follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 01-22-2014, 03:32 PM   #2815
Ryan86
Road Warrior

Drives: Toyota 86 Satin Pearl White
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxscaxx View Post
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...postcount=2671

So I checked my coolant bottle together for my intercooler and its low again, right on the low mark. How many times did you guys have to fill it back up after first fill, if any?

Not sure if I need to check it while cool or not, but that was right when I got to work and shut the car off.
The coolant is non pressurized, pumped through the system. If you filled up the require liters and you pumped out any air, you should not have used that much coolant.
Hot or cold won't matter.
Top up to max line, run car and keep an eye on the coolant, if you find you drop back down to low mark, look for signs of a leak.
Ryan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:35 PM   #2816
xxscaxx

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan86 View Post
The coolant is non pressurized, pumped through the system. If you filled up the require liters and you pumped out any air, you should not have used that much coolant.
Hot or cold won't matter.
Top up to max line, run car and keep an eye on the coolant, if you find you drop back down to low mark, look for signs of a leak.
yeah thats what i figured honestly. I know there was some air slightly still in the lines, so I knew it would drop a little. But twice like this, just wanted to see if anyone else had to fill up a few times.

I'm pretty certain I don't have a leak. Coolant smells horrible and even a pindrop burning off somewhere is so easily identifiable once you pop the hood. If I was losing that much coolant, i'd definitely smell it.

I will check it out though, thanks @Ryan86.
xxscaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:36 PM   #2817
CK_Bladesmith

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
What if it's leaking down into the manifold from the laminova core?
Raven FR-S mods: Unichip, Ground Control street coilovers with camber plates and strut tower brace, SPC Lca's, Drag DR-38 wheels with Dunlop Direzza DZ101s, Perrin CAI and silicone inlet tube, Perrin 3" resonated catback, Perrin high flow catted front pipe, Rev Works UEL header.
CK_Bladesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:39 PM   #2818
xxscaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK_Bladesmith View Post
That would be probably undetectable, but I hope not. Don't need coolant going into the clyinders
Old 01-22-2014, 03:40 PM   #2819
NIKOLA

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S in Ultramarine
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohnx View Post
Stock injectors are fine for over 300whp (I believe @DeliciousTuning is approaching 400 whp on stock injectors for one of his turbo tunes, and they actually run a lot smoother on my car than the DW700's did). The pump however will likely need to be upgraded.
Okay.....Stick with stock injectors.....check. However, which pump are we talking about? The fuel pump or the High Pressure Fuel Pump for the direct injectors (AKA Cricket sound maker)? I see no specification as to "which" pump is being referred to for an upgrade. Also, Innovate doesn't include injectors or a pump for the upgrade.

Okay, back to the "Innovate" tunes. What HP/Torque are they providing? Naturally, I'm curious since I haven't seen any numbers for this SC other than "Tuner" numbers. Plus, if I need to get the SC/engine tuned then I want to make sure that I find a great tuner who knows what he/she is doing and not some kind of "Frankenstein" Mad Scientist that will blow up my car.
Currently driving a Sprintex Supercharged FR-S in Ultramarine with an Invidia N1 Catback with Catless Front Pipe, Invidia Over Pipe, Injen Catless 4:1 EL Headers, Perrin Aluminum Drive Pulley & Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Driveshaft. Also, looking to upgrade wheels someday to Enkei PF01's (17x8's).
NIKOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 03:43 PM   #2820
Ryan86
Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK_Bladesmith View Post
That's the problem I had, the O rings in the core did not seal properly causing boost to leak into the cooler and manifold.
How you pick this up is you will notice coolant dropping each time you drive and give hard pulls. Should see coolant which came out the bottle cap.
Also the car will feel very jerky down low.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:44 PM   #2821
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKOLA View Post
Okay.....Stick with stock injectors.....check. However, which pump are we talking about? The fuel pump or the High Pressure Fuel Pump for the direct injectors (AKA Cricket sound maker)? I see no specification as to "which" pump is being referred to for an upgrade. Also, Innovate doesn't include injectors or a pump for the upgrade.
It's the in tank pump that needs to be upgraded. Most people are using the DW65c. There are no replacements for the HPFP yet.
xjohnx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xjohnx For This Useful Post:
NIKOLA (01-22-2014)
Old 01-22-2014, 03:44 PM   #2822
xxscaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan86 View Post
That's the problem I had, the O rings in the core did not seal properly causing boost to leak into the cooler and manifold.
How you pick this up is you will notice coolant dropping each time you drive and give hard pulls. Should see coolant which came out the bottle cap.
Also the car will feel very jerky down low.
you mean the o ring strips on top?

I know mine were definitely in place. Also, I don't ever get on the car, because i'm in the process of getting some issues tuned out, so I am driving very easy. Plus, no jerkiness down low of any kind. Or coolant coming out the bottle cap.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:51 PM   #2823
Ryan86
Road Warrior

Quote:

Okay, back to the "Innovate" tunes. What HP/Torque are they providing? Naturally, I'm curious since I haven't seen any numbers for this SC other than "Tuner" numbers. Plus, if I need to get the SC/engine tuned then I want to make sure that I find a great tuner who knows what he/she is doing and not some kind of "Frankenstein" Mad Scientist that will blow up my car.
Intercooled kit and tuned by @DeliciousTuning.. If there is anyone that has had problem with this kit it's me.... Bill knows this kit backwards and his tune is simply superb. A Tuner you can rely on...
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan86 For This Useful Post:
CK_Bladesmith (01-22-2014)
Old 01-22-2014, 03:53 PM   #2824
Ryan86
Road Warrior

Quote:

Intercooled kit and tuned by @DeliciousTuning.. If there is anyone that has had problem with this kit it's me.... Bill knows this kit backwards and his tune is simply superb. A Tuner you can rely on...
Dyno showing the gains from stock to Suprcharged on 91Oct
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2014, 03:53 PM   #2825
CK_Bladesmith

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Innovate Supercharger Owners Topic

Ryan yours was leaking into the manifold correct? Disregard this post. Page didn't refresh for me
Raven FR-S mods: Unichip, Ground Control street coilovers with camber plates and strut tower brace, SPC Lca's, Drag DR-38 wheels with Dunlop Direzza DZ101s, Perrin CAI and silicone inlet tube, Perrin 3" resonated catback, Perrin high flow catted front pipe, Rev Works UEL header.
CK_Bladesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:03 PM   #2826
Ryan86
Road Warrior

Quote:
you mean the o ring strips on top?

I know mine were definitely in place. Also, I don't ever get on the car, because i'm in the process of getting some issues tuned out, so I am driving very easy. Plus, no jerkiness down low of any kind. Or coolant coming out the bottle cap.
Not the o rings from the adapter, the o rings inside the actual core. If you not pulling then you could be sucking coolant into the manifold.
This is worse case scenario
Top up and run car again if you notice coolant dropped again to low mark you may have a leak or you did not top enough coolant causing air lock.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:09 PM   #2827
xxscaxx

I don't remember fittings going into the actual core, unless I'm misunderstanding lol. Either way I'll just top off and go from there.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:15 PM   #2828
Ryan86
Road Warrior

Quote:
I don't remember fittings going into the actual core, unless I'm misunderstanding lol. Either way I'll just top off and go from there.
If you open up the core these are the o rings sealing the coolant running through the core. Look at the condition on my o rings, can understand why they did not seal, causing it to leak into the manifold.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ryan86 For This Useful Post:
CK_Bladesmith (01-22-2014), xxscaxx (01-22-2014)

Tags
2 whp better than n/a e85, 2 whp? you're an idiot., 2screwsbetterthan0screw, 65 whp better than na e85, bspt fittings ftl, hate u all me no have sc, im just here for the tags, inorite!, it's no turbo but, only big numbers matter, screwyou, whine sexier than turbo, whines_more_than_your_gf, wts grey market butthurt.