follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 06-15-2016, 01:45 PM   #15
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,057 Times in 8,329 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZionsWrath View Post
What members requested this? I have been viewing these forums since before this car even came out.

WHat different news? The car is the same, no significant changes have been brand specific.

Brand snobbery is a thing?

Ok you like it that way, shoulda just said that since you run the site lol
You were viewing these forums since before this car even came out? You wanna brag about your time here? Well so is several thousands of members have been here and active way before you. Some are active since dark ages (early '10~ late '11). Where were you in dark ages? Cuz I sure don't remember you posting to helping this forum.

What members? A ton of members. There were many pointless argument comparing Toyota & Subaru. Separate them to different general section stop this bitching. Admin had to ban countless members from this pointless arguments.

What different news? Toyota had news of '17 model shown NYIAS. While SoA just barely shown '17. THAT difference.

Brand snob are a things. Hate to see it, but still a thing.

I like it organized DOESN'T mean, admin agree with me. I'm just a mod and last one was just my opinion.

& if you like that answer, I'll say it this way. Cuz admin made it that way. That's why. Better?

Edit:
Making it clear. IDC if it merged into one or kept it separate. BUT excuse of merging is "I have to do extra click on the mouse." or other pointless excuses, I'm ignoring it.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:13 PM   #16
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,285 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramicci101 View Post
That's good, 'cause Subaru would totally win.
Nah we got you by sheer weight of numbers.
86kahl (06-18-2016), Pat.Thornton (06-16-2016), stock (06-16-2016), STV3 (06-16-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 02:29 PM   #17
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,285 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
You were viewing these forums since before this car even came out? You wanna brag about your time here? Well so is several thousands of members have been here and active way before you. Some are active since dark ages (early '10~ late '11). Where were you in dark ages? Cuz I sure don't remember you posting to helping this forum.

What members? A ton of members. There were many pointless argument comparing Toyota & Subaru. Separate them to different general section stop this bitching. Admin had to ban countless members from this pointless arguments.

What different news? Toyota had news of '17 model shown NYIAS. While SoA just barely shown '17. THAT difference.

Brand snob are a things. Hate to see it, but still a thing.

I like it organized DOESN'T mean, admin agree with me. I'm just a mod and last one was just my opinion.

& if you like that answer, I'll say it this way. Cuz admin made it that way. That's why. Better?

Edit:
Making it clear. IDC if it merged into one or kept it separate. BUT excuse of merging is "I have to do extra click on the mouse." or other pointless excuses, I'm ignoring it.
I have not been here the longest but if anybody wants to compete with frequency they better step up.

How long people have been on the forum should be irrelevant in relation to how active they have been when here. Some dude that posted 3 questions since 2010 can brag all he wants about how long he has been here but his contribution equates to nothing.

I have read many of those old arguments and some are just hilarious. Arguing points on cars that were not even built yet was just silly.

Loads of different news, points and discussions between the two. Many people never even leave their respective sections. This also applies to many of the Regional subs since people never leave them. They just don't care and to wade through a bunch of threads just to find the little specific snippets they want makes no sense.

There may be a handful of true brand snobs left at this point but the vast majority of the comments are pure banter. If somebody does not get the concept of banter then they are going to have a bad time on the internet anyway.

I also like it organized. Sure it compartmentalizes some and we end up with the same subjects in several places but it certainly keeps the thread lists more orderly. Hell, I bet I send 6 or 7 reports in a day to the Mods pointing out threads that should be in other sections. I bet they get sick of it sometimes but contrary to appearances I love me some order.

Admin does as Admin wishes. This is not a democracy it is a forum.
86kahl (06-18-2016), mixtape (06-15-2016), Ultramaroon (06-15-2016), why? (06-16-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 02:42 PM   #18
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,057 Times in 8,329 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I have not been here the longest but if anybody wants to compete with frequency they better step up.

How long people have been on the forum should be irrelevant in relation to how active they have been when here. Some dude that posted 3 questions since 2010 can brag all he wants about how long he has been here but his contribution equates to nothing.

I have read many of those old arguments and some are just hilarious. Arguing points on cars that were not even built yet was just silly.

Loads of different news, points and discussions between the two. Many people never even leave their respective sections. This also applies to many of the Regional subs since people never leave them. They just don't care and to wade through a bunch of threads just to find the little specific snippets they want makes no sense.

There may be a handful of true brand snobs left at this point but the vast majority of the comments are pure banter. If somebody does not get the concept of banter then they are going to have a bad time on the internet anyway.

I also like it organized. Sure it compartmentalizes some and we end up with the same subjects in several places but it certainly keeps the thread lists more orderly. Hell, I bet I send 6 or 7 reports in a day to the Mods pointing out threads that should be in other sections. I bet they get sick of it sometimes but contrary to appearances I love me some order.

Admin does as Admin wishes. This is not a democracy it is a forum.
Damn... You wrote it longer. You could of just left it as last sentence lol

I don't brag about how long I've been here, how much I posted here nor I'm a mod here. Why? Cuz it's VERY irrelevant... EXCEPT, when member bring that up to make it some pointless point. I jokingly bring it up that I'm a mod & ban some of forum friends, but overall I don't judge anyone by join date, post number, or anything in general. If just joint member posting his/her first post w very solid comment to come old member trolling, I'll gladly ban the old member.

You only read few of funny ones. Some member went on threatening other member to killing or beating them up (iirc). It was getting out of hand. Even separating them, it was happening... but it calm down as time went on.

But seriously, this is admin's kingdom. He can do whatever he wants... BUT I haven't had much of his decision he made so far. Few maybe choices... but overall no complains
Old 06-15-2016, 02:56 PM   #19
mixtape
Posts in the nude

Drives: 2016 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Subaru forum has people who talk about Subaru dealers and the FRS has Scion/Toyota dealerships (when people have issues, have to deal with corporate, warranty questions, etc.), aside from Ichi's news point which I agree with 100%.

Brand snobbery may still be a thing but, in the end, they are still different brands. I don't see the pain in keeping them separate.

"Lesbian trees have no wood." - Scoobs McGee
mixtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:08 PM   #20
JD001

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Thanked 6,188 Times in 3,475 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
BRZ owners snobs? On this forum? You got to be kidding as some BRZ owners are way too busy installing TRD parts....
JD001 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JD001 For This Useful Post:
86kahl (06-18-2016), Pat.Thornton (06-16-2016), Teseo (06-17-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 03:12 PM   #21
ZionsWrath
Thanks

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 3,100 Times in 1,498 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
lol, I was not even close to trying to saying I was a hipster. My point was I never seen posts of people wanting separate forums in my time viewing the forum which was long before I made account.

My point of this post is look at forum index. Twice as many people viewing frs forum vs brz forum. Why separate them when 99% of posts between them are applicable to both cars?

Explain how I am wrong aside from "forum owner want it that way". Which is a totally valid reason, but I am just curious if there is another reason.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:17 PM   #22
fumanchu1

Drives: 2013 Brz C38 (bought not built :P)
Thanked 1,249 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
They are the same, hence twin, not siblings, sisters, (shudder) or brothers.
so you're suggesting twins are the same person both inside and out? You would get brutally beaten by a lot of twins, twins are siblings and therefore the basis of your argument is invalidated.
fumanchu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fumanchu1 For This Useful Post:
86kahl (06-18-2016), Leonardo (06-15-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 03:18 PM   #23
ZionsWrath
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanchu1 View Post
so you're suggesting twins are the same person both inside and out? You would get brutally beaten by a lot of twins, twins are siblings and therefore the basis of your argument is invalidated.
We must go deeper
Old 06-15-2016, 03:28 PM   #24
fumanchu1

Quote:
We must go deeper
Where's your push start button? that's what I thought we can't mingle with peasants
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fumanchu1 For This Useful Post:
86kahl (06-18-2016), AznBRZer (06-17-2016), gramicci101 (06-15-2016), soulreapersteve (06-16-2016), Ultramaroon (06-15-2016), why? (06-16-2016), ZionsWrath (06-15-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 03:35 PM   #25
ZionsWrath
Thanks

Shit i got a premium. Does that mean i really have a frs?? Mind fucked
Old 06-15-2016, 03:37 PM   #26
fumanchu1

Quote:
Shit i got a premium. Does that mean i really have a frs?? Mind fucked
eww they make those where you're from? seriously never seen one lol all brz (sport-tech) or peasant mobiles
The Following User Says Thank You to fumanchu1 For This Useful Post:
86kahl (06-18-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 03:38 PM   #27
Leonardo
Country Boy 4 Life

Drives: 19' & 06' Ridgelines, 13' FR-S
Thanked 5,291 Times in 2,720 Posts
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanchu1 View Post

I get what you are saying.

Your argument is that Twin people can't be the same, because they are two different people. OK, I'm down with that. So, my analogy is not the best. People do not come off an assembly line in the thousands. (unless we are really in the matrix)

The twins do though...
Some twins have work done, Like some human twins. (boob jobs and the like) They will be different from the other twin because of this. But, ultimately a stock BRZ and stock FR-S are well matched, and are 95+% the same parts. One will not "Brutally beat" the other. Additionally, almost all parts are interchangeable.

Edit: Except making the wife happy with dual climate. The 10 series has it though...
Leonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 03:45 PM   #28
shiumai

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ, 2020 C8 Corvette
Thanked 1,893 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD001 View Post
BRZ owners snobs? On this forum? You got to be kidding as some BRZ owners are way too busy installing TRD parts....
Oh, there are purist BRZ owners who go "ewwww" when other BRZ owners install TRD parts on their BRZs. Brand dilution! the horror!

i like having separate forums for the reasons mentioned in previous posts. different news, different trim levels, models, STI vs TRD etc. it also makes it easier to sort through pictures as the front bumpers are different, and spoilers/aftermarket bumpers don't interchange. when i want to see how a front spoiler would look on the BRZ, it'd be frustrating to sort through pics of FR-S's and 86's without a separate photo section.

the BRZ and FR-S differ by more than just colour, and we have separate sections for each colour.

i don't see it as any different from having my files/data/photos well-organized into folders on my computer.
shiumai is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shiumai For This Useful Post:
JD001 (06-15-2016)