Old 10-15-2014, 11:55 PM   #6
EAGLE5
Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,999 Times in 2,155 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
The Taco doesn't have the GVWR I need for a business write-off. Otherwise, I'd go for it. The Tundra does.

I'd like to tow a car now and then. If this drought continues, I'll need to haul water a couple times a week. Assuming I get a 2000lbs trailer with a 9999lbs weight rating, that would let me haul about 900 gallons at a go. The trailer of that strength would likely be heavier, of course. I may haul rented heavy equipment now and then. Being able to make serious home depot runs would be awesome. Garbage runs to the dump and green waste company. Oh yeah!

Then of course 2 kids in the back. Maybe going out to dinner with 2 kids in the middle seats, and my parents and wife in the other seats. Possibly camping. Maybe even buy a bumper-tow camper. Nothing too big, maybe a 14-footer.

And then around town driving now and then. So a real mix. Consumer reports makes Ford, Chevy, and Dodge look ok to terrible while the Toyota looks pretty good. It is an American made truck, which I like. I had a Neon years ago. POS. I don't trust Dodge. My grandma's Pontiac caught on fire. No thanks GM. I had a BMW, so I know what it's like to sit in a repair waiting room for hours on end. No thanks.

And the Nissan supposedly has crappy reliability.

I'm not certain of the Tundra, but I'm certainly leaning towards getting an SR double-cab 2wd with the 5.7L and 8-foot bed.

Last edited by EAGLE5; 10-16-2014 at 02:17 AM.
EAGLE5 is offline   Reply With Quote