follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 02-09-2022, 06:46 PM   #561
Midnightsky

Drives: 2022 BRZ WRB
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blighty View Post
You need to be stationary now to do that.

Also, there is a diagram somewhere that shows with the auto you can never get into fully off mode, only the manual.
Nope, can be done while driving, but I think it's speed limited, go over a certain speed and u can't turn either of them off. I could be wrong there too tho lol.
Midnightsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 08:42 PM   #562
Daedex
That One Guy

Drives: White 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemysterio View Post
Very interesting but with such a long neck, I'd be worried of too much movement or vibration without some sort of stabilizer closer to where the phone would be. I have something significantly shorter but it still vibrates too much when my car is on.

so, my second mod was installing the phone holder:

And you were right! It was initially vibrating, until I installed a little rubber insert that I found in my "random shit" drawer in the kitchen, the edge of the phone rests there, and it doesn't move!

I would take a pic of the phone plugged in, but the phone itself is my only camera

edit: got the ladies phone

Last edited by Daedex; 02-12-2022 at 10:51 AM.
Daedex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daedex For This Useful Post:
joemysterio (02-14-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 11:57 PM   #563
Rcode

Drives: Ford Fiesta ST, 2022 Subaru BRZ
I went ahead and installed Ferodo DS1.11 pads. I was going to wait closer until the next track day, but figured since the car would be sitting during the cold months I might as well get it out the way. Only a couple spirited drives, but very happy with them so far.

Below is also a comparison between the new pads and the stock pads after 7 sessions. I ran into quite a lot of ABS intervention, so hopefully I can control that better when the brake pedal doesn't fade so quick. I see why so many recommend not running the stock pads on the track, I thought upgraded brake fluid would be enough. Even the stock pads on my ST could sustain a couple of weekends!

The other thing I may or may not do today or tomorrow is buy Vorshlag camber plates. I feel that may help tire wear and turn in quite a bit, and I don't think camber bolts will give me as much camber as I want.
Attached Images

Rcode is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rcode For This Useful Post:
Ash_89 (02-12-2022), Midnightsky (02-12-2022), tenderization (02-12-2022)
Old 02-12-2022, 12:08 AM   #564
McMCOO
Anti-Social Media

Drives: 24 GR86 Premium MT is on the way!
Post-break-in oil change and replaced the plug with the Fumoto F108S. And a wash.
McMCOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 02:12 PM   #565
Simmons

Drives: 2022 BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Installed some whiteline bushings today, and bought some 245 PS4S for rains.
Attached Images

Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 03:57 PM   #566
Burrz

Today I installed the front plate delete from Billetworkz - Now my BRZ has whiskers
Attached Images

Last edited by Burrz; 02-12-2022 at 04:22 PM.
Burrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Burrz For This Useful Post:
McMCOO (02-12-2022)
Old 02-12-2022, 06:22 PM   #567
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
reddit's got a group of flag enthusiasts. their saying is "if it's not appropriate to fly a nazi flag, then it's not appropriate to fly the japanese navy war flag"

so if someone starts waging war on you in traffic, don't be overly surprised..
Old 02-12-2022, 07:15 PM   #568
Burrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
reddit's got a group of flag enthusiasts. their saying is "if it's not appropriate to fly a nazi flag, then it's not appropriate to fly the japanese navy war flag"

I didn't realize this was a hate symbol, well that sucks! I guess that was a waste. I'll see what Billetworkz has to say about this.

Update: First they hear of this. They've never received any complaints and have sold hundreds of these.

Last edited by Burrz; 02-14-2022 at 12:20 AM.
Burrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 07:35 PM   #569
tenderization

Drives: 88 RX-7, 2022 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrz View Post
I didn't realize this was a hate symbol, well that sucks! I guess that was a waste. I'll see what Billetworkz has to say about this.
One difference w/ other old WWII flags is that JMSDF uses a rising sun flag, so the situation is muddied a bit by that:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rising...ag#Controversy

In general though it could get you some unwanted attention.

(On an unrelated note I think it's in general kind of weird to add badges/decals for the country a car was ostensibly "designed" or "manufactured" in. If we've learned anything in the last two years it's that the process of building and selling cars is more globally intertwined than what the "90% MAJOR PARTS CONTENT" or what have you on the window sticker indicates.)
tenderization is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 09:43 PM   #570
Midnightsky

Drives: 2022 BRZ WRB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenderization View Post
One difference w/ other old WWII flags is that JMSDF uses a rising sun flag, so the situation is muddied a bit by that:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rising...ag#Controversy

In general though it could get you some unwanted attention.

(On an unrelated note I think it's in general kind of weird to add badges/decals for the country a car was ostensibly "designed" or "manufactured" in. If we've learned anything in the last two years it's that the process of building and selling cars is more globally intertwined than what the "90% MAJOR PARTS CONTENT" or what have you on the window sticker indicates.)
Sourcing stuff from all over the world allows the vehicle manufacturers to cut costs which they TOTALLY pass onto the consumers.......NOT LOL
Midnightsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 10:01 PM   #571
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrz View Post
yeah, i wanted to do the roof of my car and truck with it, and in the process of looking for good images to send to the vinyl guy, came across the flag enthusiasts page about it. i still want to do something on the roof's, but am out of idea's for the time being...

in the end, it's not all that different from the confederate flag. to some, it stands for freedom, but to just as many, it stands for oppression.
Old 02-12-2022, 10:32 PM   #572
SlowTime

Drives: 2009 MX-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post

I'm not one of those guys. But my first thought is I would never put the flag that bombed Pearl Harbor on my car.
SlowTime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SlowTime For This Useful Post:
Jdmjunkie (02-12-2022), LRNAD90 (02-13-2022)
Old 02-13-2022, 11:02 AM   #573
otter

Drives: 22 BRZ
Not terribly exciting but finally took delivery of my BRZ yesterday after 5 months of waiting. As soon as I got home I immediately ripped out the stupid clutch assist spring and made the car 100% better to drive. Past few new cars I've bought have all had something like that and every one of them is better without it. No idea why OEMs keep using that shit.

Next on the list, maybe today if I get motivated, is to swap the OEM tires over to the aftermarket wheels I picked up, which are gold as is required by WR Blue Subaru law , and then mount the new autox rubber to the OEM wheels. Then I've got two weeks to put as much break-in mileage on the car as I can before it's time to start beating the crap out of the car at its first autox. Still waiting on my Karcepts front bar to come off backorder and need to do some measuring to confirm the first-gen Konis are legal on the second gen by SCCA class rules (issue is different strut length between gens).
otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 11:34 AM   #574
Jegan_V

Drives: 2023 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
Past few new cars I've bought have all had something like that and every one of them is better without it. No idea why OEMs keep using that shit.
If you plan to daily drive a manual transmission car in the deep city, the clutch pedal spring is what makes the clutch pedal light and reduces left leg fatigue in bad traffic, however they're also more vague as a result.

Its the main reason I left it on my FRS, I've been caught in hours long traffic jams and because its so easy to actuate I don't get any feelings of wanting to return to an automatic because lets face it automatics don't make traffic any better. I'm more likely to get right leg fatigue these days...so auto/manual jams make no difference to me these days if the clutch pedal is light.

A heavy clutch pedal however in hours long jams will put me in a position to sell the manual car and go automatic. If you don't have to deal with lousy traffic however, removing the spring is something you can do and I'm sure it will feel superior.
Jegan_V is offline   Reply With Quote