follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 01-05-2014, 10:43 AM   #29
bakerr6

Drives: 2013 raven black fr-s
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
dustin, pm me if you are looking for someone local that will be switching from na to FI in about a month or 2. I can pick the kit up from Charged86 (Ryan) if you do not prefer to ship it. I go through usually 2+ tanks of E85 per week, and will be even more soon
bakerr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:33 PM   #30
charged86

Drives: whiteout gt86 2015 IS350fsport
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerr6 View Post
dustin, pm me if you are looking for someone local that will be switching from na to FI in about a month or 2. I can pick the kit up from Charged86 (Ryan) if you do not prefer to ship it. I go through usually 2+ tanks of E85 per week, and will be even more soon

they are 2 hours south of me. but when I get mine they can ship to me if you really want to pick it up in the nati
bakerr6 (01-05-2014)
Old 01-05-2014, 08:37 PM   #31
Cessblood
Boost equals pleasure

Drives: MT Raven FRS Lexus ES300 &Turbo tc
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Watching.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:51 PM   #32
Ross

Drives: 85 corolla gts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
How many tank fulls would you need feed back on? Also more info on the lines used would be appreciated, such as is it using a hard line under the car ect... I have phoned you and left a message. If you would like feel free to pm me about this as I have a few other questions as well. If I do not have to reinvent the wheel so to say for a upcoming project this could be a nice solution.
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:58 PM   #33
Dustin@Dynosty

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
How many tank fulls would you need feed back on? Also more info on the lines used would be appreciated, such as is it using a hard line under the car ect... I have phoned you and left a message. If you would like feel free to pm me about this as I have a few other questions as well. If I do not have to reinvent the wheel so to say for a upcoming project this could be a nice solution.
Hey Ross-

I apologize, we are closed on the weekends and have been covered up in the shop this morning, the lovely -10 degree weather that showed up has been a problem for some of the cars being delivered for builds. I guess this customer forgot to bleed the air suspension systems in the winter so have a slammed car on frozen air suspension stuck on the transport services truck. But on topic...

I don't suspect it to take more than 2-3 tank fulls, we will just want the hangers on both sides pulled when the "fill up tank light" comes on so we can get a measurement of how much fuel is in each side. If tank one measures out fine and tank two confirms it, then we will just want a third check and will be good. If tank one has a balance issue we have the parts already on the shelf to modify the flow up or down. Just make take an extra tank or two.

As far as info on the lines, Aeroquip Star Lite -6AN for feed and return. We removed the gas tank vent hard line along with the factory feed hard line for our shop car and ran through the factory brake/fuel line supports that have been modified. But we can sell the system a la carte if you want to purchase just our machined items and supply your own fuel lines etc.

I am back from lunch now if you would like to call in with any other questions. We received an overwhelming amount of emails, pms, and phone calls after announcing this so we are working to get responses back to everyone. 502-384-8882
Dustin@Dynosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:18 PM   #34
xxscaxx

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin@Dynosty View Post
Hey Ross-

I apologize, we are closed on the weekends and have been covered up in the shop this morning, the lovely -10 degree weather that showed up has been a problem for some of the cars being delivered for builds. I guess this customer forgot to bleed the air suspension systems in the winter so have a slammed car on frozen air suspension stuck on the transport services truck. But on topic...

I don't suspect it to take more than 2-3 tank fulls, we will just want the hangers on both sides pulled when the "fill up tank light" comes on so we can get a measurement of how much fuel is in each side. If tank one measures out fine and tank two confirms it, then we will just want a third check and will be good. If tank one has a balance issue we have the parts already on the shelf to modify the flow up or down. Just make take an extra tank or two.

As far as info on the lines, Aeroquip Star Lite -6AN for feed and return. We removed the gas tank vent hard line along with the factory feed hard line for our shop car and ran through the factory brake/fuel line supports that have been modified. But we can sell the system a la carte if you want to purchase just our machined items and supply your own fuel lines etc.

I am back from lunch now if you would like to call in with any other questions. We received an overwhelming amount of emails, pms, and phone calls after announcing this so we are working to get responses back to everyone. 502-384-8882
I PM'd you regarding the fuel system, but am quoting you to tell your air ride customer to throw some air brake anti-freeze into his tank. 1-2 capfulls. His check valve and/or water trap if he has one is most likely frozen lol.
xxscaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:24 PM   #35
Dustin@Dynosty

yep, I was lucky enough to stay in the office while they worked it off the truck and into the shop to let it thaw. but that is exactly what we have sitting here as soon as it does.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:38 AM   #36
AZFA20
Automotive Connoisseur

Drives: too many cars
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
our system will be available as a whole and a la carte but we are finishing up some final details and will revise the first post with pricing
Any word on this?
Old 01-22-2014, 11:58 AM   #37
Hawaiian
That guy

Drives: Ultramarine mt FR-S
Thanked 1,389 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZFA20 View Post
Any word on this?
They are still doing some fitment and testing afiak.
Jr Tuned 506whp @17psi (e73)
Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hawaiian For This Useful Post:
AZFA20 (01-22-2014)
Old 01-27-2014, 08:59 PM   #38
Ny Brz
Hella Flush

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I'll be keeping this in mind when I go bigger and new block
Old 01-27-2014, 09:38 PM   #39
jamesm
Banned

Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,180 Posts
Mentioned: 313 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Any idea when this will be available? I need to ditch this dw ASAP.
jamesm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jamesm For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (01-27-2014)
Old 01-28-2014, 07:21 AM   #40
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,344 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:

The Dynosty 1000 Fuel System is a full feed and return system that retains the OEM venturi system (draws fuel from the other side of the saddle tank), allows for more fuel flow, and keeps everything concealed safely under the factory panels as designed by Toyota/Subaru.
There has been reports by other vendors that the OEM venturi system can suffer from starvation on hard cornering/ high HP applications and also fuel starvation issues with less than half a tank on the car if a surge tank is not used.

Is this addressed by this new fuel system?

Last edited by Sportsguy83; 01-28-2014 at 07:53 AM.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:49 AM   #41
Dustin@Dynosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAB-FRS View Post
Does it come with a fuel pressure regulator? I dont see it on the pictures
Yes it will include everything but injectors (which will be available in addition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesm View Post
Any idea when this will be available? I need to ditch this dw ASAP.
Working out the final details for testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
There has been reports by other vendors that the OEM venturi system can suffer from starvation on hard cornering/ high HP applications and also fuel starvation issues with less than half a tank on the car if a surge tank is not used.

Is this addressed by this new fuel system?
How I should of worded the description is that we have designed a new venturi system that will keep both sides of the tank draining properly as designed from the factory. While it will work on a track application, we have not tested the system for road course application as of yet. If you are an avid road racer, nothing will beat a properly designed surge tank if the vehicle is a track only car. The system we have designed is going to be more for your street and drag applications that do not want a separate tank in the cabin or trunk and need to exceed the limitations of a drop in fuel pump.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dustin@Dynosty For This Useful Post:
jamesm (01-28-2014), Sportsguy83 (01-28-2014), TRD_07 (01-28-2014)
Old 01-28-2014, 10:51 AM   #42
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,344 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:

How I should of worded the description is that we have designed a new venturi system that will keep both sides of the tank draining properly as designed from the factory. While it will work on a track application, we have not tested the system for road course application as of yet. If you are an avid road racer, nothing will beat a properly designed surge tank if the vehicle is a track only car. The system we have designed is going to be more for your street and drag applications that do not want a separate tank in the cabin or trunk and need to exceed the limitations of a drop in fuel pump.
Awesome. Fits my needs.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote