follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 09-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #57
carbonBLUE
Reverse Burnouts

Drives: 2013 Argento FRS
Thanked 1,257 Times in 592 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tric View Post
A few min ago, pulled out from my driveway the check engine light came on. i ignore it thinking its a minor whatever. i'll take it to the dealer in the morn. but by the time i got to the end on my block all lights came on and i felt i lost the power steer. so i pulled over turn it off for a few second and now it just grinds the motor & wont turn over.

-Battery Check
-Starter Check
-All the Lights are still on when you turn on the ignition

me and my friends pushed it back to my driveway.

this could be the result of an idiotic act i did a few days ago. trying to prove my SCION. i peeled off @ 109 miles.

Could this void my warranty/or whatever coverage i have?
Could i loose the car?
btw im leasing from "millennium toyota"

im @#$%'ed...
your car broke down because of a malfunction.... not because you were too hard on the car

@ somebody that can lock this thread

TAKE THE CAR TO THE DEALERSHIP, AND GET A DIAGNOSTIC DONE, EVERYONE ELSE THAT DOESN'T KNOW CARS AND IS JUST GUESSING PLEASE.... SILENCE!!!!

i felt like big red lettering was necessary for this lol, @WingsofWar will appreciate it lol

2000 Carbon Blue Toyota Celica GTS 152000 miles
(wont forget you)
2013 Argento Scion FR-S
2011 Infiniti G37x
carbonBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to carbonBLUE For This Useful Post:
czar07 (09-13-2012), tric (09-13-2012), WingsofWar (09-13-2012)
Old 09-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #58
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,561 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
lol carbonblue knows me too well
Old 09-13-2012, 09:41 PM   #59
jmaryt
Banned

Drives: 2012 honda civic ex
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Don't forget the lot workers who move the cars around shipyards, into the ships and back off. And the truck driver who loads and unloads cars. And the occasional dealership guy being abusive on a PDI.

I agree that his burnout had absolutely NOTHING to do with this failure.
excellent point! many people drive the car a little before a customer picks it up
this would substantiate each car having some residual mileage on it, BUT as this poster ''suggests" WE don't know HOW those people drove the car BEFORE it was sold!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #60
tric

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaryt View Post
so true! don't be concerned! toyota will take care of you! just continue
to live your life to the fullest! don't let this set back pshycologically impair you!
it's just a car, an inanimate object! can be replaced no worries! don't f**k up
your life over it!
TAKE THE CAR TO THE DEALERSHIP, AND GET A DIAGNOSTIC DONE, EVERYONE ELSE THAT DOESN'T KNOW CARS AND IS JUST GUESSING PLEASE.... SILENCE!!!!

i felt like big red lettering was necessary for this lol, @WingsofWar will appreciate it lol[/QUOTE]

MAN I'M SO HAPPY I DIDNT VIEW THIS THREAD ALL DAY. I WOULD HAVE PROBABLY BEEN DEAD BEFORE I COULD'VE FIND OUT WHAT REALLY WENT WRONG.

Last edited by tric; 09-14-2012 at 12:26 AM.
tric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:19 AM   #61
tric

Talking

My dealer sent a tow truck to pick up my car this morning which i had to pay out of pocket for.

followed 'em to the dealer. They ran diagnostics on the car and found out it was an electrical problem. however toyota could not fix it so they transported my car to a SUBARU dealer. Shocking!

Later in afternoon i went it back to find out what really going on, not knowing much about cars. All the guy said the car have a few electrical problem and it appears to be the alternator gave out and cause some other faults. FOR A NEW CAR. then he continues to say "but when the guy were running some test for some reason the ECU got damaged (fried) it wasn't the dealers fault it was scion's"

Now the good news is the car can be fixed or possible be returned to scion, ill be able to transfer the credit to a new scion, but i have to wait up to 8 weeks. (HELL NO)

they are still working on it. if the problem is resolved. i'll get the car back but i have to wait a few days, courtesy of toyota i was given a 2012 Camry for my daily commutes until they come to a conclusion on the FRS.

FYI- i was made to understand that all FRS & BRZ engines are pre-broken in. But its necessary to obey the manual for the first 700 -1000 miles.

and also burn out can damage the engines cause "the rings aren' t fitted to bore as yet" whatever that means.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:28 AM   #62
DaJo
FT86Club Vancouver

Drives: BRZ Sport-Tech; Drove: MR-S, AE86
Thanked 1,178 Times in 633 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
My dealer sent a tow truck to pick up my car this morning which i had to pay out of pocket for.

followed 'em to the dealer. They ran diagnostics on the car and found out it was an electrical problem. however toyota could not fix it so they transported my car to a SUBARU dealer. Shocking!

Later in afternoon i went it back to find out what really going on, not knowing much about cars. All the guy said the car have a few electrical problem and it appears to be the alternator gave out and cause some other faults. FOR A NEW CAR. then he continues to say "but when the guy were running some test for some reason the ECU got damaged (fried) it wasn't the dealers fault it was scion's"

Now the good news is the car can be fixed or possible be returned to scion, ill be able to transfer the credit to a new scion, but i have to wait up to 8 weeks. (HELL NO)

they are still working on it. if the problem is resolved. i'll get the car back but i have to wait a few days, courtesy of toyota i was given a 2012 Camry for my daily commutes until they come to a conclusion on the FRS.

FYI- i was made to understand that all FRS & BRZ engines are pre-broken in. But its necessary to obey the manual for the first 700 -1000 miles.

and also burn out can damage the engines cause "the rings aren' t fitted to bore as yet" whatever that means.

Just simply means the piston rings aren't seated properly against the cylinder walls yet.

Thanks for the update! Hope it gets fixed soon.

2013 BRZ Sport-Tech 6AT
Since '12 (OEM+ STI tS Build)
2015 Lexus IS250 AWD F-Sport 2 2015-2018
2018 Lexus NX300 F-Sport 3 Since '18
DaJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DaJo For This Useful Post:
tric (09-14-2012)
Old 09-14-2012, 12:28 AM   #63
Hawaiian
That guy

Drives: Ultramarine mt FR-S
Thanked 1,388 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quote:

I bet the kids at school will think it's cool when you do burnouts in a CAMRY!
Jr Tuned 506whp @17psi (e73)
Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawaiian For This Useful Post:
StarsGarrador (09-16-2012), tric (09-14-2012)
Old 09-14-2012, 12:40 AM   #64
tric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
I bet the kids at school will think it's cool when you do burnouts in a CAMRY!

LOL- it says on the back glass "Millennium Toyota Courtesy Car"
Now I'm scared to be seen in that cause the question would be "where's the FRS?" and i wont want to answer that.

Nah. i'm done with that bullshit. i'll no longer be debadging. My scion experience is getting better everyday. i wish some day they'll be the "Apple" of cars. its time i live it up. I'll do a buy out if i get my car back and tune the shyt out of it. then burnouts wont be a problem.

OR i might even consider an Auto Transmission

Last edited by tric; 09-14-2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #65
norm24

Drives: TSX
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
LOL- it says on the back glass "Millennium Toyota Courtesy Car"
Now I'm scared to be seen in that cause the question would be "where's the FRS?" and i wont want to answer that.

Nah. i'm done with that bullshit. i'll no longer be debadging. My scion experience is getting better everyday. i wish some day they'll be the "Apple" of cars. its time i live it up. I'll do a buy out if i get my car back and tune the shyt out of it. then burnouts wont be a problem.

OR i might even consider an Auto Transmission
The catastrophic failure of your Scion corresponds to "My scion experience is getting better everyday"? You're one weird dude...
norm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:28 PM   #66
tric

Quote:
Originally Posted by norm24 View Post
The catastrophic failure of your Scion corresponds to "My scion experience is getting better everyday"? You're one weird dude...
What do you want me to say dude? for a company that was established in 2002 under Toyota they're doing pretty good when it comes to taking care of their customers. For someone thats coming from a BMW to Scion i was expecting a lot shyt. i thought they were like honda and most non-German Manufactures- A pain in the ass.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #67
wawro569

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S MT
[QUOTE=pcasso87;437487]Nah this cant be the problem. I tracked my car with only 500 miles and its at 3k right now doing fine pulling like a champ, the brake in period is a myth on newer engines. This forum is full of people who love to make theories up.

Newer manufacturing processes do mean that engines are better prepared for normal driving right out of the factory but you should still keep is under 4K RPM for the first 1000 miles, it says this almost verbatim in the manual.
wawro569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #68
GNS

Drives: .
Quote:
A few min ago, pulled out from my driveway the check engine light came on. i ignore it thinking its a minor whatever. i'll take it to the dealer in the morn. but by the time i got to the end on my block all lights came on and i felt i lost the power steer. so i pulled over turn it off for a few second and now it just grinds the motor & wont turn over.

-Battery Check
-Starter Check
-All the Lights are still on when you turn on the ignition

me and my friends pushed it back to my driveway.

this could be the result of an idiotic act i did a few days ago. trying to prove my SCION. i peeled off @ 109 miles.

Could this void my warranty/or whatever coverage i have?
Could i loose the car?
btw im leasing from "millennium toyota"

im @#$%'ed...
I'm starting to think that you're a troll. 'pre med' student etc. nice cover.
GNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #69
gmookher
Banned

Drives: VortechSC,BorlaEL,Perrin,GCRace
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNS View Post
I'm starting to think that you're a troll. 'pre med' student etc. nice cover.
x2
gmookher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brz, frs, fucked