follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 09-09-2014, 10:08 PM   #1
Nonfacter1

Drives: 2014 Ultramarine Frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OLM Switchback Turn Signals Help Needed!!

So I purchased the OLM switchbacks from speedfactory (with the blinker module also), but I'm having some issues with them and was wondering if anyone had the same/similar issues.

The issue that I'm having is when I turn on the signal (either left or right) the opposite side switchback will turn off for a second and then come back on. And this happens everytime. The second issue that I'm having is when I'm adjusting the blinker module in the higher ranges (figured this out while trying to go through the different speeds that the blinker module gives) and found that when I turn on the signal (either left or right) the other side wont turn off, instead it will start flashing as fast as the side that I actually turned the blinker on.

I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced this and could help out in a solution. I have already contacted speedfactory and they sent me new switchbacks as well as the blinker module and the same events occurred. So I figured this wasn't the actual parts causing the problem (2 sets of the same things ending up with the same results?) Seems like there is another factor that is making it mess up.

Any help would be great! Thanks!!
Nonfacter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 12:32 PM   #2
go_a_way1
Not Bаnned Anymore

Drives: Heavily Modified FRS
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,797 Posts
Mentioned: 355 Post(s)
Tagged: 374 Thread(s)
Unhappy Help!

Hey, I am having the same issue!! I have bought a bunch of stuff from Jeremy and Yo @ft86speedfactory and they are great guys so they sent me a replacment flasher and two new bulbs. That did not fix my issue. One of the bulbs burnt out before the replacements got to me, but when they did I was still having the same issues. Mine seem to stop flashing and stay white sometimes too. If anyone know how to fix this please let me know as I really like the look, and I can live with the fact that they shut off before they start flashing if they ever work.
go_a_way1 is offline   Reply With Quote