View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 04:22 AM   #18
frs_mikey

Drives: White 13 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2/17/2019 | Track Prep!

Made the last minute decision to attend the first 86drive challenge event of the year at Thunder Hill East! I didn't have much to do, but I checked all my fluids, brakes, and tires for starters. I swapped my track pipe & passenger side cover back on today so I don't have to cram everything in Friday night.

I stuck a new helmet visor on that I got from Narita dogfight a few months ago. It's mainly for aesthetics, but it does go a bit lower than the visor that was on it from Zamp. I found this to be my optimal mounting setup for pov footage with my hero 5 session. I tried using a J-hook setup on the lower mount, (seen in cockpit picture) but the angle was too low and only saw up to the dash. Setting it any higher would block my vision, so I went back to my top mount setup.

Earlier in the week, I picked up another stock tow hook from someone parting out their car. Then I proceeded to add some rice power to "make them easier to spot for tow truck operators." The picture was taken between coats after I let the first 2 dry over night, but the last didn't come out too clean. It was started raining while I was spraying the last coat, so I guess moisture got into it and it bubbled up.

frs_mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to frs_mikey For This Useful Post:
Lococholo84 (02-18-2019)