View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 01:45 AM   #449
nzer

Drives: 2012 Grey TRD GT86, 2015 VW Golf R
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well @Narcoden and @2forme you gave me the confidence to give it a go and holy cr*p batman it all went really well!

Unbelievably the T7109A http://www.tradesolution.hk/e/ptxweb...duct/1274.html is an EXACT fit - same width and height. Simply swapped the OEM mounts on the sides over (same screw holes) and it fitted perfectly - no changes to bezel or head unit. Put it all back together and photos below of fitted unit, USB hub I put in glove box and minor issue around connections I need some guidance on.

Turned it on and I have sound etc as well as picture and DVD plays AOK as does music from USB. Haven't yet tried bluetooth and haven't rooted it yet!
@2forme - should I try your files to root it? They did say the units were the same internally.

I only have one issue and that is one of the mail plugs in the dash that was in the original head unit does not match the female sockets on the rear of the T7019A. I think they control the rear speakers as don't think I have sound in the rear but hopefully PLEASE one of you will tell me what I need to do. I have posted below photos of the male plug, the female sockets and the connectors (incl ipod female plug to connect to ipod cable that came with it) that I can't use yet as can't connect them.

Also, don't have an antenna adapter yet.

This has worked out better than I could have hoped - fingers crossed for rooting it. I am pretty pleased with myself as I usually screw this stuff up. Didn't even scratch or damage the dash trims - I did go and buy a dash trim removal tool as I was worried about scratches.

I haven't played with it much yet (kids have played angry birds and played DVDs) but for fitment it is PERFECT.

Seems to be capacitive as I can pinch zoom in and out when kids playing angry birds - is a pinch zoom how you tell?

Fitment below

USB Hub

Male plug that won't fit unit

Female sockets on back of unit

Connectors not used incl ipod and a hole heap of RCAs