Old 11-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #34
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Insano View Post
Yeah, very possibly could have been what you state or oil like cf6mech thinks. I'm glad we can rule out detonation since nobody really learns anything there except for bad tune and everybody already knows that can destroy any engine no matter how robust. The whole cylinder pressure without det is very interesting topic though (especially with how E85 allows the tune to be so much more aggressive either NA or FI) as I had not thought of that until it was posted up, I just assumed it was det or oil.

If you want to tune it yourself, get help from the community, and also a little help from reputable tuners a solution like this probably would be the way to go:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46468
That is worthless to me personally. Remember OFT is just a "cable". Not a tuning platform or software suite. OFT is actually locked down extensively. I may however start contributing more to the open source guys and start working on a flex fuel setup for that. If you look in the ecuflash thread I have posted in there with trying to contribute with data logging ability. (i have built my own hardware data logger for this car that accepts ECUTek extended parameters). If you are not fully familiar with OFT please go find the OFT thread that was bashing on ecutek (whom im not a fan of either by any means, so dont think im on anyones side). Find my posts in there talking about what OFT really is. At least I think it was in that thread... As there is a number of people confused thinking OFT is a full blown suite for tuning. The developers of OFT use another companies software and literally just make hardware for reading / writing to the ecu. The owners were just kind enough to make some "optimized" base maps as well as an incentive to purchase their hardware. So i can't really "Contribute" to OFT as it is their project and their hardware and it is closed source. OFT is a device similar to the tactrix cable but slightly more advanced, and afaik doesn't follow the J2534 protocol which makes it a "closed" and propriety cable. Although this is of little use to know the difference to most end users since they are just using the OTS tunes provided anyway and aren't actually going to be tuning their cars them selves. However if I do testing on MBT thresholds on different setups that could be used on any platform may it be OFT + TunerPRO, the opensource guys, ecutek, whatever.
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nelsmar For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (11-24-2013)