Old 12-23-2014, 12:55 PM   #8
BlackMonarch

Drives: Red BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisdrgn View Post
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27813

You are welcome. I have seen some other installation instructions, they look crazy complicated and involve wiring that goes under the car / bumper off. Crazy.

That steps I followed are much simpler, the hardest part was getting the red power wire into the cabin and wired up with the cigarette lighter. That was a b*t*h.

*EDIT* looks like it's not an exact clone because that doesn't have a blue wire. Meh. At least now you know who else sells a similar product with a better feature set. If it is important to you, I think some of the clones have reflectors that direct the light perpendicular to the strip. Since the strips will be diagonal when installed, that means you will be shining sideways instead of forward. You will want to look closely at the reflectors and position of the LED - it should look like they are "crooked" in the strip, but they are actually pointed straight forward once installed on the car.

*disclaimer* I have F-T's kit and it is awesome.
You know now that I look at it... Instructions mention a blue wire to have them "blink w/ turn signals" - There's nothing blue on the harness at all.

You sir have led to this:

Last edited by BlackMonarch; 12-23-2014 at 04:29 PM.
BlackMonarch is offline   Reply With Quote