follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 04-28-2022, 09:40 PM   #2759
TommyW

Drives: '13 Whiteout
Thanked 1,242 Times in 673 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Aren’t we on to Ukraine and Twitter now?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TommyW For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (04-29-2022), Lantanafrs2 (04-29-2022), p1l0t (04-28-2022)
Old 04-28-2022, 10:57 PM   #2760
TylerLieberman

Drives: '20 Hakone 86
Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,572 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyW View Post
Aren’t we on to Ukraine and Twitter now?
And Johnny Depp too/Megan Heard. Don't forget about that.

Nobody gives a shit about Covid anymore. The political gain from it is done. Just in time for people to back pedal and change positions for mid terms this year too. It's been a laugh to watch it all unfold over the last 6 months or so too. It's like right as the nationwide poll numbers started dropping exponentially, people were like "ohhhh hold on, we don't need all these restrictions anymore".

Luckily, those of you who still want to wear your mask have the ability and right to do so, if you choose.

People should spend less time on the couch watching TV and reading news sites that just regurgitate the same bullshit within their own established echo chamber and go do something more productive with their lives. That includes people of any/every political preference, affiliation, or whatever. CNN, Fox, MSNBC, 700 Club, blah blah blah. They're all shit, and continue to profit off you all staring at them and getting your feathers rustled, and then yelling at strangers on the internet with your free time.

I peak in here every now and then just to get a laugh at the fact people are still going back and forth, and then carry on.

Still working at the same facility with trach/vent patients. No positive staff or patients for like 2 months now? Census has been relatively low, mostly to adjust for the staffing shortages that everybody's experiencing. We got a lot of travel RTs paid for by the state for a couple months but they're leaving soon too. A few are staying though; I guess they really liked it and were given good offers.

Still short on CNAs/Nursing staff. We're kind of short too on the Therapy side, but we make due and just work longer days. I had 21 patients on my list today, but I'm lucky to have a student who's approaching the end of their final rotation with me, and so we're able to get through the caseload quite a bit quicker. Without a student and on a normal day, I'm typically seeing 12-16 patients, which equates to a typical 8-10hr day on my own.

I'll take it. I have things to buy, and inflation continues to go up so I just gotta work more now lol. But at least I got my $1,200 stimmy though, am I right?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
86TOYO2k17 (04-28-2022), funwheeldrive (04-29-2022), Lantanafrs2 (04-29-2022), p1l0t (04-28-2022)
Old 04-29-2022, 02:01 AM   #2761
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,796 Times in 16,418 Posts
Mentioned: 707 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Thank you once again for stepping in to express precisely what I have many times tried and failed to do so myself. It's too painful to read expressions filled with such contempt for others. I get too worked up over it.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (04-29-2022), Ultramaroon (04-29-2022)
Old 04-29-2022, 02:12 AM   #2762
dpfarr

Drives: BRZ ts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
What is your claim or argument?

That you think if 100% of people in the country got vaccinated as soon as they where eligible and it was physically available for everyone that no mutation would take place?

You think everyone had access to it simultaneously on day one?
I chose my words. I used inhibitory.

Quote:

FDA approves emergency use starting dec 11 2020 for specific people starting the slow phase roll out process. April 19 2021 all American adults are eligible or approx 78% of population. Eligibility vs accessibility is another story as many people attempted and where unable until sometime later as demand was too great. Now imagine if demand at the time was drastically higher… but even based on eligibility it was a 5month roll out. During which time the virus had mutated dozens of times.

“COVID-19 mutates approximately every 11-15 days”

As of april 2021 “coronavirus currently has 12,700 identified mutations, 12 main types of the virus (identified as 19 A, the original type, through 20 J), five strains and almost 4000 variants”

There where also a handful of “variants of interest” or “variants of concern” that popped up very late 2020 or early 2021. During the vaccine rollout.

It was literally mutating and having new variants the entire time… regardless or peoples willingness or support it was already mutating regardless.
Like I requested, if you’re able to explain those mutations. What structures changed and what the resulting function is, I’m all eyes.
I’ve a cursory understanding of it so I’m sure I’ll be able to follow along when you’re pointing out which residues are a result of carryover and which are novel.
Old 04-29-2022, 06:18 AM   #2763
Lantanafrs2

Drives: 2013 frs red
Thanked 3,088 Times in 1,654 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Covid and oil prices are great for controlling the masses. Drive your ev with a rainbow colored mask on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lantanafrs2 For This Useful Post:
86TOYO2k17 (04-29-2022), funwheeldrive (04-29-2022)
Old 04-29-2022, 07:53 AM   #2764
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpfarr View Post
I chose my words. I used inhibitory.

Like I requested, if you’re able to explain those mutations. What structures changed and what the resulting function is, I’m all eyes.
I’ve a cursory understanding of it so I’m sure I’ll be able to follow along when you’re pointing out which residues are a result of carryover and which are novel.
Lol, so you can’t argue a single point i made or data point I provided?

You seem like the type of person that loves to attempt to use the The credentials fallacy. No point in humoring an argument based on a fallacy.

Last edited by 86TOYO2k17; 04-29-2022 at 08:40 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 86TOYO2k17 For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (04-29-2022)
Old 04-29-2022, 10:18 AM   #2765
TommyW

Drives: '13 Whiteout
Thanked 1,242 Times in 673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerLieberman View Post
And Johnny Depp too/Megan Heard. Don't forget about that.

Nobody gives a shit about Covid anymore. The political gain from it is done. Just in time for people to back pedal and change positions for mid terms this year too. It's been a laugh to watch it all unfold over the last 6 months or so too. It's like right as the nationwide poll numbers started dropping exponentially, people were like "ohhhh hold on, we don't need all these restrictions anymore".

Luckily, those of you who still want to wear your mask have the ability and right to do so, if you choose.

People should spend less time on the couch watching TV and reading news sites that just regurgitate the same bullshit within their own established echo chamber and go do something more productive with their lives. That includes people of any/every political preference, affiliation, or whatever. CNN, Fox, MSNBC, 700 Club, blah blah blah. They're all shit, and continue to profit off you all staring at them and getting your feathers rustled, and then yelling at strangers on the internet with your free time.

I peak in here every now and then just to get a laugh at the fact people are still going back and forth, and then carry on.

Still working at the same facility with trach/vent patients. No positive staff or patients for like 2 months now? Census has been relatively low, mostly to adjust for the staffing shortages that everybody's experiencing. We got a lot of travel RTs paid for by the state for a couple months but they're leaving soon too. A few are staying though; I guess they really liked it and were given good offers.

Still short on CNAs/Nursing staff. We're kind of short too on the Therapy side, but we make due and just work longer days. I had 21 patients on my list today, but I'm lucky to have a student who's approaching the end of their final rotation with me, and so we're able to get through the caseload quite a bit quicker. Without a student and on a normal day, I'm typically seeing 12-16 patients, which equates to a typical 8-10hr day on my own.

I'll take it. I have things to buy, and inflation continues to go up so I just gotta work more now lol. But at least I got my $1,200 stimmy though, am I right?
Your 1200.00 stimmy will cost you 10x that with the inflation it helped create.
The Following User Says Thank You to TommyW For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (04-29-2022)
Old 04-29-2022, 10:42 AM   #2766
Capt Spaulding
Persona Non Grata

Drives: '15 BRZ (WRB)
Thanked 2,780 Times in 1,200 Posts
I suspect quite strongly that this is another of those cases where "what people are mad at is not what they are mad at." Despite hiccups and quickly changing conditions at times, the science related to the virus has developed fairly evenly. The demonization of the vaccine, various CDC officials and Covid19 policy in general is the result of other factors.

The first is toxic individualism. People, particularly in the US are incredibly self absorbed. Everything revolves around them as individuals. This is a problem for social cohesion in the best of times. Pandemics are not the best of times nor are they individual problems. They are challenges to the species as a whole and are probably the most collective of collective problems. To confront them successfully requires an intensely collective response. We in the US are ill equipped to mount collective responses to just about anything. Why? Toxic individualism.

This made worse by the actions of "policy entrepreneurs." The best way to think about them is as people who have a solution and are in search of a problem to which they can apply it. The anti-vaccine movement in the US is one example. They have been on a crusade for decades to subvert vaccination as a public health measure. Some of them actually believe what they say, but many are simply opportunists looking for a place to make a name for themselves.

The toxic individualism in the US, and to a lesser extent elsewhere provided a fertile medium for the anti-public health message to flourish. As a natural experiment, I'm sure social scientists will find it very interesting. I imagine a number of dissertations will be written over the next 15 years focusing on just how and why we fucked this up. That doesn't help the poor bastards who died or have been invalided as a result. And that is the most painful part.
humfrz (04-30-2022), soundman98 (04-29-2022)
Old 04-29-2022, 11:25 AM   #2767
p1l0t

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Thanked 9,371 Times in 4,813 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Spaulding View Post
I suspect quite strongly that this is another of those cases where "what people are mad at is not what they are mad at." Despite hiccups and quickly changing conditions at times, the science related to the virus has developed fairly evenly. The demonization of the vaccine, various CDC officials and Covid19 policy in general is the result of other factors.

The first is toxic individualism. People, particularly in the US are incredibly self absorbed. Everything revolves around them as individuals. This is a problem for social cohesion in the best of times. Pandemics are not the best of times nor are they individual problems. They are challenges to the species as a whole and are probably the most collective of collective problems. To confront them successfully requires an intensely collective response. We in the US are ill equipped to mount collective responses to just about anything. Why? Toxic individualism.

This made worse by the actions of "policy entrepreneurs." The best way to think about them is as people who have a solution and are in search of a problem to which they can apply it. The anti-vaccine movement in the US is one example. They have been on a crusade for decades to subvert vaccination as a public health measure. Some of them actually believe what they say, but many are simply opportunists looking for a place to make a name for themselves.

The toxic individualism in the US, and to a lesser extent elsewhere provided a fertile medium for the anti-public health message to flourish. As a natural experiment, I'm sure social scientists will find it very interesting. I imagine a number of dissertations will be written over the next 15 years focusing on just how and why we fucked this up. That doesn't help the poor bastards who died or have been invalided as a result. And that is the most painful part.
"toxic individualism" but you know 2 shots and a booster don't stop you from getting or spreading and the people dying from it have multiple other risk factors but since I got the shot you have to... nothing toxic about that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to p1l0t For This Useful Post:
86TOYO2k17 (04-29-2022)
Old 04-29-2022, 11:26 AM   #2768
WolfpackS2k

Drives: '12 C63 P31, '23 GRC
Thanked 2,072 Times in 1,185 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Cool

It's Amber Heard, not Megan.

And I've been living and doing whatever I want (back to normal) for well over a year at this point. If others (friends/family) have been afraid to, that's okay, but it's also their loss.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WolfpackS2k For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (04-30-2022), p1l0t (04-29-2022)
Old 04-29-2022, 12:25 PM   #2769
dpfarr

Quote:
Lol, so you can’t argue a single point i made or data point I provided?

You seem like the type of person that loves to attempt to use the The credentials fallacy. No point in humoring an argument based on a fallacy.
Cool. So your position is, the mutation rate could not be curtailed with vaccine adherence. Furthermore, that the genomic differences are all significant?
Old 04-29-2022, 03:24 PM   #2770
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpfarr View Post
Cool. So your position is, the mutation rate could not be curtailed with vaccine adherence. Furthermore, that the genomic differences are all significant?
Original statement he made was along the lines of - because people did not get vaccinated the virus mutated, implying if people got vaccinated it would not have mutated.

My counter argument was, even with 100% adherence from everyone in the USA it was going to mutate regardless.

I then followed up with plenty of reasons and data to validate this statement.

I fail to see how anything your saying or have been saying in the last few posts is either A relevant, or B pertains to the discussion you where jumping into.

I never once claimed vaccines wouldn't alter or slowdown the mutation rate, or significance the mutations.
The original claim was not alter or slow down. The original claim made was, if everyone was vaccinated it would have stopped mutation. Which I disagreed and provided counter argument too.

It helps to actually know what the discussion is actually about before jumping in. and it also helps when your entire argument isn't based on fallacies.

Also to touch on one of your points or "questions" , I already mentioned

"There where also a handful of “variants of interest” or “variants of concern” that popped up very late 2020 or early 2021. During the vaccine rollout."
The Following User Says Thank You to 86TOYO2k17 For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (04-29-2022)
Old 04-29-2022, 03:25 PM   #2771
p1l0t

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Thanked 9,371 Times in 4,813 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Original statement was because people did not get vaccinated the virus mutated, implying if people got vaccinated it would not have mutated.

My counter argument was, even with 100% adherence from everyone in the USA it was going to mutate regardless.

I fail to see how anything your saying or have been saying in the last few posts is either A relevant, or B pertains to the discussion you where jumping into.

Also to touch on one of your points, I already mentioned

"There where also a handful of “variants of interest” or “variants of concern” that popped up very late 2020 or early 2021. During the vaccine rollout."
It's only "science" if it fits the narrative.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to p1l0t For This Useful Post:
86TOYO2k17 (04-30-2022), funwheeldrive (04-30-2022), Lantanafrs2 (04-29-2022), TylerLieberman (04-29-2022)
Old 04-29-2022, 07:23 PM   #2772
dpfarr

Quote:
Original statement he made was along the lines of - because people did not get vaccinated the virus mutated, implying if people got vaccinated it would not have mutated.

I never once claimed vaccines wouldn't alter or slowdown the mutation rate, or significance the mutations.
The original claim was not alter or slow down. The original claim made was, if everyone was vaccinated it would have stopped mutation. Which I disagreed and provided counter argument too.

It helps to actually know what the discussion is actually about before jumping in. and it also helps when your entire argument isn't based on fallacies.

Also to touch on one of your points or "questions" , I already mentioned

That’s fine. I’m not trying to present any real arguments to the void of the internet. I read your comment about trying to advocate for your friends and family. Do that to the best of your abilities and I’ll leave you to it.
Closed Thread

Tags
beau cave keeners club, bradcuckedbymonkeys, come and make me, crybabylantanafrs, leeroy jenkins!!, noah get the boat, o'doyle rules!, peer reviewed thread, pew pew, rawdoggers4trump, shut the fuck up, socialist losers, spikesasimp, this is a wendy's, tylercuckedlieberman, voteforpedro, waaaantanafrs2, waahbradleywaah, waahwaahbradley, waahwaahvteckickedinyo