Old 01-24-2019, 01:29 PM   #99
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,543 Times in 2,948 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
Maybe Clash0901 just read the title of the video and assumed "all motor k24 on pump e85" meant stock k24 on pump gas or on e85, in which case, he was right in his statements. He probably wasn't thinking this was a built motor with 16:1 compression, high flow head, ITB's or any other crazy configuration.

I posted the same link earlier in this thread, just fwi. That article shows a build that costs $10-15k+ for just the block and head. Add some titanium bits, dry sump, forged crank, etc and this engine is north of $20k. See below:

http://www.4pistonracing.com/k24-480...omplete-engine

Ashikabi and I weren't suggesting the K24 wasn't the better platform for power. Perhaps throwing $20k into the FA20 motor wouldn't produce the same results, but it sounds like all the guy was asking for is 220whp. Clearly a 2.4L stock K-series motor will outperform the FA20, but this swap kit seems silly considering the cost versus the goal power. All he really needs is motor mounts from Pure and some tid bits. He wouldn't need a custom wiring harness that integrates with a Motec system and the stock wiring system, so that all stock features are usable. That is all we were saying.

@Icecreamtruk ...How did you settle on the K24? Have you considered the 2JZGE motor? 225hp/220tq stock. Obviously reliable. Definitely upgradable. Too heavy?
Agreed. He mentioned weight a couple times so I'm sure that's why the 2jz and LS are out. I understand the desire for a drop in system but I kinda thought the necessary parts already existed. I get that he's waiting to blow his current motor up but really just selling it while functional would probably be more prudent.

I don't want to argue with anyone, just seemed like he's waiting for an "expensive" kit with a bunch of features he doesn't want when he can do the swap right now for maybe a couple grand on top of the motor. Taking the CAN electronics out of the picture makes this whole thing so simple
Ashikabi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashikabi For This Useful Post:
Icecreamtruk (01-24-2019), Irace86.2.0 (01-24-2019)