follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 01-17-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
chadstyle

Drives: 2013 Subaru BR-Z Limited
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Question about tuning and pedal play..

So far I'm thrilled with the BRZ and enjoy driving it more and more daily but there is something that I don't like and I've heard that a tune helps or possibly solves the issue. Hopefully some of you that have already tuned your cars with Visconti, FA20 club, Perrin, etc.. can verify this for me.

I'm not too happy with the play in the gas pedal. Especially off the line and when blipping the throttle on downshifts. It feels like there's a quarter inch of "dead" pedal feel. I know its drive by wire so I assume its capable of being tuned out and I've read that the tunes improve throttle response. For those of you that have flashed your ECU can you let me know how it feels now compared to stock?
Old 01-17-2013, 11:41 PM   #2
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadstyle View Post
I'm not too happy with the play in the gas pedal. Especially off the line and when blipping the throttle on downshifts. It feels like there's a quarter inch of "dead" pedal feel. I know its drive by wire so I assume its capable of being tuned out and I've read that the tunes improve throttle response. For those of you that have flashed your ECU can you let me know how it feels now compared to stock?
I'd ask in Visconti's thread, but that delayed tip-in can certainly be tuned out. DBC > DBW every day. There's also the traditional JDM solution of a throttle controller.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #3
86BRZ

Drives: BRZ Limited arrived on 9/1/2012
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Not sure if these will help you....

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13734

But I cut a couple pieces of carton paper pedals to thicken or "raise" the touching point about 1/2 inch on the lower part of the pedal, and I found the heel-toe timing and the down shift rhythm much improved. Some say it is already easy for them but I ordered this little aid...waiting to come in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86BRZ View Post
After couple emails to Japanparts.com, it is now on their site for $207.

http://www.japanparts.com/db/partsli...OLKEY=494-001-
Notice the NeoPlot one curve out and lower a little compare to stock besides the extra wing for the heel. Hope this can help.

http://www.plotonline.com/brand/neoplot/lineup04.html#a
86BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
chadstyle

Drives: 2013 Subaru BR-Z Limited
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
I'd ask in Visconti's thread, but that delayed tip-in can certainly be tuned out. DBC > DBW every day. There's also the traditional JDM solution of a throttle controller.
Thanks for the reply. I searched BRZ throttle controller and from the threads I read there the throttle controllers get horrible reviews and the tuning has a table that adjusts the DBW system. I'll just go with the tune and hopefully that gets rid of the slop.