follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 03-07-2014, 08:56 PM   #1
Crazy Drew

Drives: Smells like tires when I drive
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Drew's DD wannabe track car

After reading a bunch of these threads I guess it's time for me to make one as well. It's probably a little early in the process as everything is still in the shippers hands at this point but things are going to move quick.

I picked up my '14 6mt back in late October of last year after stopping in to a Scion dealer at a whim. I had been working for several years designing my own car from scratch and when discussing the progress with a close friend he mentioned the FRS/BRZ twins to me. Honestly about 6 years ago I totally dismissed the auto industry after becoming bored with everything available on the market that didn't require me winning the lottery to purchase. Quite a bit of what I had been sketching/drawing/rendering was very similar to the twins and obviously, I fell in love.

I'm not going to go too much into detail but over the years I've come to develop an interesting taste in cars and tasteful mods. I'm sure it'll all come out on this car.

As the car currently sits it's only got DD 6k HID's with bent squirrel finders and Tom's tail lights.

And current mods (in red are being shipped/arranged for pickup right now):
Greddy SP Elite
Tom's Tails
CSG FLA
IRP Shifter
ARP Extended Studs
17x9 TC105n's with 245/40 PSS

Next round of mods:
Some kind of brake caliper and rotor upgrade
Cooling Upgrades
Tomei 60R
Tomei Ti front pipe
ACE 350A header
Tune

And I really need to start saving for a turbo to be installed the day the warranty is out on the car.

Not too many pics for now, y'all know what a stock twin look like. I threw my tails in yesterday after becoming disgusted every time I looked at the factory ones. Yep, the car is super dirty, this happened between weekly washes.

Last edited by Crazy Drew; 07-22-2018 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Update
Crazy Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:15 PM   #2
raven1231

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S, 2016 DGM WRX
Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,667 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Welcome bud! Toms look good
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:48 PM   #3
Crazy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven1231 View Post
Welcome bud! Toms look good
Thanks!

Minor update because I'm bored.

BC Extreme low's came in as well as a Greddy SP Elite axle back and some toe plates so I can align the car. None of the shops around me that I trust have the equipment to get a super low car on the alignment rack or they want an excessive amount of money to do an alignment. Wheels should be here in a couple days and I'll install in a couple weeks when I'm on vacation.

More crappy cell phone shots. Will do a full photoshoot after I install coilovers and wheels.

Old 07-22-2018, 12:32 AM   #4
Crazy Drew

Minor update/soft re-start. It's been a LONG time since I've been on the forums. Moved across the country a couple times, sold off some of my parts to help alleviate the financial burden. Still have my Tom's tails and Greddy SP Elite, but otherwise stock. Nailed every maintenance interval with dealerships, so at least it's well maintained and still fairly low mileage (55,000) for its age.

Got hardcore into full blown custom r/c cars for a while, but got bored. Selling off all of my stuff and dumping it into the car. Feels good to be back into real cars. Direction of the car is changing. Originally wanted a good looking street car with no care in performance, 100% opposite direction now.

New parts in hand, or on the way;
IRP V3 Shifter
CSG FLA's
SPC toe links (would get something without bushings, but eh, everything else still has them for now)
SPL eccentric lockouts for toe links
Low use TC105n's and 245/40-17 PSS's from a forum member, looking at other tires but these will work for now

ARP extended wheel studs
Muteki steel lug nuts (Meh? played with them for the first time, realize why they're cheap now)

Update planned in a couple weeks to include real pics.

Found this pic after I bought the wheels, no idea who it belongs to, but it's damn good looking. Some inspiration for the build.

Next round of mods to include - Cooling, brake, and aero upgrades
Old 07-22-2018, 01:50 AM   #5
Kiibiiin

Drives: 2018 86 Steel / 97 MX-5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
cant go wrong with raven nice car