follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 04-14-2017, 04:04 AM   #1
Limited

Drives: Monogram FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Key fob failure after windshield tint redone

Had my windshield tinted CR70 about 2weeks ago. All car components were fine. Brought my car in two days ago to have the tint redone due to bubbling and residue that did not dry up. After having the tint redone with supposedly CR70, my key fob and smart key system both failed.

I cannot click to lock or unlock doors, open trunk or use panic button. Proximity sensor also failed, and dome light does not turn on when key fob is near vehicle. When pressing the push start button, an orange key symbol flashes for about 15seconds. Thinking the fob battery died, I tried 2 different new batteries with same result.

What's going on here? Did the tint installer cause water damage to some electrical components? Did he pull a fast one and switched tints that may be causing interference? Coincidental blown fuse? Any input is appreciated, thanks.

TLDR; tinted front windshield CR70, had some bubbles. Had it redone. Afterwards keyless entry, proximity sensor and smart system failed.

Last edited by Limited; 04-14-2017 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Extra clarification
Limited is offline   Reply With Quote