follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 12-19-2013, 03:11 AM   #799
ncmx5

Drives: 2013 BRZ premium
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New BRZ owner!!!!

I am so excited to pick up my '13 BRZ!!! Got a great deal trading in my '11 GTI.. I had a 3rd gen miata before and I can't wait to go back to RWD. My dealer managed to find a lighting red premium 6 spd, which seems to be somewhat rare as far as colors go.
ncmx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:54 AM   #800
PollosHermanos

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited 6SP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmx5 View Post
I am so excited to pick up my '13 BRZ!!! Got a great deal trading in my '11 GTI.. I had a 3rd gen miata before and I can't wait to go back to RWD. My dealer managed to find a lighting red premium 6 spd, which seems to be somewhat rare as far as colors go.
There are more than a few people here coming from GTIs, myself included. Congrats on the car you're going to love it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
1990 Laser RS - Lights go up, lights go down ||1992 MX-6 Coupe - Hah ... no || 2001 Integra GSR - Almost rice. Risotto || 2003 IS300 - A nice car but no fun. || 2011 Stage I GTI - Lots of fun. Would buy another

2014 BRZ - That BRZ. So hot right now.
PollosHermanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:26 AM   #801
fistfulofbrz

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited WRB
If anyone in the 30022 area sees a 2013 WRB Limited buzzing around, it might be me.

I took delivery back on Nov. 29th with 7 miles and zero scratches.
Now I've got 672 miles and a couple light, hairline, scratches (near the corner of the passenger rear wheel well) ...they should buff out on the next waxing.

I’ve been going as easy on the break-in period as my spirit will allow, it's tough to always hold back. The first 400 miles was right-by-the-book. And I never red lined it on purpose and stay as near 4000rmps as possible. I’ve recently re-committed (!!!) to taking it easy for the rest of the break-in… But I do have to occasionally (haha) dart across traffic or accelerate thru a yellow light. I drive in Atlanta suburban traffic after all and you got to survive.

Not planning a lot of MODS. But first thing I did was replace the OEM startup screen on the NAV system. I’ve got ebay purchases for the GT86 OEM armrest and knee pads/speaker panels. Other than that; I am happy for now. Really Happy
fistfulofbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:47 AM   #802
subwaynm

Drives: Scion FR-S Coupe
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistfulofbrz View Post
If anyone in the 30022 area sees a 2013 WRB Limited buzzing around, it might be me.

I took delivery back on Nov. 29th with 7 miles and zero scratches.
Now I've got 672 miles and a couple light, hairline, scratches (near the corner of the passenger rear wheel well) ...they should buff out on the next waxing.

I’ve been going as easy on the break-in period as my spirit will allow, it's tough to always hold back. The first 400 miles was right-by-the-book. And I never red lined it on purpose and stay as near 4000rmps as possible. I’ve recently re-committed (!!!) to taking it easy for the rest of the break-in… But I do have to occasionally (haha) dart across traffic or accelerate thru a yellow light. I drive in Atlanta suburban traffic after all and you got to survive.

Not planning a lot of MODS. But first thing I did was replace the OEM startup screen on the NAV system. I’ve got ebay purchases for the GT86 OEM armrest and knee pads/speaker panels. Other than that; I am happy for now. Really Happy
Welcome fistfulfbrz, yes I agree the little cars are a blast as they are. Great site; great cars have a blast and Happy Holidays.
subwaynm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:49 AM   #803
subwaynm

Garage
Quote:
Welcome to the group; enjoy your new ride, and Happy Holidays
The Following User Says Thank You to subwaynm For This Useful Post:
guysmyley (12-20-2013)
Old 12-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #804
guysmyley

Drives: lexus
acquired

hihi guys

forever fan and long-time troll finally caved lol

traded in blue lexus gs300
bought black subaru brz

really loving it!

right now, i am interested in wider wheels and the fr-s nose
car is plenty quick in the city already, but i will keep coming here to learn about engine mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwaynm View Post
guysmyley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #805
Josh.McDonell

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
I've been lurking here for a few months and finally decided to start posting.

I bought my BRZ on a whim in May after being completely let down in the ownership of a 2012 GTI that I picked the previous September. Previously I'd DD'd an NA Miata and the switch to FWD was impossible to cope with. I took a slight equity hit, but the trade in value was fair IMO and driving the BRZ every day certainly makes up for it. So much so that I even sold the Miata to start funding future mods.

To start I'll be going the same route as the Miata - Suspension, wheels, intake, and exhaust. Eventually I'll go FI. I'm really liking what Innovate has to offer and I'm heavily leaning that way. For now though I'm just enjoying the Blizzak WS-70's I had put on the stock wheels. When spring rolls around I'll be going with some gold RPF1s - I'm thinking 17x9 +35 if I can find a set and I'm comfortable with the fit with stock springs.

Hopefully these pictures work - google is breaking my balls merging picasa and g+...

The GTI

The Miata and the BRZ

And a little parking lot fun from last week. This car has been extremely capable in the snow so far.

Anyways, I've learned a lot so far and hopefully there's a lot more to come. I followed this car through it's development and I'm very excited to actually have one now. I can't wait to start making it fit my wants and take it to the track. Hopefully starting with an ice race in February.
Josh.McDonell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #806
Cyzerman

Drives: 2014 WRB BRZ Limited
Hey guys, I've been reading the forums for awhile. Don't have my BRZ yet but I wanted to say hi. Saving money for down payment and have to sell my car first. Can't wait!
Cyzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #807
Necro

Drives: '13 BRZ
Hey guys, new guy here. I have a galaxy blue '13 brz for about 5 months. Been lurking the forums for a while, decided to join.
Loving the car so far!!
Necro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #808
BRZZZZZZZZZZ
Car Nut

Drives: BMW 335d, Toyota Echo RS, FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
New here as well, sold my 2008 BMW 135i that made 336WHP a couple weeks ago and picked up a 2014 Lightning Red BRZ Sport Tech to replace it. I'll miss the power certainly but I tend to do a lot of Auto X so the BRZ fits the bill a lot better.

Currently sitting in my garage with 23KM on it, can't wait for spring to drive it!
BRZZZZZZZZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:41 AM   #809
ncmx5

Drives: 2013 BRZ premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by subwaynm View Post
Thanks, finally had a day to drive the car around! This is the best thing I've ever driven for feel and handling, save for my shifter kart... But WOW.. its better than I thought it could ever be! Ill get some pics soon.
ncmx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:46 AM   #810
robwbright

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited WRB Phantom ESC 1.5
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Hello everyone. Bought a new 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT two weeks ago while on vacation in Myrtle Beach, SC - and got it under invoice (had a very pleasant experience at Hadwin White Subaru in Conway). Wasn't really planning on buying yet, but there aren't any Subaru dealers near me and this was my first look at a BRZ in WR Blue. Both my wife and I were struck by the color/car combination. Love it. When I asked the wife what she thought, she surprisingly said, "just say yes". Needless to say, I did. The car takes me back to 1995 when I bought a beloved Prelude VTEC. Power to weight almost identical... but while the Lude handled really well for a front driver, the BRZ's rear drive is sweet!

FYI, I live in SE Ohio and it snowed right after I got home. I promptly went to the local tire shop and got some Hankook iPike RS tires installed (can't recall if they're 419 or 409). Anyway, I'd advise everyone... DON'T get those tires for this car. Driving home from the shop, I ended up calling to ask what the heck was going on with the handling before I even got home. There was near zero dry traction, car floating all over the road at 70 mph, traction control kicking on at 35 mph on a bridge cloverleaf. Didn't improve on a 300 mile drive to and from KY. The entire 300 miles was damp/wet roads and I had to really pay attention at 60mph just to keep the car moving straight. Slight course corrections felt like severe (for this car) body roll. The sidewall of the tire apparently is just too soft.

Thankfully, I called Hankook and they were kind enough to warranty refund the tires for negative effect on handling. So I had the stock tires put back on today. The wonderful handing is back (and thankfully no snow and 55 degrees today). For this year at least, I think I'm just going to avoid driving in snow... which isn't that difficult given that we really only have about 5-10 snow days a year here.

Anyway, thanks for putting together a forum like this. I imagine I'll be on here occasionally to look into possible mods/upgrades. FI may be in my future at some point and I'd like to hit mid-Ohio for a track day at some point.
robwbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 02:47 AM   #811
robwbright

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited WRB Phantom ESC 1.5
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks, finally had a day to drive the car around! This is the best thing I've ever driven for feel and handling, save for my shifter kart... But WOW.. its better than I thought it could ever be! Ill get some pics soon.
My father in law is a shifter kart racer... and he seemed impressed with the handling, steering and shifting of the BRZ.
robwbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 03:19 AM   #812
subwaynm

Garage
Quote:
Cool glad you enjoy it; I agree fully and the more I drive it the more I appreciate it. And for me it has plenty of power and I'm sure I haven't scratched the surface with 565mi. Have fun.