follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #57
torqdork

Drives: RV-7
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmtigers View Post
Haha does sound good but sadly, I will have been driving since 6am >.> not sure I want to be focusing too hard in the curvies!

Edit: how long should I stay at certain rpms?
I'm with humfrz, maybe 5-10 minutes then change gears from 6th to 5th, maybe even 4th if it doesn't exceed 4K rpm although I wouldn't worry about a few blips above that or holding speed a little longer. Then back up through the gears and repeat.

Then every half-hour take an exit ramp to gently brake and downshift through the gears to a stop to exercise the tranny then accel up the entrance ramp. Mainly avoid using cruise control during the drive home and no WOT until 1K miles (yes, I ran up to 5K a couple of times to blend with traffic and get a hint of what was coming soon).

Excited for you! Expecting pics tomorrow!
torqdork is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to torqdork For This Useful Post:
calmtigers (12-25-2013)
Old 12-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #58
calmtigers

Drives: 2014 Whiteout TRD FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@torqdork
Thanks for the detailed guide!
I'm more excited for the day after christmas than I am christmas itself!

Hope you all are having a happy holiday, and a merry christmas
calmtigers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calmtigers For This Useful Post:
torqdork (12-25-2013)
Old 12-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #59
Wes

Drives: JRSC'd Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
If you want to drive, go to Power Toyota/Scion in Cerritos, and talk to Weng Foong, he'll take care of you, I requested for no FLP and he took care of it without any hassle, tell him I referred you
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #60
solidONE

Drives: FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm finally getting close to purchasing a 14 Whiteout FRS (6mt) with no add ons.
I've called in my local dealer (who I bought my 10 corolla from) and told them exactly what I wanted etc.

However, the issue seems to be that they can not 100% gaurantee that it doesn't have the front license plate drilled in.

This for me is a deal breaker. While I understand it's California law, i've seen many pick them up before they drill the front of the car.

Anyone in California have any experience with this or know a good dealership that will pull some strings to get me what I want?
I'm not sure if you have Longo Toyota dealership near you, but they do not install the front plate holder.
solidONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 05:45 PM   #61
fistpoint

Drives: Supercharged Golf Cart
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
So the key to no holes is a fresh delivery? Or generally it seems that way. Waiting for the dealer to call me back.

Absolutely. I guess most of us forgot to mention that part. I believe as soon as the car gets the PDI is when the holes get made. And the PDI usually occurs as soon as the cars arrive.

So yea, the "no holes please" only works on cars that are NOT currently on the lot, unless the dealer doesn't drill, which is what I found around a few dealers in Houston.

Quote:
He also told me that there is a 500$ deposit for them to have a car delivered. I'm assuming if I'm not happy with it I can tell them I don't want it. However, my worry is that they'll charge me for delivery if I want another one?

Deposit is normal practice, a non-refundable deposit is NOT normal. I played with my dealer in regard to the refundable deposit. He initially said no, until I said "well that's too bad then, thanks"...then suddenly it changes to "oh wait of course we can refund it".

If they want your business, your deposit should have in writing that it is 100% refundable. If not, walk away(hang up phone because you shouldn't be in person at this stage anyway).

Having a car delivered from another dealer is another story. They swap one of theirs for the one you want, but 2 people are being paid to drive these cars. In this case I would think no refund because they did go out of pocket to make it happen. A car being delivered to the lot as part of their normal inventory does not apply. These cars aren't ordered, they are allocated. What comes in what they get.
fistpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #62
calmtigers

So what ended up happening is that I looked for a Sacramento Toyota dealer as my father was going to Sac on thursday (tomorrow).
Called one in Elk Grove because I saw that they had one with no options. Talked to the first guy in sales, who seemed a bit rude at first.

He called me back in 10 minutes and told me that there was one that just came off the truck and the guy who did the PDI had taken the day off.
My luck, white MT, no front license plate.

He even said he's going to fulfill a graduate discount (we'll hope tomorrow), and he's holding the car until tomorrow at 12!

Lets hope, that the car has no front licenseplate tomorrow and that everything goes smoothly!

EDIT: It was Elk Grove Scion!

Last edited by calmtigers; 12-25-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #63
N1rve

Drives: 2019 BMW ///M4
Thanked 1,167 Times in 714 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
So what ended up happening is that I looked for a Sacramento Toyota dealer as my father was going to Sac on thursday (tomorrow).
Called one in Roseville because I saw that they had one with no options. Talked to the first guy in sales, who seemed a bit rude at first.

He called me back in 10 minutes and told me that there was one that just came off the truck and the guy who did the PDI had taken the day off.
My luck, white MT, no front license plate.

He even said he's going to fulfill a graduate discount (we'll hope tomorrow), and he's holding the car until tomorrow at 12!

Lets hope, that the car has no front licenseplate tomorrow and that everything goes smoothly!

Good luck!
N1rve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to N1rve For This Useful Post:
calmtigers (12-25-2013)
Old 12-26-2013, 05:13 PM   #64
calmtigers

No car guys, it was perfect and then fucking Elk Grove Toyota wanted to give me 3.09% interested when my father has a 850+ credit score.

The search begins again. Anyone get a good percent on a 14? These guys are fucking tire kickers been here since 11am
Old 12-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #65
the new guy

Drives: 2014 Asphalt FR-S/2018 Thunder GT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
I was financed through a credit union. Get pre approved so you can walk in with a check and get your beauty!
the new guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #66
calmtigers

Might go talk to a credit union tomorrow, seriously fuck these guys at Elk Grove, they kept running us around took absolutely forever
Old 12-26-2013, 06:37 PM   #67
Spartan65
USMC Veteran Semper Fi

Drives: 2010 WR Blue STi
Garage
Quote:
I'm finally getting close to purchasing a 14 Whiteout FRS (6mt) with no add ons.
I've called in my local dealer (who I bought my 10 corolla from) and told them exactly what I wanted etc.

However, the issue seems to be that they can not 100% gaurantee that it doesn't have the front license plate drilled in.

This for me is a deal breaker. While I understand it's California law, i've seen many pick them up before they drill the front of the car.

Anyone in California have any experience with this or know a good dealership that will pull some strings to get me what I want?
There is one like you want sitting in front of Beaver Toyota right now in NM
Beaver Toyota
Old 12-26-2013, 06:42 PM   #68
B L U E S L A T E

Drives: BMW E84
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
300$ I'd rather not spend. Not sure if you've seen my corolla but it was about 1/2 from the ground and I drove that thing everywhere.

Not sure if you've tried to sell a newer car but something they will notice is repaints and replaced parts. Why would I not just wait to get what I want than pay extra for unsightly holes and later resale decrease

I have my reasons for this bud, not just me being anal

Thanks guys for all the great info and advice!
Monday I'll find out if the car my dealer found at their sister dealer has holes in it or not!
Go to Longo Toyota. Talk to Jeff Chang. He'll hook you up with a brand new FR-S no questions asked... without plate holes.
B L U E S L A T E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #69
torqdork

Drives: RV-7
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Might go talk to a credit union tomorrow, seriously fuck these guys at Elk Grove, they kept running us around took absolutely forever
Several here have mentioned this place being easy to work with and about the best rates anywhere:

https://www.penfed.org/New-Auto-Loan/
torqdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #70
calmtigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqdork View Post
Several here have mentioned this place being easy to work with and about the best rates anywhere:

https://www.penfed.org/New-Auto-Loan/
Any brick and mortar stores? What's ridiculous is both mine and my fathers credit score is really good. Now this dealer is just trying squeeze the last penny out.

Also longo is the long term plan if nothing works out Nor Cal (sac area).. I'm here for a few days so I may as well try the credit union deal as they have one of my liking and I've driven here anyway..