follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 03-03-2022, 10:36 PM   #253
Xed32

Drives: '22 brz Sport-Tech
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So you change lanes without your turn signal and turn corners and into parking lots from the main without indicating and no one behind you has an issue?
Xed32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 10:41 PM   #254
Xed32

Wait, I'm not even going to bother thinking you are saying a non-working turn signal is fine, on a brand new car. Anyways. I've turned off that new two kinds of signal option and am seeing if that is the issue. So far it is now normal again and the lights are turning on when the turn signal is used without the quick blinking inside the car. We'll see if that changes anything. Apparently some dealerships are able to "fix" the issue, but haven't said what they have done.
Old 03-04-2022, 10:30 AM   #255
DocWalt

Drives: '22 BRZ
Thanked 1,455 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xed32 View Post
Wait, I'm not even going to bother thinking you are saying a non-working turn signal is fine, on a brand new car. Anyways. I've turned off that new two kinds of signal option and am seeing if that is the issue. So far it is now normal again and the lights are turning on when the turn signal is used without the quick blinking inside the car. We'll see if that changes anything. Apparently some dealerships are able to "fix" the issue, but haven't said what they have done.
What's that option?
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 10:52 AM   #256
Desertnate
Spelling Impaired

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited WR Blue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I've found I'm able to get the blinkers to hyper blink at or not at will based on the way I operate the blinkers. For my car it all depends on how quickly I move the blinker stalk. When I flick it quickly it will hyperblink. If I move it slower and more deliberately, it doesn't. This goes both for the three blink lane change or a full activation for something like a turn at an intersection or going into a parking lot.

Good to know it doesn't light up outside the car when hyper-blinking.
Desertnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 12:39 PM   #257
Xed32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
What's that option?
The "three blink lane change" thing. It's in the car settings in the radio. That said, I am going to watch it for a few days to see if things are all good now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Xed32 For This Useful Post:
DocWalt (03-04-2022)
Old 03-04-2022, 05:33 PM   #258
SpectreRT

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
ok, i'm just going to say it. how in the hell does a little blinking light prevent this scenario?

sounds like you're blaming something mechanical for your terrible driving skills.

maybe leave extra space and don't switch lanes into faster-moving traffic while going slower?

i've never had this problem in chicago traffic, and 3/4's of the other drivers don't even bother using their signals...
Not entirely a fair comment. Here is my example:
- Was merging into the turn lane to exit the interstate. Hit the blinker to go right (Hyperflash started, so no signal for the unmarked cop behind me). Officer was accelerating to (I assume) scan someone's plate or just to get somewhere faster. I had plenty of room when I started to merge (no orange warning from the right mirror area) and from my obvious checking; officer figured I was "cutting him off." He considered that "dangerous driving" and pulled me.

My effort to communicate with my signal failed due to the hyperflash. I was driving safe and almost got rear ended (or a ticket, dashcam and prior video evidence saved me basically). This is a serious issue.
SpectreRT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SpectreRT For This Useful Post:
Xed32 (03-04-2022)
Old 03-04-2022, 08:55 PM   #259
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,661 Times in 6,778 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
So you change lanes without your turn signal and turn corners and into parking lots from the main without indicating and no one behind you has an issue?
i'm anal retentive about using my signal everywhere because i grew up with my dad not ever using it. but a large portion of chicagoland doesn't bother. hell a good 1/4 of the vehicles on the road don't always have functional brake lights...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreRT View Post
Not entirely a fair comment. Here is my example:
- Was merging into the turn lane to exit the interstate. Hit the blinker to go right (Hyperflash started, so no signal for the unmarked cop behind me). Officer was accelerating to (I assume) scan someone's plate or just to get somewhere faster. I had plenty of room when I started to merge (no orange warning from the right mirror area) and from my obvious checking; officer figured I was "cutting him off." He considered that "dangerous driving" and pulled me.

My effort to communicate with my signal failed due to the hyperflash. I was driving safe and almost got rear ended (or a ticket, dashcam and prior video evidence saved me basically). This is a serious issue.
lol, relying on the BSM to tell you when it's safe to merge.. don't they make shiny reflective glass for that purpose? it's an asshat move to merge into faster moving traffic while traveling slower, and a BSM is never going to indicate that, blinker or not.

but let's put a different spin on this. will you both agree with me in this thread than that i should've sued the tire manufacturer for my first accident given that their tires caused it?

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...=147316&page=2
https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...4&postcount=17

they hung me up for dead with that thread. it's all my fault that i didn't account for a vehicle deficiency. so now i'm just following the rules of the forum. if it's my fault for buying a used car with unknown quality tires, and then crashing because i expected better grip from my tires, it's going to be both your faults for not leaving extra space and signaling earlier to account for a vehicle deficit.

tldr: it can't be the vehicles fault, it's always the drivers fault for not properly assessing and accounting for all situations.
Old 03-04-2022, 10:58 PM   #260
SpectreRT

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
i'm anal retentive about using my signal everywhere because i grew up with my dad not ever using it. but a large portion of chicagoland doesn't bother. hell a good 1/4 of the vehicles on the road don't always have functional brake lights...

lol, relying on the BSM to tell you when it's safe to merge.. don't they make shiny reflective glass for that purpose? it's an asshat move to merge into faster moving traffic while traveling slower, and a BSM is never going to indicate that, blinker or not.

but let's put a different spin on this. will you both agree with me in this thread than that i should've sued the tire manufacturer for my first accident given that their tires caused it?

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...=147316&page=2
https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...4&postcount=17

they hung me up for dead with that thread. it's all my fault that i didn't account for a vehicle deficiency. so now i'm just following the rules of the forum. if it's my fault for buying a used car with unknown quality tires, and then crashing because i expected better grip from my tires, it's going to be both your faults for not leaving extra space and signaling earlier to account for a vehicle deficit.

tldr: it can't be the vehicles fault, it's always the drivers fault for not properly assessing and accounting for all situations.
I dont think you read my comment. Not only did I check the mirror; but the amber indicator was also off. Thus meaning; yes I looked myself and did not rely on the indicator. As I mentioned, I saw I had room to merge. The officer in this situation started speeding up because he had no knowledge I was merging (indicators didnt function).
SpectreRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 12:35 PM   #261
Xed32

Okay, looks like turning off the "three blink lane change" fixes the hyper blinking. At least so far *knock on wood*.
Old 03-07-2022, 11:33 PM   #262
MyHybridBurnsGasAndTires

Drives: what
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
i turned it off about two months ago and it reduced my frustration about the poor design of the turn stalk
MyHybridBurnsGasAndTires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 10:31 AM   #263
suhhh

Drives: 2022 WRB Limited 6 Speed
Lately been having more and more trouble with my carplay disconnecting..

I thought the infotainment was bad with my 2020 Civic Si but with the BRZ I'm facing constant disconnects if the wire is touched in any way
suhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 10:34 AM   #264
CincyJohn

Drives: 2022 MT Neptune GR86 Prem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhhh View Post
Lately been having more and more trouble with my carplay disconnecting..

I thought the infotainment was bad with my 2020 Civic Si but with the BRZ I'm facing constant disconnects if the wire is touched in any way
In my Gen1, I had that issue and realized it was the lightning connector on my Iphone. I realized the the phone slot in the cupholder was so deep the connector rested on the ledge when attached and was a huge problem. I made a styrofoam insert for the well so that the phone sat up high enough and that fixed the problem.
CincyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 08:39 PM   #265
Xed32

So.....hyper-flashing still occurring intermittently. Disabling the quick touch lane change did not fix it. Oh well. Hopefully a recall soon.
Old 03-08-2022, 09:23 PM   #266
mr.whiskers

Drives: '22 BRZ
I had hyperflashing couple of times on really cold days. Havent had it happen for weeks tho (fingers crossed)
mr.whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote