View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 08:12 AM   #4
chadstyle

Drives: 2013 Subaru BR-Z Limited
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
I was just talking to Perrin yesterday about purchasing a license and cable and tune. FA20 club has some great deals down here as well...

This is what I've noticed after being back in South Florida for the last year..our heat and humidity sucks and robs us of power on these small motors. It's amazing how much more crisp and clean the engine pulls on a cool day or night with less humidity than on our standard 80-85 degree days with 90 percent humidity. On the cool days (few and far between) the car feels great and makes me question my need for FI. On a hot and humid day I feel like the car is having a hard time pulling its own weight. After living in SoCal for the last 10 years near the beach in Orange County I guess I'm spoiled. The 60-70 degree temps and low humidity kept all my cars running great.

I've been holding off on the tune as I have the rest of my exhaust on order (header and Catback..front pipe and Overpipe are already installed) and I also am waiting on the Perrin intake. I think it makes more sense to have everything installed then tune and dial it all in...until the FI is decided upon but that's a few months out at least right now.

For others in South Florida..am I crazy or do you notice a big difference when the temps drop?