follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 01-05-2014, 05:52 PM   #29
puravida

Drives: 14 brz, 97 nsx, 85 land cruiser
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
just an update . . . i tried placing a adhesive foam below the accelerator assembly . . . some forum members had luck solving the rattle with felt. unfortunately it hasn't solved the problem . . . i'm thinking the "buzzing" is coming from somewhere else . . .

any suggestions?

much appreciated
puravida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:07 PM   #30
JSMIL

Drives: FRS 10 series
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I have this same buzzing sound over certain road surfaces. It sounds like a frequency buzzing that only occurs when the road surface causes it tho vibrate at the right frequency. I would love to hear someone come up with a pinpoint of the problem or fix that works.
JSMIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:06 PM   #31
BRZprime

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMIL View Post
I have this same buzzing sound over certain road surfaces. It sounds like a frequency buzzing that only occurs when the road surface causes it tho vibrate at the right frequency. I would love to hear someone come up with a pinpoint of the problem or fix that works.
I think I have the same exact thing, but I started noticing that It usually happens on rough roads (i.e. any road in Cali) when I'm driving at high speeds AND when I depress the accelerator just an inch or so (barely enough to actually give it any gas). I'm thinking the felt trick will fix it, but I'm waiting to find some free time to take it to the dealership.
BRZprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:07 AM   #32
the new guy

Drives: 2014 Asphalt FR-S/2018 Thunder GT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMIL View Post
THIS! I just noticed a similar pattern today when going over bumps. On the lookout now to see if it's a trend.
the new guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:16 AM   #33
husker741
Banned

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FR-S 6MT
Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,415 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Everyone having this issue: when it is happening, grasp the top of the gauge cluster that's right behind the steering wheel. Here's a picture for reference.

This buzzing was cause by this. I still have it happening, and I think I've concluded that it is the plastic of the cluster hood hitting the clear plastic of the actual gauge cluster. So I unscrewed the one screw, popped it out of there with all the clips, shoved a little foam in between and in the creases, then put it back together. So far, so good (knock on wood).
husker741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:09 AM   #34
ucsmfu

Drives: BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by husker741 View Post
Everyone having this issue: when it is happening, grasp the top of the gauge cluster that's right behind the steering wheel. Here's a picture for reference.

This buzzing was cause by this. I still have it happening, and I think I've concluded that it is the plastic of the cluster hood hitting the clear plastic of the actual gauge cluster. So I unscrewed the one screw, popped it out of there with all the clips, shoved a little foam in between and in the creases, then put it back together. So far, so good (knock on wood).
did this fix the buzzing sounds ?

Where was your buzzing sound coming from ?

Seems like from the left hand driver side, around the HID leveling headlights controller
ucsmfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 02:24 PM   #35
the new guy

Drives: 2014 Asphalt FR-S/2018 Thunder GT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by husker741 View Post

This noise irritates me more than crickets when I hear it, would you mind highlighting in the picture where you put the foam?
the new guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:51 PM   #36
ucsmfu

Quote:
Originally Posted by the new guy View Post
This noise irritates me more than crickets when I hear it, would you mind highlighting in the picture where you put the foam?
I think this will solve our buzzing sound. I don't think the sound is coming from the cluster

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=39
Old 03-04-2014, 10:00 AM   #37
AJ

Drives: ’13 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I have this same problem. I have applied raammat and ensolite under the gas pedal, I have foamed and applied raammat to about 300 other surfaces inside the dash including the guage cluster, and still no joy. I sure hope they figure this one out pretty soon. This issue is hard to ignore when driving the car.
AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:51 AM   #38
fatherfork
Fears Hiccups

Drives: Toyota badged 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
I have this same problem. I have applied raammat and ensolite under the gas pedal, I have foamed and applied raammat to about 300 other surfaces inside the dash including the guage cluster, and still no joy. I sure hope they figure this one out pretty soon. This issue is hard to ignore when driving the car.
I tried the felt gas pedal too to no avail. It seems like mine is coming from behind the steering wheel, I just haven't had a chance to take the console apart.

I also put friction tape all over and in every seam of the instrument cluster with no meaningful difference.
fatherfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:47 AM   #39
chandz05

Drives: CBS BRZ limited MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Mine has started doing this too, at around about 25k miles. However, I know that my driver side "buzzing" is the speaker on the dash. I think it's very slightly loose, and pushing it down for a few seconds completely stops the sound. It's only happened once or twice for me though, so not really a problem. Dunno if this helps you guys...
chandz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:05 PM   #40
AJ

Drives: ’13 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Worth a try, I haven't messed with the speaker yet..
AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #41
fatherfork
Fears Hiccups

Drives: Toyota badged 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Worth a try, I haven't messed with the speaker yet..
I put friction tape all around that grille too, so that's not where mine is coming from. Let me know if you find it.

I was able to reproduce what I think is the buzzing by tapping on the steering wheel at a certain angle. I couldn't reliably make it happen, but I could get it sometimes. This is why I think mine is behind the steering wheel somewhere. So frustrating on the road.
fatherfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:03 PM   #42
ucsmfu

My buzzing noise came back today