Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,999 Times in 2,155 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by totopo View Post
the thing is, driver skill is the biggest determinant of track times. When you get to the pro level, especially pros that win, they are all able to squeeze out like >99% out of the cars so the variance between pros isn't that great. Even then the lap times can vary from test to test on different days by like a second.

So is a 2 second difference significant? I don't know. I don't know anything about the drivers. Maybe one is 3 seconds slower than the other. Maybe one doesn't drive that type of car well. Maybe they had a bad day. Professional car driver reviewers regularly beat the "magazine" lap times by 5 seconds or sometimes more, so 2 seconds isn't that big a difference when you take into account driver skill.

The 2 tests were also on different years.

also no one can really verify cause no one else runs that stupid vir grand east course config.
Considering that we all drive a reportedly slow car, I doubt any of us care. Caranddriver does a great job of explaining how the cars actually are. Overall they're the best in the business. Jason cammisa is the best, but he's the only good writer at motor trend. I do miss the casba csere days of c and d.
EAGLE5 is offline   Reply With Quote