follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-15-2015, 03:22 AM   #15
brzsubarusti13

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
Did you use it like a type of glue or just used enough so it would stick in?
Used it like a glue. Put silicone on all the clips. Removed the A clip so silicone was just placed where the clip hole goes for that one. Installed and held it until it dried. Repeated on the other side. Silicone might squeeze through the cracks when installing so have a towel for clean up just in case. Its been over a month and its going strong.
brzsubarusti13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 04:03 AM   #16
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrodriguez View Post
Used it like a glue. Put silicone on all the clips. Removed the A clip so silicone was just placed where the clip hole goes for that one. Installed and held it until it dried. Repeated on the other side. Silicone might squeeze through the cracks when installing so have a towel for clean up just in case. Its been over a month and its going strong.

Not worried about future removal? Like for a bumper uninstall?
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 04:18 AM   #17
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Also does anyone know the part numbers for all the clips in the bumper?

I know the one that goes upward behind the side marker is SU00302988 anyone know the ones that go on the radiator shroud area as well as the ones under the bumper?

*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
Old 12-15-2015, 05:39 AM   #18
Mikey2style

Drives: FR-S Release Series 1.0
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I wouldn't suggest the helix ones...I've had 'em for literally a year and the one day it rained and I drove my car, my led lights started flickering. They're definitely not water proof. And it happened on both sides.

Went with the JDM clear ones now and had to get new LED's and now it's all good. I haven't tested it in the rain yet though...but those are built much better than the helix ones of course.
Mikey2style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:40 AM   #19
DCStorm

Drives: 2013 FR-S (RIP), 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smotonaga View Post
I had the same problem with my Helix markers, the A tab would always fall off even after a short drive. So I just krazy glued the A clip in place. Hasnt fallen out since.
It's not a matter of the clips falling of. These are brand new and the clips are intact. It's just not clipping into my bumper as it should. So I think the issue is elsewhere. It's strange cuz the passenger side is perfect.

Also when I put on the stock Amber ones it's almost perfect as well. It just won't sit 100% flush but it's way more secure. I compared the back of both the oem and helix sidemarkers and they are the exact same thing, I don't get it
DCStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:51 AM   #20
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey2style View Post
I wouldn't suggest the helix ones...I've had 'em for literally a year and the one day it rained and I drove my car, my led lights started flickering. They're definitely not water proof. And it happened on both sides.

Went with the JDM clear ones now and had to get new LED's and now it's all good. I haven't tested it in the rain yet though...but those are built much better than the helix ones of course.
I agree with this assumption I had the Helix's for like 4 months, went to pull my bumper off to do a reinstall of the winjets and not only did the clips snap, but when I checked my LED sidemarkers you could see a brownish tinge on both sides from moisture entering the sidemarker. With the JDM sidemarkers no such issues, I looked at them after driving through some crazy rainstorms after another 3 months no such moisture marks on the new LEDs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCStorm View Post
It's not a matter of the clips falling of. These are brand new and the clips are intact. It's just not clipping into my bumper as it should. So I think the issue is elsewhere. It's strange cuz the passenger side is perfect.

Also when I put on the stock Amber ones it's almost perfect as well. It just won't sit 100% flush but it's way more secure. I compared the back of both the oem and helix sidemarkers and they are the exact same thing, I don't get it

Like I said before, did you take the bumper off at all?
Old 12-15-2015, 08:36 AM   #21
nickmerronesucks
Ned flanders

Drives: 13 BRZ, 16 Hellcat, 22 Ram 2500
Come on i thought half you guys came from the 240/e36 scene(At one point i was a shitty 240 kid with tons of ziptied crap then i grew up and used nuts and bolts..lol ) Drill a discreet hole in the back of the marker and run a ziptie from there to the bracket on fender..holds mine perfect.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:34 PM   #22
DCStorm

Quote:
I agree with this assumption I had the Helix's for like 4 months, went to pull my bumper off to do a reinstall of the winjets and not only did the clips snap, but when I checked my LED sidemarkers you could see a brownish tinge on both sides from moisture entering the sidemarker. With the JDM sidemarkers no such issues, I looked at them after driving through some crazy rainstorms after another 3 months no such moisture marks on the new LEDs.

Like I said before, did you take the bumper off at all?
Yeah I have. I've swapped headlights before.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:21 PM   #23
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCStorm View Post
Yeah I have. I've swapped headlights before.
Yup, that's happened to me check that pop clip that goes straight up into the bumper vertically on that side that's behind the side-marker take it out then put it in again as far as it goes without pushing down on the actual top tab then push that top tab in.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:49 AM   #24
Wes

Drives: JRSC'd Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
There's no place to for a zip tie to actually attach to the sidemarker...
Make one....
Drill a small hole into the plastic bracket that holds the clip that you would push in with screw driver (remove clip first of course)

then as you put the side marker back, put a small zip tie through the hole that you would stick the screwdriver in and it should loop around automatically, then viola

now you have a side marker that wont come loose, better yet cant be stolen.

and SUPER easy removal in the future when you need to take off bumper.

Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 04:49 PM   #25
DCStorm

Well I done fucked it up now.... Now not even my stock side marker fits in properly without popping out also. I'm so pissed right now.......
Old 12-17-2015, 04:51 PM   #26
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
The helix markers are crap. I spent an hour trying to help a member's to sit flush and tight to no avail. He later bought the oem clear markers and they popped in and haven't come out once...
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 04:57 PM   #27
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
After breaking the clips on a set of mine, I used some clear caulking. Worked like a charm.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 05:02 PM   #28
DCStorm

I don't understand because the clips on these and the OEM ones are intact also. The OEM ones also had fit perfectly before and now nothing... I just don't get it. How do they go from fitting perfect to not fitting at all? With the clips never once even coming loose? Referring to the OEM ones....