follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Subaru BRZ

User Tag List

Old 06-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #113
Cameronghanson

Drives: n/a
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKDENG View Post
My Red BRZ. Work in progress. Just had it washed. Sorry for the background.
is the STI badge on the bumper set in at all? looks like it was cut slightly to make it a 90º angle so the STI would be flat.
Cameronghanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:57 PM   #114
finallyfi

Drives: DGM BRZ (ordered)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKDENG View Post
My Red BRZ. Work in progress. Just had it washed. Sorry for the background.
That is one clean red BRZ! Love the lip on it!
finallyfi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to finallyfi For This Useful Post:
NIKDENG (08-03-2013), Zaku (09-25-2013)
Old 08-16-2013, 12:04 AM   #115
wawawoowee

Drives: LR BRZ Limited
just got my BRZ a couple weeks ago...loving it!

wawawoowee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wawawoowee For This Useful Post:
Choco (02-04-2015)
Old 08-16-2013, 01:22 PM   #116
DarthNads

Drives: 2003 Mazda Protege 5 limited
Ugh, I wish Dark Grey and Red were available in Canada...

I want to take the plunge but I can only finance. The color choices here make me NOT want to get one.
DarthNads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:57 AM   #117
wlwarfield
VTECLOL

Drives: 2011 STi & 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
My wife & I finally got our Lightning Red BRZ today!

His & Hers Lightning Red Subarus

2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STi sedan
2013 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
wlwarfield is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wlwarfield For This Useful Post:
Choco (02-04-2015), KelvinBRZ (08-20-2013), Mr. (08-20-2013)
Old 08-20-2013, 01:50 AM   #118
KelvinBRZ
GBS Mafia Member

Drives: with Snow mode on
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlwarfield View Post

That's awesome. Moar pics!!

GBS Mafia
KelvinBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #119
wlwarfield
VTECLOL

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelvinBRZ View Post
That's awesome. Moar pics!!
Thanks! The car had to go back to the dealer today to fix some scratches the detail people made. I should have it back soon and will do a full photoshoot of both cars!
Old 08-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #120
gt8613
I dream of BRZ

Drives: Prospective BRZ owner.
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Did you alter the photos? or are these purely realistic?

I can tell some of the other photos are taken with a shitty camera but I hope you did not adjust the contrast, hue or some other photoshop magic...because the car looks really good in your pics.and i would like to think that it does look that good in reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
Hi everyone,

I paid a visit to one of the traveling BRZs at Carter Subaru in Shoreline, WA. I took a bunch of photos and wrote up my own personal impressions Enjoy!

http://www.nwmotiv.com/cars/subaru-b...t-impressions/

Thanks,
Armin

Since the joint venture between Toyota and Subaru was announced last year, few cars have received as much hype, excitement, and naysayers as the upcoming Scion FR-S and Subaru BRZ. The spiritual successor to Toyota’s AE86 of Initial D anime and drifting fame, both the FR-S and BRZ have swooned automotive journalists around the world with its handling prowess, low weight and center of gravity, and above all, low projected MSRP. We’ve definitely had our eyes on both of these models here at NWMotiv, even coming up with a concept composite of what our future BRZ might look like. However, despite all the peer pressure, Facebook polls, and constant research, nothing could possibly mean more than actually seeing, feeling, and ultimately driving the car in person. While we weren’t able to get any driving impressions this time around, we were at least given the opportunity to closely examine a new Subaru BRZ on the showroom floor of Carter Subaru in Shoreline, WA as this dealer demo vehicle continues its tour across the country.

Story and Photos by Armin H. Ausejo

Carter Subaru cleared out its main area just for the BRZ, putting the Lightning Red coupe front and center at their dealership. You can easily see the BRZ from the street and seeing it up close and personal instantly leaves an impression. The car’s body lines are truly sexy: from the fender bulges, to the shape of the roof, to the mean tough-guy stare of the headlamps, the BRZ just looks like you’re ready to kick it into ludicrous speed just sitting there. It’s definitely a small car, being about 3 inches shorter than the first generation 350Z and 2 inches shorter than the FC RX-7. Once you open the hood, you see what all of the low center of gravity hubbub is all about. The motor is completely and literally below the hips, and you pretty much have to give a very honorable bow just to touch the motor (more on the motor and engine bay later). The HID and LED headlamps truly differentiate it from its Scion brethren, although the clear reflectors in front were easily mistaken for fog lights. The wheels are – well, they’re very stock-looking wheels, and the 5×100 bolt pattern is a bit disappointing for the sake of aftermarket wheel options, much less possible future wheel bearing issues. Thankfully, there is quite a bit of space in the wheel wells and reports from the FR-S camp have said that fitting 10-inch wide wheels on the rear is as easy as destroying your 2002 WRX’s transmission with an AWD burnout. The stock tires are laughable Toyota Prius tires, which means you’ll be able to get your dori-dori on with little effort, but we’re already dreading the future forum posts complaining about the tires and 12 mph spool on wet roads.

Opening the door to the interior, our suspicions were indeed correct about the backseat. Both Subaru and Scion list their respective versions as a “2+2,” but the only 2 things you might be able to fit in the back seat are half of your 17-inch track/auto-x wheels and tires. Unless you’re a very vertically challenged individual, there’s absolutely no way you can even fit a toddler in the back seat, much less a child or small adult. One would believe they left in a couple back seats in for insurance purposes, but they truly are useless, so you might as well just keep them folded down the whole time. On the other hand, the front seats are quite comfortable and while they don’t have a name like Recaro or Sparco stitched onto them, they could easily pass as one of their models. If anything, the design of the front seats is similar to a Bride seat. The interior plastics and other materials have a nice feel to them, very similar to that of Subaru’s 2008+ STI. Even the gauges glow red like the STI, and the interior stitching also has an STI look to them. Visibility out front and to the sides is excellent, almost bubble canopy-like, however the blind spots offer a pretty thick C-pillar that doesn’t give a very good rearward view for quick lane changes.

Stepping out once again, we next take a look at where Subaru and Toyota decided to save weight. One of the main draws of this new model is the fact that the curb weight is going to be in the 2700-2800 lbs range, depending on your options and choice of transmission. Subaru lists its most basic version of the BRZ with a manual transmission weighing in at a mere 2762 lbs and upon further examination, you can really tell where they decided to skimp or go cheap to save weight. One glaring example was the fender liners, which were simply exposed rubber pieces in the engine bay. You could press up on the fender liner from the wheel well and the exact same piece would be popping up in the engine bay. On the contrary, the hood is extremely light, easily lighter than an STI’s aluminum hood, thus Subaru decided to spend a little extra for weight savings in this case. Overall, the car didn’t feel cheap in any way, but making sacrifices such as the fender liner does give off an air of cutting corners, even if that could potentially lead to a better driving experience.

Ultimately, driving experience is all that really matters for this car in the end. With a 200 horsepower, naturally aspirated motor under the hood, many people will easily scoff at the idea that this car will be any better than a Hyundai Genesis Coupe or even an RSX Type-S. “Needs more power” was the phrase heard the most when standing around the car with fellow enthusiasts and unfortunately this car was not available for any test drives. We were at least able to hear the motor, which definitely had a nice boxer rumble to it. We have no doubt that an aftermarket exhaust will make this motor really roar. Nevertheless, there is definitely some room in the engine bay for additions. The motor is quite pushed back toward the firewall, so any aftermarket turbo system would most likely need to be mounted in front of the motor, much like the current generation Subaru Legacy GT and opposite of the WRX and STI. However, rumor has it that this motor uses the same motor mounts as the WRX and STI, which of course begs the question of why not throw in an STI motor from beginning if that’s the case? As completely valid as that question might be, one has to remember while Subaru did the vast majority of the design and manufacturing of this vehicle, the original idea and concept is Toyota’s, and as the spiritual success to the AE86, keeping it a lightweight, naturally aspirated car just made sense. Nevertheless, perhaps Subaru’s H6 3.6L motor from their Legacy 3.6R might prove to be an interesting swap in the future.

Full article continued at http://www.nwmotiv.com/cars/subaru-b...t-impressions/
gt8613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:21 AM   #121
8ight_6ix

Drives: A Beater
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlwarfield View Post

That lightning red sti is so sexy. Too bad we dont get em here in canada
8ight_6ix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:18 AM   #122
Gaiakai

Drives: '21 Civic Type R
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Bumpity bump

IMG_0762 by Gaiakai, on Flickr
The Following User Says Thank You to Gaiakai For This Useful Post:
Choco (02-04-2015)
Old 09-27-2013, 06:20 PM   #123
wlwarfield
VTECLOL

Garage
Installed my new wheels/tires & suspension.
Stance Supersport coilovers
Enkei NT03+M 18x9.5 +40 matte black
Dunlop Direzza DZ101 245/40R18.

The Following User Says Thank You to wlwarfield For This Useful Post:
Choco (02-04-2015)
Old 10-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #124
ccclxx

Drives: 09 370Z 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaiakai View Post
Bumpity bump

IMG_0762 by Gaiakai, on Flickr
LOVE this picture
ccclxx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ccclxx For This Useful Post:
Gaiakai (10-01-2013)
Old 10-05-2013, 01:58 AM   #125
gt8613
I dream of BRZ

Drives: Prospective BRZ owner.
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Wait, how did he get STI parts that early on? WTF?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisPrime909 View Post
uh-oh...Red with sti bits on it looks better than i thought....

crap, I got a whole month left to decide what color i want and this isn't making it easier.

LR,WRB,GBS,SSM,or DGM?

What to choose?
gt8613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:30 AM   #126
DaiTT500

Drives:
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
just got mines last week:

DaiTT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DaiTT500 For This Useful Post:
Choco (02-04-2015)