follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 01-23-2017, 12:19 PM   #1
MyNameIsKeh

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MyNameIsKeh's Street Build

Hello!

My name is Kyle and this is where I plan to document my plans and modifications for my 2016 Scion FRS!

My first car was a 1992 Toyota Celica GT which I drove throughout most of High School. I don't have that many pictures of her, but I loved that car.

My family ended up selling it to help pay for a new car for me. One that I thought would last me through college. A 2008 Audi TT. My parents surprised me with this car and I was in love with it. They didn't just hand me the car however. I still had to pay it off which I didn't mind. (Forever grateful for them and what they do and what they put up with) It was mine. Unfortunately, the 8 year old Audi ended up taking up whatever little savings I had for things that kept breaking and I ended up having to trade it in.

This leads to me getting my FRS! This had become my dream car since it was released and I knew I would own it some day. I did not know that day would come so soon.
Here she is the day I got her!

I'm happy to say that my parents did not have to come out with any money for me to get this car as it was all on me. They did provide the TT though so that was help enough. We got the car for what I thought was a good deal as it was 21,xxx with only 38mi on the clock.

This is going to be my car for a VERY long time hopefully and so I thought I should have a place to document everything I do to it. My goal is to have it be more of a street car that I can occasionally take to the track. I don't think this build will move super quickly as some of the other builds do, but I'll do what I can for a full time college student.

MOD LIST AS OF 10/1/2018:
  • Weathertech Floor Liner (front only)
  • Sard Racing seat covers (black)
  • Helix clear sidemarkers
  • Raceseng reverse lockout
  • Tom's Taillights
  • Diode Dynamics Switchback LED Front Turn Signals
  • Diode Dynamics Dome Light and Trunk Light
  • BaysonR Front Lip
  • KW Variant 3 Coilover Suspension
  • SPC Rear Lower Control Arms
  • SPC Front Camber Bolts
  • Whiteline Rear Toe Arms
  • Invidia N1 Catback Exhaust
  • Enkei RPF1 17x9 +35 in Gunmetal
  • Michelin Pilot Super Sport 245/40/17
  • Black OEM Interior Trim Pieces
  • Ceramic Window Tint 20% on the sides and back and 70% on the front

Here is the most recent pic of her

Last edited by MyNameIsKeh; 10-01-2018 at 12:30 PM.
MyNameIsKeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:24 PM   #2
MyNameIsKeh

Sard Racing seat covers

Here are the seat covers that in my opinion transformed the interior. The fit is perfect (at least on the front ones.) and it just makes it feel much more complete/ premium. Would recommend.

Here is the reverse lockout and helix side markers. As expected the Raceseng lockout makes the interior feel more premium. Its also quite bold in RED. The side markers are muchhh cleaner looking than the stock orange ones. I did opt for the clear light inside and its... quite bright. I am kinda scared I'll get a fix it ticket or something for it but we'll see lol.

MyNameIsKeh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MyNameIsKeh For This Useful Post:
swarb (01-23-2017)
Old 10-01-2018, 12:38 PM   #3
MyNameIsKeh

Update!

I ended up tracking this build more on my Instagram than anything else, but here is a quick updated picture. I have also updated the first post to reflect the mods I have completed. I just hope I didn't forget anything.