follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT

User Tag List

Old 07-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #785
Extreme86
Live Free, Drive Hard

Drives: 13 BRZ, 19 WRX, 10 GMC, 20 RAV4
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Upcoming Events / Let's pick some dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobrz View Post
Are there any plans for another 3 sisters run in Aug or Sep? It would be nice to set a date one month before so I can book a place to stay with the family for a few days this time. Not going to bring them to the run though to shortcut the "you're going too fast." "slow down." comments
Haha...been there, done that...wifey did not like my going around twisties on two wheels when we did the run on Memorial Day! Tucker...what do you think? My work schedule frees up a bit after Aug. 9th. So, I'd be up for a run after that. Let's open up discussion to pick a date for the next SATX86 3SIST3RS run. Any suggestions?

8/3 is the TX86 meet in Austin. 8/11 and 9/15 are Autox dates. 8/10 and 9/14 are Coffee & Rides dates. 8/10 is also the Corpus Cupcake Meet. Labor Day is Monday, 9/2. Back to school is likely end of August / first part of Sep. Are there any other events planned in the next couple of months?

I know Nate was willing to get a lens rented for another big photo shoot like we had at the Quarry a while back but, have not seen any further discussion in the last couple of weeks so, no date has been set as far as I know. (He has to get a lens rented ahead of time so, Nate, if you see this, feel free to schedule us a photo shoot...if you are still willing since you no longer have the FR-S!!!! Another nite shoot would be pretty cool but our cars look better in the daylight so maybe a morning sunrise shoot is in order some Saturday or Sunday morning....if consensus is we can all get up early! You da man...we probably just need to decide on a location and then do it. We'd be very grateful to you if you'd plan us another awesome shoot like that Quarry event was!)

I saw Jeremy from Scorpion AD at the Wed. nite meet the other day @ Best Buy and he still wants to plan a park setting BBQ meet sometime soon. Anyone want to suggest a time or place? Maybe we need to do this in conjunction with above photo shoot. Comments???

@autobrz, what date works best for you for the next sisters run? Throw something out and we'll see if it will work for most everyone. Thanks for ramrodding us to get a date set so ppl can make plans!
Old 07-21-2013, 02:27 AM   #786
autobrz

Drives: Mazda 3
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme86 View Post
@autobrz, what date works best for you for the next sisters run? Throw something out and we'll see if it will work for most everyone. Thanks for ramrodding us to get a date set so ppl can make plans!
lol... you're welcome. Thanks for being so accommodating. I'm gonna throw out Sep 7 or Sep 8. My dates are also a little flexible but let's see how those work for everyone.
autobrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #787
Extreme86
Live Free, Drive Hard

Garage
Sep. 7th would work for me.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #788
dpgdave

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I'm in for Sept 7. Thanks John for posting dates on upcoming coffee and rides & autox. Will you be doing the AutoX?
A couple more ideas for events:
1. how about another group dyno day? I know a lot of guys have been modding and it would be cool to see where we're at on the power band.
2. Harris Hill in San Marcus has a one day racing school. We could probably get group deal. Would anyone be interested?
dpgdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #789
TEWwild

Drives: 2015 Ultramarine FR-S MT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpgdave View Post
I'm in for Sept 7. Thanks John for posting dates on upcoming coffee and rides & autox. Will you be doing the AutoX?
1. how about another group dyno day? I know a lot of guys have been modding and it would be cool to see where we're at on the power band.
2. Harris Hill in San Marcus has a one day racing school. We could probably get group deal. Would anyone be interested?
I'm up for Sept 7th as well but would prefer the 8th due to being on night shift again that Friday...

Definitely interested in the racing school idea, been thinking about doing that anyways!!!
TEWwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:40 AM   #790
autobrz

Drives: Mazda 3
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
also interested in racing school

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
autobrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #791
Extreme86
Live Free, Drive Hard

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpgdave View Post
I missed the last Lone Star Dyno Day at Spring Branch! Pretty sure we can get Terry to give us a deal if we get a group together again. Back in May they were charging $60 for three runs according to a post on Facebook. Not bad. TEWwild was there and kicked a$$ with his TRD mods w/o any tune. Tim, what did you think of Lone Star?

Yep. A $250 class at Harris Hill is more feasible than a membership there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobrz View Post
also interested in racing school
Dittos. I bet we can get a half dozen or more of us seriously interested!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEWwild View Post
I'm up for Sept 7th as well but would prefer the 8th due to being on night shift again that Friday...

Definitely interested in the racing school idea, been thinking about doing that anyways!!!
Sundays I have duties on an A/V production crew. Typically off every 4th Sunday but, schedule is not out for September yet. At this point, I'd be a "maybe" if it was on a Sunday.

The Harris Hill driving school @ $250 includes some classroom instruction followed by three sessions on the track with the final one being 25 minutes of solo hot lap time. About an hour and 10 minutes of track time total.

When would we want to do this? October? Next Spring? Suppose we'd have to find out when they have slots open for a group and how many of us there would be (4, so far!). I'd like to drive up there just to check it out sometime. Maybe after Coffee and Rides on Aug. 10th? Any takers to go with if I do? I'm hoping they'd give me a free sample!!!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #792
OVR_RUN
Decepticon

Drives: 2009 Pontiac Vibe GT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Haha...been there, done that...wifey did not like my going around twisties on two wheels when we did the run on Memorial Day! Tucker...what do you think? My work schedule frees up a bit after Aug. 9th. So, I'd be up for a run after that. Let's open up discussion to pick a date for the next SATX86 3SIST3RS run. Any suggestions?

8/3 is the TX86 meet in Austin. 8/11 and 9/15 are Autox dates. 8/10 and 9/14 are Coffee & Rides dates. 8/10 is also the Corpus Cupcake Meet. Labor Day is Monday, 9/2. Back to school is likely end of August / first part of Sep. Are there any other events planned in the next couple of months?

I know Nate was willing to get a lens rented for another big photo shoot like we had at the Quarry a while back but, have not seen any further discussion in the last couple of weeks so, no date has been set as far as I know. (He has to get a lens rented ahead of time so, Nate, if you see this, feel free to schedule us a photo shoot...if you are still willing since you no longer have the FR-S!!!! Another nite shoot would be pretty cool but our cars look better in the daylight so maybe a morning sunrise shoot is in order some Saturday or Sunday morning....if consensus is we can all get up early! You da man...we probably just need to decide on a location and then do it. We'd be very grateful to you if you'd plan us another awesome shoot like that Quarry event was!)

I saw Jeremy from Scorpion AD at the Wed. nite meet the other day @ Best Buy and he still wants to plan a park setting BBQ meet sometime soon. Anyone want to suggest a time or place? Maybe we need to do this in conjunction with above photo shoot. Comments???

ya know if you are looking for a bbq meet place may i suggest Landa Park? (new Braunfuels) they have some nice places and covered patios for bbqing as well as simple parking.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #793
tuckdaddy
Because Racecar

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS
Garage
As of now John i'd be good for the 7th!
tuckdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tuckdaddy For This Useful Post:
Extreme86 (07-23-2013)
Old 07-23-2013, 07:23 PM   #794
TEWwild

Drives: 2015 Ultramarine FR-S MT
Garage
Quote:
I missed the last Lone Star Dyno Day at Spring Branch! Pretty sure we can get Terry to give us a deal if we get a group together again. Back in May they were charging $60 for three runs according to a post on Facebook. Not bad. TEWwild was there and kicked a$$ with his TRD mods w/o any tune. Tim, what did you think of Lone Star?

Yep. A $250 class at Harris Hill is more feasible than a membership there!

Dittos. I bet we can get a half dozen or more of us seriously interested!

Sundays I have duties on an A/V production crew. Typically off every 4th Sunday but, schedule is not out for September yet. At this point, I'd be a "maybe" if it was on a Sunday.

The Harris Hill driving school @ $250 includes some classroom instruction followed by three sessions on the track with the final one being 25 minutes of solo hot lap time. About an hour and 10 minutes of track time total.

When would we want to do this? October? Next Spring? Suppose we'd have to find out when they have slots open for a group and how many of us there would be (4, so far!). I'd like to drive up there just to check it out sometime. Maybe after Coffee and Rides on Aug. 10th? Any takers to go with if I do? I'm hoping they'd give me a free sample!!!!!

Lone Star Dyno was great as far as I can tell, my first experience with a dyno. He seemed to know what he was doing, had a good crew of folks that hooked up the cars, asked us each what RPM we wanted him to top out at etc. He gave us the discount even though we did not meet the advertised minimum of 5, more signed up but only 4 of us showed up on the day.... Everyone got a printout of their run and he even put mine on the USB drive I brought with me. They were also very careful not to scrape bumpers rolling up onto the dyno. @Boosted, you can chime in if I missed anything....

My results, a couple of pic's and a link to a video of one of the runs, we got 3, can be seen here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/album.php?albumid=802

I can/will do Saturday the 7th... I work a rotating schedule so I'm not always on nights, it just seems the timing of these fun runs are hitting when I am....The last Sisters run, the Texas 86 Day in Austin, and now the next Sisters run, well I better get used to it I guess, I'll meet up with you at Buc-ee's on the 3rd and make the Austin run just to make sure, who needs sleep anyways!!

I can't make Coffee and Rides on the 10th because I will be at work that day, we're actually switching to a new schedule on the 5th to work 2 weekends a month because we're building too many trucks to be able to get any of our maintenance done during the week, 12 hr shifts but we only end up working 14 days of a 28 day cycle with a 7 day off stretch every cycle, should be fun getting used to... Let me know how it goes out at Harris Hill if you go, I REALLY want to get my car out on a track, I think that $250 will be money well spent when we do it!!
TEWwild is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TEWwild For This Useful Post:
Extreme86 (07-23-2013)
Old 07-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #795
Extreme86
Live Free, Drive Hard

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVR_RUN View Post
ya know if you are looking for a bbq meet place may i suggest Landa Park? (new Braunfuels) they have some nice places and covered patios for bbqing as well as simple parking.
Yep. Beautiful Park. Been there many times!! The covered areas may require reservations though. When the weather gets a bit cooler we need to set a time and place and just do it.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #796
mRdeMs83

Drives: Argento FR-S 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I'm good with landa.

FR-S Hachiroku
mRdeMs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #797
ktulu7

Drives: 2016 GMC Canyon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
K1 Speed is supposed to open in San Antonio today, on 410 near Ingram. If you haven't been to one, they're pretty sweet indoor go-kart places. The San Antonio FT86ers could meet up there one day too. Just an idea...
ktulu7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ktulu7 For This Useful Post:
Got3n (07-25-2013), mRdeMs83 (07-26-2013)
Old 07-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #798
Got3n
86-75309

Drives: Toyota FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
i will for sure be going!
Got3n is offline   Reply With Quote