Old 06-19-2023, 03:20 PM   #72
DocWalt

Drives: '22 BRZ
Thanked 1,477 Times in 769 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by foshjowler View Post
What makes it hugely uncompetitive? They're the same chassis, but the 2nd gen has less development. Look at last years nationals results. Simmons was the top 2nd gen driver in STR, someone that has been very nationally competitive for a lot of years, would have been hanging out at the bottom of trophies almost 1.5 seconds behind the top STX time. Will that gap close, and the 2nd gen be faster, sure, but it's not pure domination like people seem to think.

Being local to Simmons...

That car was well developed. Doing the tune was really all that was left that would actually make it faster for autocross than it was... and that's not much power or rev limiter.

This move immediately buries the 1st gen, I've been competing with Jon Caserta locally and he is a good deal slower raw time and his car is full tilt STX besides a muffler and STI wing.

So yeah, I am fully in support of just making an STM class and not burying STX, but STAC is too stubborn to just make STM so here we are.

If they were moving the twins/RX-8 to STS right now I'd be more in favor of the move.
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote