follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-23-2012, 08:41 PM   #43
S2kphile
Resident HoneyBadger

Drives: Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn248 View Post
Use the money on booze and girls and enjoy college. After you graduate and have a steady income buy the car. Jm2c

College is all about experiences & people but if owning the car is more enjoyable then go for it.

Walk like a King, Be like a Sir, Swag it out like a Boss
S2kphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #44
jwuwu

Drives: BRZ WRB Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Do what you want to do, just don't regret it.
jwuwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #45
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I had an 88 Mustang that was purchased for me by my grandmother, not running well and covered in primer, when I was 14. That was my first car, and my father and I put a lot of work into it so it could be driven when I got my license. I didn't go straight to college out of high school. I worked retail full time, lived at home with my parents, garaged (and eventually sold) the Mustang and bought a Celica GT-S. Used, but still, it was exactly what I wanted and I got it for what I later learned was a steal. Still, all of my money went into the car and my girlfriend. At least the latter half was worth it since I ended up marrying her. I ended up selling the car after my insurance company got bought by another, can't remember the details. Long story short, my insurance premiums doubled through no fault of my own. Bought a new Protege5 that insurance+car payment was less than what I had been paying. Came into enough money to pay the car off quickly, drove it for four years, and traded up when the transmission started acting up. Put myself in a MKV GTI. I loved the car but it would've made more financial sense to fix the transmission than buy a new car. Luckily, fate doesn't completely detest me, and the dealership decided to crash it while it was in for warranty work, not too long before I got laid off when my store closed. Dodged a bullet.

Haven't owned my "own" car since 08, since we can get along with just one and I have a company vehicle. I drive the baby hauler Camry now, and am doing it the proper way this time. Paying off what little debt I do have, and then will be buying a new car. Priorities first, splurge later. That is, unless I get a job that decides they want to just about double my salary (fingers crossed!)

Do I regret it? No, I can't really say that I do. My only regret is ever getting rid of my fox body Mustang. But would I do the same if I knew then what I know now? No way.
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #46
easybreazy

Drives: Prelude to FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by feedbag View Post
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Okay seriously, it's been bothering me for a few days now, what the hell does this mean?

By the way, I pay $40/mth for insurance, I know I know, sucks to be me.
easybreazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #47
zigzagz94
BRZerhood Lurker #13

Drives: 15 DGM BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by easybreazy View Post
Okay seriously, it's been bothering me for a few days now, what the hell does this mean?

By the way, I pay $40/mth for insurance, I know I know, sucks to be me.
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/has-an...look-more-like

Welcome to the interwebs search engines are your friend
Old 06-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #48
easybreazy

Drives: Prelude to FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Okay I must be getting old, I can't even speak internet anymore.
easybreazy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to easybreazy For This Useful Post:
WRXGuy1 (06-26-2012)