follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 04-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #15
kanundrum

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S
Thanked 3,016 Times in 1,711 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by denkigrve View Post
HA! I was gonna post that one. It looks better than Bespoke, and it beams the full maps application to the device from Android and iOS. Love for both (smart move). AND it's cheaper than the Bespoke.

My only question is why have photos sync to it? I'd NEVER use that feature. My buddy has a GTI with the first model in it. He only uses the photos to show off. :P
Preamp output volts on RCAs aren't the best. Clarion unit seems better for sound.
kanundrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #16
SixSpeed

Drives: '14 Toyota Corolla S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinDuMa View Post
Can't have it all you gotta make some sacrifices. What do you like from each car that out weighs the other? If you only like how the Fr-S look's its pretty much identical except for the front. If you really want all the extras shoot for the BRZ. I like the auto climate, push start, and leather/alcantara seats but not willing to pay 30+ out the door for a limited so im getting a premium.
True, I'm giving up the auto climate & push button for the FR-S. I can always trade up for the FR-S Release series 1.0, IF it comes with a push button start.

As for the auto climate, you can do what most people do and order the higher-end unit + parts (from Subaru), and then put it on a lower-end car (Scion). I've seen it done on other cars like (censored to prevent trolling). But I would suggest waiting until your warranty expires to prevent voiding it, that's just me of course.
SixSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #17
Prava
Insegrevious Member

Drives: Raven FRS 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itgb View Post
If you want all the BRZ Limited options, why don't you just swap a FR-S front bumper on a BRZ and call it a day.
I was thinking about doing this if i end up getting the BRZ. it shouldnt be that difficult to swap.

do you think the headlights would be a relatively easy swap as well? because i like the brz headlights more than the fr-s...

"Character is who you are when nobody is looking."
Club4AG | Micro Image | Solar Shade | FRS86

Prava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #18
ngabdala
Vortech Supercharged

Drives: WRB BRZ 6MT LTD
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prava View Post
I was thinking about doing this if i end up getting the BRZ. it shouldnt be that difficult to swap.

do you think the headlights would be a relatively easy swap as well? because i like the brz headlights more than the fr-s...

Dude you can get some HIDs for less than 100
ngabdala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #19
SixSpeed

Drives: '14 Toyota Corolla S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prava View Post

That depends on if the BRZ HIDs need wiring. I think some HID lights don't need wiring, IDK.

But why stop at the BRZ headlights? Check out the 86's headlights as well
SixSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:03 AM   #20
Prava
Insegrevious Member

Drives: Raven FRS 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
this is true.
FRS --> put in HIDs and swap headlights
BRZ --> swap front bumper

"Character is who you are when nobody is looking."
Club4AG | Micro Image | Solar Shade | FRS86

Prava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #21
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
It would be better to get the BRZ premium and swap the front bumper with a frs bumper. Push start with proximity is only $300-$400 aftermarket.

The dual climate control looks better but I bet it would be mad expensive to install it.

That pioneer app radio 2 looks good. Half the price of the bespoke! We still don't have real specs on the bespoke! Why is it $849 to $1200?!?
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #22
Matador
hashiryu

Drives: Mk4 Supra
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripjammer View Post
Scion says no. We will never see Leather/alcantara seats and HIDS, and dual Zone AC. All we will ever get is push start in the Release Series FR-S next year. You don't need nav if you opt for the Bespoke. The Bespoke is probably better than the Nav system in the BRZ, because it will always be up to date because of your cell phone.

The leather Alcantara seats coupe be just seat covers, so price them at the subaru dealer parts department.

I'm willing to bet that at least one RS model will get the full package.
The 'FT' stands for 'forgot topic'.
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #23
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
I'm willing to bet that at least one RS model will get the full package.

I doubt we will ever get it with the dual zone ac. Push start with proximity is easy to add, they did it with the tC.

The bespoke is going to be a failure, unless they add it as standard equipment in model year 2014.

They said they were going to continually update the cars every year, so we will see.

They need to make the HIDs standard on the FR-S. That is all it really lacks that will be hard and very expensive to add later. I wonder who made that decision not to offer hids on the FR-S?

LED taillights and halogen headlights...hmmm does not seem to go together well.
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:19 PM   #24
ngabdala
Vortech Supercharged

Drives: WRB BRZ 6MT LTD
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Maybe they assume we're all spirited drivers. No one sees our car until we pass them nearing the engine red line so all they see is the rear tail lights

Oh and you guys don't want factory or bespoke nav. There are beautiful pioneer nav and multimedia systems that are iphone and android compatible. They are the shit. The one I like goes for $800. Fuck Bespoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripjammer View Post
I doubt we will ever get it with the dual zone ac. Push start with proximity is easy to add, they did it with the tC.

The bespoke is going to be a failure, unless they add it as standard equipment in model year 2014.

They said they were going to continually update the cars every year, so we will see.

They need to make the HIDs standard on the FR-S. That is all it really lacks that will be hard and very expensive to add later. I wonder who made that decision not to offer hids on the FR-S?

LED taillights and halogen headlights...hmmm does not seem to go together well.
ngabdala is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nav, options, pricing, seat, sound