follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 06-27-2017, 01:26 AM   #1
Wil

Drives: Drives like a crab.
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Vacuum activated exhaust cutout

Hi everyone,

I've been thinking about modifying my stock midpipe in order to add a vacuum-activated exhaust cutout.
I currently have an electric exhaust cutout in my stock muffler and I absolutely love the versatility of this system.

I want to go a step further and be able to go even more coconuts at WOT.

But, unfortunately, I cannot seem to find any piece of information regarding the install of such device and system.

At least, I've found a kit that you can view here, on AliExpress:
http://bit.ly/2tgPMCo

From what I've understood, the vacuum source comes from the intake manifold.

Can anyone provide some schematic/layout/drawings/pictures and explanation on how such system does work?

That would be very very appreciated :-)

If I find enough info to "take the plunge" and modify my midpipe, I would definitely do a thread for people who would want to do the same!

Thank you very much in advance.
Wil.
Wil is offline   Reply With Quote