follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Wheels and Tires

User Tag List

Old 07-19-2016, 10:51 AM   #1
AZ_Racer_1

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Asphalt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
FS: Enkei RPF1 Black 17x9 +35

Selling my matte black Rpf1s in 9/10 condition no curb rash or scratches, they are 17x9 +35 rapped in Hankook Ventus Rs3 255/40/17 only have 3500 miles on them.

Asking 1200, willing to ship. Located in AZ
Attached Images

Last edited by AZ_Racer_1; 07-19-2016 at 08:45 PM.
AZ_Racer_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 01:32 PM   #2
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Please follow the member classified rules (#2) or I'll delete the thread

thanks

ichi
Old 07-23-2016, 04:28 PM   #3
FNCrazy
Rambling Man

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT - In Heaven Now
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
What drop do you have on your car? Any even slight rubbing lock to lock or on bumps?

I make up 112% of what I say.
FNCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 03:12 AM   #4
FNCrazy
Rambling Man

Garage
Bump for question?

All we know is.... He's called The Stig
Old 07-26-2016, 04:05 AM   #5
swarb

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,271 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNCrazy View Post
Bump for question?

click user name
click find more post by user
look down a few posts

hint*
NO springs lower that low.
You can always pm your questions.
swarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:16 AM   #6
FNCrazy
Rambling Man

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarb View Post
click user name
look down a few posts

hint*
Thank you for explaining how forums work, I appreciate that. This product wants to get sold, yes? The most information in ONE thread a potential buyer has, the more likely they are to buy.

I assumed, legitimately, that a 255 tire could run the risk of rubbing. I asked, not just for me but anyone else that wondered and didn't feel like PM'ing.

Also, again, obviously a drop in height. I know, you know, that's not a spring drop, but so? The OP could point out how low it is right there, or whether that's normal driving drop if they don't know the exact inches. Other people might appreciate that information. OP may appreciate not being Pm'd 25 times with the same questions.

I'm not sure what's unclear to you.

I mean really, if you've ever sold anything, make sure you make it as easy as possible on the buyer if you want it sold quickly.

Friends?

Quote:
click user name
look down a few posts

hint*

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FNCrazy For This Useful Post:
pinetree (08-01-2016), Shoebox (08-14-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 04:25 AM   #7
swarb

Quote:
Thank you for explaining how forums work, I appreciate that. This product wants to get sold, yes? The most information in ONE thread a potential buyer has, the more likely they are to buy.

I assumed, legitimately, that a 255 tire could run the risk of rubbing. I asked, not just for me but anyone else that wondered and didn't feel like PM'ing.

Also, again, obviously a drop in height. I know, you know, that's not a spring drop, but so? The OP could point out how low it is right there, or whether that's normal driving drop if they don't know the exact inches. Other people might appreciate that information. OP may appreciate not being Pm'd 25 times with the same questions.

I'm not sure what's unclear to you.

I mean really, if you've ever sold anything, make sure you make it as easy as possible on the buyer if you want it sold quickly.

Friends?

You can easily search google or use the search function. And you would have known the answer. 3 days ago...
Old 07-26-2016, 04:34 AM   #8
FNCrazy
Rambling Man

Garage
Quote:
You can easily search google or use the search function. And you would have known the answer. 3 days ago...
Still don't get my point, do you? Sure, I may not know whatever I asked, but the information could be vital to a potential buyer. The more you make a buyer click around, ESPECIALLY off site, the chances are dramatically reduced of a finalized sale. This is complete 101 stuff in the Web world. I'm thinking maybe you should start using Google. Try a narrowed down keyword + "marketing" to start? Just silly

Oh, and do you think seller minds giving information that is helpful they may not have thought about? No. They just get the cash.

Before you argue again, seriously Google marketing 101 or something.

Old 07-26-2016, 04:54 AM   #9
swarb

Quote:
Still don't get my point, do you? Sure, I may not know whatever I asked, but the information could be vital to a potential buyer. The more you make a buyer click around, ESPECIALLY off site, the chances are dramatically reduced of a finalized sale. This is complete 101 stuff in the Web world. I'm thinking maybe you should start using Google. Try a narrowed down keyword + "marketing" to start? Just silly

Oh, and do you think seller minds giving information that is helpful they may not have thought about? No. They just get the cash.

Before you argue again, seriously Google marketing 101 or something.

You obviously haven't been on the forums long. They are the most popular/high demand wheels for our cars in that specific size and offset. Only the color choice is questionable. Those tires are also one of the most popular, with the exception of the 245/40 size. He doesn't need to market selling points. They will sell easily at the price/condition.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:12 AM   #10
FNCrazy
Rambling Man

Garage
Quote:
You obviously haven't been on the forums long. They are the most popular/high demand wheels for our cars in that specific size and offset. Only the color choice is questionable. Those tires are also one of the most popular, with the exception of the 245/40 size. He doesn't need to market selling points. They will sell easily at the price/condition.
I've been on all sides of very, very large forums. I've owned them, administered them, moderated them, used them, and gained valuable knowledge from them. Don't assume you know someone based on dorky forum posts.

Yes, I'm well aware of the incredible popularity of these wheels. And?

I'm well aware that people who have been around know everything about them, well, except you.

Most popular size short of the 245/40?? Really? Wow! I'll pay you $10 PayPal if you can get one of our forum vendors to PM confirmation of your "fact," that this is, in fact, the second most popular size for this wonderful wheel.

He doesn't need to market selling points because, what, it's a popular product?? Tritely, so is Nike but they tend to market their wares fairly often.

Tell me, what or who does it *hurt* to explain ads better and have better pictures? The seller? Hell no! Things sell quicker! The buyer? Hell no! Info is in one place, he won't have as many questions to wait for Pm'd answers. Clearer decision making.

The only one I see it hurting is the one up in the middle of the night following and trashing my posts for, sport, or because you think I'm new to forums, or just don't get it.

Knock yourself out I guess, just make sure to crack a freakin' book once in a while and learn something.

Your friend forever,

Jeff

Old 07-26-2016, 06:00 AM   #11
swarb

Quote:
I've been on all sides of very, very large forums. I've owned them, administered them, moderated them, used them, and gained valuable knowledge from them. Don't assume you know someone based on dorky forum posts.

Yes, I'm well aware of the incredible popularity of these wheels. And?

I'm well aware that people who have been around know everything about them, well, except you.

Most popular size short of the 245/40?? Really? Wow! I'll pay you $10 PayPal if you can get one of our forum vendors to PM confirmation of your "fact," that this is, in fact, the second most popular size for this wonderful wheel.

He doesn't need to market selling points because, what, it's a popular product?? Tritely, so is Nike but they tend to market their wares fairly often.

Tell me, what or who does it *hurt* to explain ads better and have better pictures? The seller? Hell no! Things sell quicker! The buyer? Hell no! Info is in one place, he won't have as many questions to wait for Pm'd answers. Clearer decision making.

The only one I see it hurting is the one up in the middle of the night following and trashing my posts for, sport, or because you think I'm new to forums, or just don't get it.

Knock yourself out I guess, just make sure to crack a freakin' book once in a while and learn something.

Your friend forever,

Jeff

Search(and read) the thread on this specific wheel. And you will know.
ADDED <3
Old 07-26-2016, 06:15 AM   #12
FNCrazy
Rambling Man

Garage
I would bet that the 245 is more popular in 45 than the 255 is in anything. BUT, there have been occasions over the years when I was less correct than I'd intended to be, so maybe you're right? If you're sure, get a vendor to pm me that and you'll have ten extra wonderful dollars towards mods. I, will have also eaten a little crow, which I suspect you'd enjoy more than the 10 bucks.

Old 07-26-2016, 06:31 AM   #13
FNCrazy
Rambling Man

Garage
Well, you snooze you lose. No money for you. Mia Culpa, you're probably right. I reread the initial post and I'd missed it was a 9" wheel. So, no idea, but I am certainly no longer sure I'm right about the popular size.

However, my original point remains: Clear ads with information, and clear pictures sell. Why anyone would be so against that is beyond me.

Besides, I'm not being an ass and telling the OP what to do, in many cases just helping on my own. How does that insult you so much?

You know, ever since search began on dialup bulletin boards before the www got big, communities have always grumbled and gotten downright pissed at new people for not finding their exact criteria answer by searching, so asking again.

How dare them?

You know what a forum would be if every question was asked and answered once? A FAQ.

It's in a living forum's nature to remake itself, over time, over and over, either with new contributing members (since the 4 year members have by and large dropped off), new ideas, info, completed cars, etc.

A new thread has 4 year newer info, products, and people that are here *now*, not 4 years ago.

It'll be okay, the forum will make it through this, I promise.

The Following User Says Thank You to FNCrazy For This Useful Post:
new2subaru (07-26-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 08:03 PM   #14
AZ_Racer_1

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Asphalt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Woah, just saw all these messages, my bad I missed them. They are sold now but I am dropped 2in all around and only rub in the front at full wheel lock and I just rub my inside fender liner
AZ_Racer_1 is offline   Reply With Quote