follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 07-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #197
DriftEm

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
John mail box is full, can't send him PM
Old 07-28-2013, 11:01 PM   #198
enouf
Mr. Grumpy

Drives: 86 GT, Fuji Red, MT
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftEm View Post
Well, my setup is also leaking, from the same place as others. I did the double clamp setup like some one did here and for now no leak.

I'm very uncomfortable with this issue. I don't understand why John didn't use the same kind of fittings like the other connections. This needs to be resolved before a car catches on fire.
Hopefully we get an update soon on when the new fittings will be sent out - fingers crossed that us non-US peeps can get a compression fitting for the engine side metal hardline/barb as well since we've got two potential leakage points
enouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:00 AM   #199
Szippy

Drives: 2013 Argento FR-S M/T
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Double clamp leak fix...ditto

Same here. I checked my install and it wasn't leaking, then did the flash and no issues idling in my driveway for 10 minutes (does pressure increase with RPM\Engine load?). Then, next morning when I went to top off at the station (just put in two gallons of E85 from a can previously at install time) I started to smell fuel. Drove it home and COULD NOT find any leaks ANYWHERE..very odd. Later that day decided it was fuel pooled somewhere from install and headed back to the station but the smell was SO STRONG it was clear there was a leak somewhere. Popped the hood at the station and saw it squirting out...didn't top off and drove home. Next morning removed clamp, checked hose and pushed back on, installed original clamp and CRANKED IT DOWN, then put the KIT hose clamp on as well...no leaks for now! Hoping the new solution is a permanent fix...and coming soon.

SZIPPY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftEm View Post
Well, my setup is also leaking, from the same place as others. I did the double clamp setup like some one did here and for now no leak.

I'm very uncomfortable with this issue. I don't understand why John didn't use the same kind of fittings like the other connections. This needs to be resolved before a car catches on fire.
Szippy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Szippy For This Useful Post:
cobrabyte (07-29-2013), enouf (07-29-2013)
Old 08-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #200
Adeets
OEDC

Drives: Vortech 8.5psi 274WHP 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich@ViscontiTuning View Post
Did you guys get a chance to see our test rig that has the Vortech kit and FlexFuel installed? 290+whp/200+wtq ... on pumpgas! The gauge was reading like e10! It's like these kits were a match made in heaven

Didn't this car, this exact car burn to the ground less then a week after this dyno?
Adeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #201
enouf
Mr. Grumpy

Drives: 86 GT, Fuji Red, MT
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeets View Post
Didn't this car, this exact car burn to the ground less then a week after this dyno?
Mebbe they didn't tighten the fuel hose enouf?....

I know, I know, it's in bad taste but I couldn't resist :P
enouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #202
Yruyur

Drives: Scion fr-s asphalt M/T
Thanked 1,631 Times in 941 Posts
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Kit came in today. Looks like it requires cutting the end off of something off.

Sent from a Motorola DynaTAC 8000X
Attached Images

Last edited by Yruyur; 08-07-2013 at 11:31 PM.
Yruyur is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yruyur For This Useful Post:
Sensisnow (08-07-2013)
Old 08-08-2013, 12:04 AM   #203
DriftEm

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yruyur View Post

Interesting, I don't know if I like to cut the metal fuel line. You can't go back to stock.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:12 AM   #204
Sensisnow

Drives: 05 TSX & 13 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yruyur View Post

Mine will be here in the morning and I'd love to have it installed by this weekend since I have a road trip coming up.

Visconti has already installed this kit, is it really too much to ask for a basic set of instructions when it comes to something as serious as fuel lines?!? Sure, he posted some photos, but they made no mention of cutting anything. Hopefully @cobrabyte & @post_break will come through again, especially since John and Rich never did post up the official instructions for the original kit that they repeatedly claimed that they were working on, and that was weeks ago.

When you spend nearly $1200 on the FlexFuel kit alone, plus the cost of the cable and license, I think any reasonable person would expect to receive some sort of instructions and guidance from the vendor, rather than having to rely on other forum members to do their job for them.
Visconti STG2 FlexFuel Tune - aFe intake - Perrin resonated catback - P&L header, front pipe, & overpipe - Kartboy short shifter - Eibach prokit springs - Smoked sidemarkers - Full LED interior/exterior - Kenwood cmos-210 backup camera - Hardwired Valentine V1
Sensisnow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sensisnow For This Useful Post:
enouf (08-08-2013), mikalem (08-08-2013)
Old 08-08-2013, 12:13 AM   #205
pheoxs
Hold my beer n watch this

Drives: '14 Fiesta ST / '91 240sx
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeets View Post
Yes that car burned to the ground, from his post it seems John was driving it and tuning at the time it burned...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-08-2013, 12:14 AM   #206
Visconti
Banned

Drives: 05 STi
Thanked 3,188 Times in 1,197 Posts
Mentioned: 375 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Visconti
Everyone will have a email tomorrow with pics and instructions on how to install it. One thing you'll need that's not included is teflon tape

I'm hitting the sack

John
Visconti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Visconti For This Useful Post:
Sensisnow (08-08-2013)
Old 08-08-2013, 12:17 AM   #207
Visconti
Banned

Drives: 05 STi
Thanked 3,188 Times in 1,197 Posts
Mentioned: 375 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Visconti
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
Yes that car burned to the ground, from his post it seems John was driving it and tuning at the time it burned...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah,

From a mechanical fuel pump under the black plate. Not my words, it's in the fire report something I'm sure I can share when I get my copy.

John
Visconti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:25 AM   #208
post_break
Professional Smartass

Drives: White Out FRS
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Garage
We'll be posting install guides for the new bits soon. I've been on vacation and haven't had time.
post_break is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to post_break For This Useful Post:
Sensisnow (08-08-2013), Yruyur (08-08-2013)
Old 08-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #209
post_break
Professional Smartass

Drives: White Out FRS
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Garage
So we've been looking at the new bits and have been adamant to install them. In the mean time I've stopped the fuel leak on my car using two clamps. The lowest clamp holds the end of the hose, the higher clamp is just below the nipple.

The single clamp I installed for the video was very loose. I have no idea how it got loose but it didn't take much to remove. I highly suggest you check your clamps for sanity. I think with this fix you won't be experiencing any fuel leaks.
Attached Images

post_break is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to post_break For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (08-11-2013), Sensisnow (08-11-2013)
Old 08-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #210
Sensisnow

Drives: 05 TSX & 13 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by post_break View Post
So we've been looking at the new bits and have been adamant to install them. In the mean time I've stopped the fuel leak on my car using two clamps. The lowest clamp holds the end of the hose, the higher clamp is just below the nipple.

The single clamp I installed for the video was very loose. I have no idea how it got loose but it didn't take much to remove. I highly suggest you check your clamps for sanity. I think with this fix you won't be experiencing any fuel leaks.
I just got back from a 4 hour road trip and I'm happy to say that I didn't have any leaking issues that I know of. I smelled a whiff of e85 a few times, but I didn't see any visual indication of leaking and my car didn't burst into flames, which is always a plus. I'm still using the single thumb clamp that I purchased to replace the clamp that John provided, which was absolute garbage. I think I posted a photo of it, along with a link earlier in this thread.

Have you heard any more from @Visconti regarding the installation instructions? According to his post above, we all should have received an instructions days ago, but he seems to have disappeared. I figured you would be the first person to receive anything, which is why I'm asking.
Visconti STG2 FlexFuel Tune - aFe intake - Perrin resonated catback - P&L header, front pipe, & overpipe - Kartboy short shifter - Eibach prokit springs - Smoked sidemarkers - Full LED interior/exterior - Kenwood cmos-210 backup camera - Hardwired Valentine V1

Last edited by Sensisnow; 08-11-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Sensisnow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campaign: ban jv, diy, e85, fuel leak, kit, laughing to the bank, oh lord jesus its a fire, visconti, viscontifried, viscontinued