follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 07-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #29
Mishimoto

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohnx View Post
Did you try contacting them when you noticed the issue? Curious to see how they responded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinBRZ View Post
I bought a Mishimoto oil cooler kit for my previous car. The sandwich plate was a disaster. The faces were not machined flat. The center hole where the adapter goes through is not circle; the adapter rubs on one area when you turn it. I had to tap the thread in the adapter since it was not machined properly. The hex nut part on the sandwich plate adapter was bigger on the one I needed so my socket didn't fit on it. It's a good thing my dad is a machinist so he could fix everything, otherwise I would have been screwed.

General overall quality of the machined parts was sub par. I bought it because I read good things about the brand, but I will be staying away in the future.
All of our products are covered by a 100% guaranteed lifetime warranty. If for some reason you receive a product that is defective, it will be covered, and we will replace it for you.
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #30
Alfalasy
2013 BRZ

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looks like the Mishimoto radiator was released already:

http://www.mishimoto.com/subaru-brz-...diator-13.html
Alfalasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:16 AM   #31
Redline360

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
We've sold Mishimoto products for years and they have always provided excellent service to our customers. They have always stood behind their products, we do support them.

We carry their radiators and have them in stock -> http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47978
Redline360 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Redline360 For This Useful Post:
Strife26 (11-25-2017)
Old 11-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #32
ntaphse

Drives: beater
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Looks like CSF has one now too. Anyone have feedback on it?

http://www.csfrace.com/cooling-produ...diators/scion/
ntaphse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #33
Tye300

Drives: Toyota 86 TRD Version AT
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro_Ja View Post
Mishimoto products are designed for the budget-minded people. They are cheaply produced and generally do not last. If you're looking to replace the part often, then Mishimoto is for you.

I've had 3 different friends buy Shittymoto rads and each one of them failed in only a few months of ownership (daily driven and show cars). Two friend switched over to Koyo and ARC, and have had no problems since, but a third friend went and bought a second radiator from Shittymoto only to have that one fail as well. (After a third one was put in, the car was sold, so I have no idea what the status is on that one.)

Also, almost all Mishimoto stuff used on the drift cars in Formula D are Koyo products passed off as Mishimoto (This was several years ago. Not sure about the current state of things, but wouldn't surprise me at all if it was still going on.)
How did the two radiators fail? Was it the same issue or completely different?
Tye300 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tye300 For This Useful Post:
whataboutbob (11-30-2013)