follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 10-15-2020, 10:42 AM   #43
Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT, 2017 BMW X1
Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,205 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Do you not see the hypocrisy of condemning those that oppose his blatant spamming and shilling for a company in the manner in which you do?
Only your point of view is acceptable?
Sorry we don't all come from the world where everybody gets a participation ribbon.
I live in a world where everybody would get a participation ribbon if its available:

Canada

And i hate that aspect of this place.
Sasquachulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 02:23 PM   #44
Racecomp Engineering

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2012 Paris Di2 & 2018 STI
Thanked 7,241 Times in 2,962 Posts
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Racecomp Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by KR-S View Post
To be fair, threads like these are where maybe perhaps a sub-forum for promoting content creators should be made so that there is a dedicated place to put such content and there isn't any need to post on the main forums. That way, those who are interested in such content can go to that sub-forum, while those who don't care can simply ignore the sub-forum altogether. Win-win.
That's actually a really good idea.

- Andrew
Racecomp Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Racecomp Engineering For This Useful Post:
brandonblt2 (10-15-2020), KR-S (10-15-2020), NoHaveMSG (10-15-2020), Ultramaroon (10-15-2020)
Old 10-15-2020, 02:52 PM   #45
brandonblt2
The Stig's African Cousin

Drives: 2014 wrb brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post

I like this reference because it can be a double entendre. You could be calling him a white knight or saying he is taking an "L" for the knights movement pattern is L shaped. Nice lol
brandonblt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brandonblt2 For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (10-15-2020)
Old 10-15-2020, 04:09 PM   #46
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,518 Times in 18,920 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonblt2 View Post
I like this reference because it can be a double entendre. You could be calling him a white knight or saying he is taking an "L" for the knights movement pattern is L shaped. Nice lol
I woke up this morning thinking about an image of the knight protecting the precious attention whore. Then I briefly wondered about the L move, and finally about how I suck at chess.
Old 10-15-2020, 04:18 PM   #47
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,322 Times in 7,380 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
and finally about how I suck at chess.
I'm more of a checkers with Oreo's guy myself
soundman98 (10-15-2020), Ultramaroon (10-15-2020)
Old 10-15-2020, 06:02 PM   #48
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,240 Times in 8,609 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
King me!
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (10-15-2020), soundman98 (10-15-2020), Ultramaroon (10-15-2020)
Old 10-15-2020, 06:19 PM   #49
HaXx

Drives: jrsc_brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
why are you guys arguing instead of flaming this thread with pictures like this. obviously you only need one aero mod.. this one..

duh..

Old 10-15-2020, 06:52 PM   #50
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,518 Times in 18,920 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Quote:
Old 10-15-2020, 08:43 PM   #51
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecomp Engineering View Post
That's actually a really good idea.

- Andrew
Or instead of shilling for a company without paying the vendor fees that help support this forum he could do what the good companies do. If he paid up, posted each video one time, in the appropriate existing sub forum and actually gave info of any value I doubt he would take any flak from anybody.
Irace86.2.0 (10-15-2020), NoHaveMSG (10-16-2020), pope (10-15-2020), Ultramaroon (10-15-2020)
Old 10-15-2020, 10:25 PM   #52
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekevinvo View Post
Yes, pretty simple, I chimed in because your comment referred to my post. I'm just trying to understand why it is you seem to have this negative connotation towards me. At least provide some sort of constructive criticism.
I’ll second what KR-S said and some others. I’ll add, in case it wasn’t said, that most people aren’t very receptive of click bait or attention seeking as it pertains to social media and the news, and there may be even more disdain for YouTube creators who are barely old enough to drive, yet have 15 cars from all their views. Call it being haters, but it is what it is. What I’m saying is essentially people are callous. So when someone comes off as a little thirsty for views such as yourself then there is a natural negative reaction.

If you are finding it hard to understand why your self-promoted videos are not well received then you might ask yourself the following: with all the 86 content that exists on YouTube, why aren’t creators posting their content here? In fact, ask yourself if you have seen anyone who is not a vendor self-promote their content?
NoHaveMSG (10-16-2020)
Old 10-15-2020, 11:58 PM   #53
thekevinvo

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
You guys win the internet. I will refrain from posting my videos in the forum from now on.
thekevinvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to thekevinvo For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (10-16-2020)
Old 10-15-2020, 11:59 PM   #54
thekevinvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR-S View Post
I'll echo what everybody else has said: it's not so much your videos I have a problem with (you are quite informative I'll admit that), it's the way you promote yourself in such a blatant and obvious way that just comes off as spammy with such a generic subject that has already been covered multiple times in the past.

To be fair, threads like these are where maybe perhaps a sub-forum for promoting content creators should be made so that there is a dedicated place to put such content and there isn't any need to post on the main forums. That way, those who are interested in such content can go to that sub-forum, while those who don't care can simply ignore the sub-forum altogether. Win-win.

One other thing is to put your Youtube channel link in your signature so you can passively advertise it. Also, just contribute to the forum legitimately, and don't think about getting views/subs. I'm not at all a content creator so you are free to take my word with a grain of salt, but people tend to gravitate towards people who know what they're talking about (and are just generally funny) and if you stick around for a while and help others, you may just get subs that way. You already work for FTSpeed and quite a few people on this forum know who you are - there is no need to promote yourself in this fashion.

I know quite a few people on this forum who I would be subbed to if they had a Youtube channel of their own.
Very much appreciate your thoughtful feedback on this. That's something I'll keep in mind.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thekevinvo For This Useful Post:
KR-S (10-16-2020), Ultramaroon (10-17-2020)
Old 10-16-2020, 09:54 AM   #55
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,322 Times in 7,380 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekevinvo View Post
You guys win the internet. I will refrain from posting my videos in the forum from now on.
No reason to throw the ball in the dirt because your videos may not be well received by some of us, you obviously get views. As I said, your DIY's are good and would help out a lot of newbie's that are trying to do basic maintenance or mods.

But as you said here:
Quote:
Why wouldn't I put the video in multiple places where it's relevant to increase viewership?
It seems like you are just after views and subs with click bait video that links back to your work. It doesn't come off as ingenious interest in the platform. Jumping strait into aero mod discussion like you are doing without doing other things first just seems like you are more in the mod game then actually understanding what each thing does. Why not do a delta between your current setup and when you do new tires first? Then add a splitter and diffuser and do a and compare between previous baseline? Looking at your mod list you are a WAYS away from adding a wing. Especially the one you linked to. You could do tons a videos on incrementally modding your car and comparing the delta's, and they would actually be useful, and you would be able to do the DIY's on the install as well. That is the reason I think so many people like channels like Speed Academy. They baseline the car on track, mod, then take it out again and show the improvement.
Old 10-16-2020, 10:03 AM   #56
thekevinvo

Quote:
No reason to throw the ball in the dirt because your videos may not be well received by some of us, you obviously get views. As I said, your DIY's are good and would help out a lot of newbie's that are trying to do basic maintenance or mods.

But as you said here:

It seems like you are just after views and subs with click bait video that links back to your work. It doesn't come off as ingenious interest in the platform. Jumping strait into aero mod discussion like you are doing without doing other things first just seems like you are more in the mod game then actually understanding what each thing does. Why not do a delta between your current setup and when you do new tires first? Then add a splitter and diffuser and do a and compare between previous baseline? Looking at your mod list you are a WAYS away from adding a wing. Especially the one you linked to. You could do tons a videos on incrementally modding your car and comparing the delta's, and they would actually be useful, and you would be able to do the DIY's on the install as well. That is the reason I think so many people like channels like Speed Academy. They baseline the car on track, mod, then take it out again and show the improvement.
Sorry, you misunderstood. I'm not throwing the ball in the dirt. I was just saying that I won't post the videos in the forums as to not bother anyone.

As for your second point, I certainly wasn't trying to come off that way. If I wasn't genuinely interested in the platform, I wouldn't take the time to make my own personal videos when I already spend time at work making videos on the platform. The reason why I did the aero mods video was because those are the parts I have access to at this time. The intention was not at all to tell people that these are the first mods they should do to the car nor are those aero parts going on my car anytime soon.

My plan is exactly what you laid out. I've already taken the car out as it sits to the closest track to get a baselin and I am trying to document the whole progression of the build and take it out to the track to see what improvements have been made if any. Apparently, I haven't done a good enough job showcasing it in that way, but that was the goal.
The Following User Says Thank You to thekevinvo For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (10-17-2020)