Old 02-01-2019, 04:04 AM   #546
86MLR

Drives: 2002 VX Commodore SS LS1 Auto
Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Snooze View Post
Did you watch the video 4 posts above yours?
Yeah, but I look more where and who built it, I acknowledge that Toyota did Q&A and were in on the design, as they did when Subaru was building the 86.

My point is I'm happy with the 86 being a mix of Toyota and Subaru because its a cheap car, hell, near on every part and panel on my 86 has Subaru on it, well apart from a few badges, there also has never been a 86, the twins are based of a few different cars.

But the Supra, to me the Supra is way more than your average bang for your buck twin.

It's a all Toyota GT car.

To me it's like if Nissan and BMW made the GTR, it would loose its soul.

Same same for that (edit Fiat spyder, fix it again tony, which is really a MX5, WTF, at least Fiat used their own engine and transmission.

I believe it's all about saving money, Toyota has just tweaked BMW parts and now call it Supra, the engine is tweaked BMW, the trans is BMW, the diff is BMW, suspension, yeap BMW.

Strangely enough I wholly approve of Toyota using Yamaha to design parts.

Well, that's my opinion of things, and you know what they say about opinions.

Hell, I'm sure the thing will be a weapon, just not one I would want though.

I am looking forward to see how the new powertrain handles when people start throwing big boost at it

Last edited by 86MLR; 02-01-2019 at 04:33 AM.
86MLR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 86MLR For This Useful Post:
Captain Snooze (02-01-2019)