follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 09-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #1
bitcloud

Drives: soon to be brz limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Questions about buying a brz

Hello,

I have a few questions about the brz since I am planning on buying one.

1. Will the brz ever be in stock at dealers around the united states hopefully the 2014 models? Or will it be all pre-orders? When will the 2014 models be introduce/come out?

2. How long was your wait for a brz? Are any one of you guys in the process of waiting and buying the car?

3. What color did you choose? I seem to like all of the colors but the red (sorry I never liked a red car)

4. Is anyone going to daily their cars yearly? How will winters be (Ohio winters are unpredictable) will good set of snow tires be enough?

5. Is there anyone in Columbus that wants to meet up and show me their car to help deccied the color and perhaps a test drive and how is the scene in Columbus?
bitcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bitcloud For This Useful Post:
Guff (09-12-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #2
sho220

Drives: FR-S MT & FJ Cruiser
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
The BRZ General forum would probably be a better place for this thread...

sho220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #3
diirk

Drives: 4Runner
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
1. Will the brz ever be in stock at dealers around the united states hopefully the 2014 models? Or will it be all pre-orders? When will the 2014 models be introduce/come out?

Tough call. I think there will be a few at dealers next year, as production ramps up. But FRs's will always outnumber the BRZ's.

2. How long was your wait for a brz? Are any one of you guys in the process of waiting and buying the car?

2 weeks. But I didn't order one. I just found an unalloted one that was coming in to a local dealer that met my criteria and put a deposit on it.

3. What color did you choose? I seem to like all of the colors but the red (sorry I never liked a red car)

I was torn between the SWP (satin white pearl) and the WRB (world rally blue). But my last two suby's were WRB, so I decided a change was in order.

4. Is anyone going to daily their cars yearly? How will winters be (Ohio winters are unpredictable) will good set of snow tires be enough?

My BRZ will be my DD. But I'm in SoCal. Winter isn't really an issue here other then some cold mornings and maybe a couple of days of snow and occasional ice. But if it really sucks outside, I'll just drive my truck.

5. Is there anyone in Columbus that wants to meet up and show me their car to help deccied the color and perhaps a test drive and how is the scene in Columbus?

Can't help you there. Good luck with the shopping.

waiting on a Neptune Premium MT
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #4
whaap

Drives: '13 FR-S firestorm, 6 mt - '11 CR-V
Thanked 1,387 Times in 657 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
If you're willing to travel you can find a bunch of them on Auto Trader.
whaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #5
Zaggeron

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited '10 370ZR
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I ordered mine the day after they started taking pre-orders -- around March 3rd. I was #7 of 8 that were allotted to the dealership -- the preorders came in fast. It took 5 months for mine to come in. I got mine in Galaxy Blue Silica (Ultramarie for the FR-S folk). I wanted blue and the color looked nice (also the BRZ and FR-S are the only cars with that color) even though I swore I'd never get another metallic paint. I daily mine, but as I live in central Texas, winter's are not a problem though we do get rain and the (very) occasional ice storm. I'm more concerned about early spring hail than winter driving in general.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #6
bitcloud

Can a moderator move this thread to the brz section? Thank you and sorry for the wrong section post

I am about to go to Byers Subaru and order the brz. Do you guys believe the cel issue will be fixed by the time the time Subaru starts to make the next batch of orders? I hope it does and how long should I expect the wait to be? I was thinking about a 6 month wait.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:03 AM   #7
xdbuix

Drives: 2013 Galaxy Blue Limited BRZ
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitcloud View Post
Hello,

1. It's very hard to get ahold of a 2013 model. I don't see it being in stock at least for the next 4-6 months and that's being optimistic.

2. Ordered in August, and my dealer expects it to be anywhere from Oct-Dec. From what i hear, if you order now, expect the car to come in Jan/Feb.

3.WRB
xdbuix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #8
zc06_kisstherain

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
as others said.
just look for stock ones around your area and get quote from those dealers.

if you pre-order now, it will be next year.
for 2014 model, it will be introduced around 2013 late summer / fall. (could you wait this long?)
I ordered mine in August 7th and waiting. mine will be DD but i have SUV for snow day. SUV is gas sucker and cant use it for DD.

Good luck
zc06_kisstherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #9
michaelahess

Drives: '13 GBS BRZ Lim, 2006 Dodge RAM MC
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Heck, cars.com still shows 205 available across the US, just look for one close by, or maybe not so close, but heck I drove 10 hours to get mine.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #10
mact

Drives: 13 GTI
I purchased Sterling Silver Metallic. Love it.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:08 PM   #11
avp1

Drives: Traded BRZ for Supra
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mact View Post
I purchased Sterling Silver Metallic. Love it.

To decide on color you need to see can personally. Subaru's color map in their book is too far from real. For me the best colors were red (which really is more like bright cherry) and light blue. But I decided not to wait and got a dark blue one, which someone ordered but didn't purchase.

With proper snow tires you should be able to survive a winter. But do not try to save on quality rubber.
avp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #12
reeves

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitcloud View Post
Hello,

Found mine's on CARS.com like people suggested. Bought it over the phone & had it shipped 1K miles to me. Easiest new car purchase I ever made.
reeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #13
Turbowned

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Perf Pack 6MT
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,150 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Garage
There are plenty available here in New England if you want to take a road trip or get one shipped to you. You really can't go wrong on color; I prefer the darker colors because it hides the front bumper "mustache" better, but they all look great. A set of snow tires will allow the car to be driven in the winter with ease. Good luck!

Current: 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S 6MT
Previous: 2 BRZ's, 997 C2S, C5 RS6, C4 S6, B8 S4, GDB STi, S30 240Z, FC3S RX-7 TII, AW11/SW20 MR2, E30 318is/325i, etc.
Turbowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:04 PM   #14
bitcloud

Ordered

Just got the ordering done today. They said the earliest time is next spring is when the car will arrive. I chosed the galaxy silica blue but they will give me a call before it is made and I can change the color before he calls me or during.

Do you guys believing tinting/smoking out the lights in black will look good with the galaxy blue silica? Or keeping the front white and making the tail red would look better? Also what are you recommendations for window tint? I am thinking about 35% tint all around.