follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 06-08-2017, 02:02 PM   #1
execute1902

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Replacement camshaft sensor plug?

Hello everyone, I have been lurking through these forums for the 9 months I have owned my 2014 BRZ and I appreciate all the information out there that this wonderful place has provided. There is one issue I could not find and look for your help to better understand what exactly I am looking for, if you could...

A few weeks ago I had a small fire that started due to a bird building a nest within two days, and the heat of the engine igniting the nest. This fire took place near my camshaft sensor (B- passenger side) and it burned the insulation off of the wiring to the camshaft. The three wires had their copper touching which I didn't realize until I got home to inspect the damage further. I wrapped each wire with electrical tape to prevent them from touching and then put the wires in heat resistant loom. I had a check engine light which I pulled codes P0365 P0366 and lastly P0013. My first thought was that the camshaft sensor itself was damaged so I replaced the part, and the CEL went off for 10 seconds, but quickly returned and now I am at a stump. I only figure I could repair the wiring harness further and replace the plugs, as the current plugs are still very damaged(without the clip) I attached multiple picture if you could offer your assistance and knowledge to point me in the right direction I would be very appreciative. Thank you for your time and help!

Pictures of wiring harness and codes: https://imgur.com/gallery/pZFoJ
execute1902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:05 PM   #2
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
See attached wiring diagram

Page 103 shows Camshaft position sensors.

Check continuity of the red and blue/red wires to other cam sensors.

Check continuity of wire to Connector AC-1 in engine bay see page 46 and 400
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BRZwiring.pdf (3.25 MB, 587 views)
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:10 PM   #3
execute1902

Thank you for your response Steve, but I am not sure if that is what I am looking for, and if it is I apologize.

What I am wanting to do, basically, is to cut the current plug and re-attach a non burnt plug end, so it will click into the new oem camshaft position sensor. I am just not sure the name of the plug in question, or if it is even possible to buy one beside a junk yard cutting one off of a vehicle. Nonetheless thank you for your time
Old 06-08-2017, 07:28 PM   #4
execute1902

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
See attached wiring diagram

Page 103 shows Camshaft position sensors.

Check continuity of the red and blue/red wires to other cam sensors.

Check continuity of wire to Connector AC-1 in engine bay see page 46 and 400

Sorry I see now what you were saying, I am at work at has a lot going on when I read that. I will ensure continuity of the wire when I get off, I appreciate the response. Still though if some one knows the name of the plug or a part number to replace the piece that actually connects to the camshaft position sensor it would be greatly appreciated
Old 06-09-2017, 01:52 AM   #5
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by execute1902 View Post
Sorry I see now what you were saying, I am at work at has a lot going on when I read that. I will ensure continuity of the wire when I get off, I appreciate the response. Still though if some one knows the name of the plug or a part number to replace the piece that actually connects to the camshaft position sensor it would be greatly appreciated

Unfortunatly toyota probably doent sell the plug as a separate part, you might have to buy the entire loom section. Maybe see if you can get one from a wrecked car
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote