follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 06-17-2015, 12:24 PM   #1
trdric

Drives: fr-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
high ltft at idle, my how to fix it(not fixed yet)

All right so I am currently working on my high LTFT at idle. I saw a couple of other post of people having the same problem so I will try to update regularly of how I worked it out. I use OFT E85 stage 2 tunes with UEL, full exhaust and GReddy intake. The MAF is rescaled. I always had the problem and I dont have any mechanical problem (leaks intake or exhaust side)

http://www.datazap.me/u/trdric/log-1...log=0&data=1-6

This is to show you the problem that i have. When I am on throttle i have no problem of keeping my ltft under the 8% mark. As soon as i come to a stop they go sky high tough.

I am not a pro but I am not scared to try out different stuff in romraider.

My 1st attempt was to change the injector flow scaling BRZ tab in romraider. I changed the 222.32 and changed it to 200. It gave me bad results.

http://www.datazap.me/u/trdric/log-1...log=2&data=1-6

My second attemp I changed the Low Pulse width fuel injector compensation. Will post update later today or tomorrow
trdric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:00 PM   #2
Koa
Sweeper

Drives: '02 RA Bugeye | '15 FRS
Thanked 1,488 Times in 788 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
brother, please stop changing things willy nilly before you understand what exactly is going on here.

High long term trims at idle are not to be even considered as a "problem" unless its significantly high.

--

However, as you say you re-scaled maf on the OFT stage 2 e85 map.. why did you rescale?

How did you rescale? WHEN did you rescale? (as E85 blends for winter and summer are typically very different)

Are you 100% sure the E85 source you have is consistent?

Your trims suck, no offense, in general. I am willing to believe your rescale was done incorrectly.. the OTS e85 map is designed to have a wide net to capture the ethanol variance in commercial corn juice. I rescaled my maf once for my e85 map, full UEL, and my trims are below 3% all the time. This is because I a) used VGI's tool and don't vary my method and b) trust my fuel source, been going there for months and used test strips to verify the ethanol content is pegged a little over E70
Koa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:39 PM   #3
trdric

rescale was done on 91oct and i have a greddy intake not a stock airbox. i have no problem with ltft on gas with my rescale
Old 06-17-2015, 01:45 PM   #4
Koa
Sweeper

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trdric View Post
rescale was done on 91oct and i have a greddy intake not a stock airbox. i have no problem with ltft on gas with my rescale
wait what. Are you transferring over your scale between tunes?

@Shiv@Openflash
@steve99
@vgi
@Kodename47

Bros seeking pro help for this guy before he blows his engine up
Koa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:55 PM   #5
trdric

@Koa stop... lol
Old 06-17-2015, 02:45 PM   #6
aagun

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
back to 91oct
then check ur ltft

it could be DI coil failure
aagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 06:32 PM   #7
trdric

wouldnt it code for this?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2015, 07:44 PM   #8
aagun

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
wouldnt it code for this?

no code at ja01j

check pov system
aagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:16 PM   #9
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
_
Quote:
All right so I am currently working on my high LTFT at idle. I saw a couple of other post of people having the same problem so I will try to update regularly of how I worked it out. I use OFT E85 stage 2 tunes with UEL, full exhaust and GReddy intake. The MAF is rescaled. I always had the problem and I dont have any mechanical problem (leaks intake or exhaust side)

http://www.datazap.me/u/trdric/log-1...log=0&data=1-6

This is to show you the problem that i have. When I am on throttle i have no problem of keeping my ltft under the 8% mark. As soon as i come to a stop they go sky high tough.

I am not a pro but I am not scared to try out different stuff in romraider.

My 1st attempt was to change the injector flow scaling BRZ tab in romraider. I changed the 222.32 and changed it to 200. It gave me bad results.

http://www.datazap.me/u/trdric/log-1...log=2&data=1-6

My second attemp I changed the Low Pulse ywidth fuel injector compensation. Will post update later today or tomorrow
Dont mess with injector scaling or pulse widths, your ltft isses are due to your gready intake throwing off your maf scaling.

If you want to rescale maf on e85 do it at the average e% for the fuel in your area.

llft wil vary with temperature and e% so try to do scaing at same temps arround 25c is best and using e85 of same e%.

also make sure you have no intake or exhaust leaks

use the vgi tool as @Koa said see the maf scalng links below
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:39 PM   #10
trdric

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
_

Dont mess with injector scaling or pulse widths, your ltft isses are due to your gready intake throwing off your maf scaling.

If you want to rescale maf on e85 do it at the average e% for the fuel in your area.

llft wil vary with temperature and e% so try to do scaing at same temps arround 25c is best and using e85 of same e%.

also make sure you have no intake or exhaust leaks

use the vgi tool as @Koa said see the maf scalng links below
already done this in the past and you said to play with my ipw. ill redo it because it was around 10c when i did my rescale but im pretty sure its close to being nailed because performance wise it is not the same car at all

Old 06-17-2015, 08:50 PM   #11
Tenchi

Drives: Silver Ignition 6MT 10 series FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I was having the same symptoms as the OP when I flashed over to the E-85 map. After 500 miles my CEL and traction light came on. I filled up again with E-85 and same thing. I went into the OFT just to see what map I was running and it was the STG 2 UEL 93 map lmao. I'm surprised the engine didn't blow because of my carelessness. I switch over to the PROPER MAP and purrs like a kitten and is under 10% STFT and LTFT.
Tenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:48 PM   #12
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
already done this in the past and you said to play with my ipw. ill redo it because it was around 10c when i did my rescale but im pretty sure its close to being nailed because performance wise it is not the same car at all

Doubt i said to adjust ipw , it would have been Cranking ipw used at cranking only
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:03 AM   #13
vgi

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
OP, according to your post the only concern you have is LTFT at idle, all else is fine and you are using OFT e85 tune? Also, the only thing you messed around with on that tune (besides your other attempts which you reverted I assume) is the maf scaling for your greddy intake?

The OFT e85 tune should be good and I would trust it. The only change, as far as I got it from your post is the intake, so you may need maf scaling. Thus I would put the original OFT e85 tune on and then scaled the maf running on e85. Do not touch anything else unless you made related hardware changes.

It is possible the MAF scaling misses adjusting low mafv points at idle based on the filters (eg high iats, low mafv, cell hits count, etc). You can try adjusting then just that point (or 2) manually based on fueling error which you can calculate from the log.

as was suggested, do not make changes unless you get an idea at what your changes will do. Changing the injectors setting will change your fueling across the board whereas you issues is at idle only. Cranking comp tables change fueling during start only, not idle. What ever other tables you might think of - make an assumption that the tune done by a pro has those covered unless you have hardware changes different from the car that the tune was made for (I think those tunes are either for stock or car with intake and exhaust?).
vgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:06 AM   #14
Koa
Sweeper

Garage
Quote:
@Koa stop... lol