follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 07-14-2018, 12:15 AM   #1205
zero_limits

Drives: Subaru BRZ 2017 PP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hello,

I am about to marry OFT to my car for the first time.

I have a 17 BRZ. I noticed the first post mentions to select Ft86, and if that doesn't work to select BRZ/FRS.
Should I still follow that tip and select Toyota->FT86 as my vehicle when marrying, even though I have a brz?
Or should I select the brz option first?

not sure if it matters, I just don't wanna mess up marrying my car for the first time.

Thanks
zero_limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:12 AM   #1206
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero_limits View Post
Hello,

I am about to marry OFT to my car for the first time.

I have a 17 BRZ. I noticed the first post mentions to select Ft86, and if that doesn't work to select BRZ/FRS.
Should I still follow that tip and select Toyota->FT86 as my vehicle when marrying, even though I have a brz?
Or should I select the brz option first?

not sure if it matters, I just don't wanna mess up marrying my car for the first time.

Thanks

Use which ever option works toyota 86 or brz or frs the ecu are all same
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 02:05 PM   #1207
hachigoku

Drives: BRZ, E90 M3
Hi,

I am looking for some advice about the OFT v2.

I have plugged the tablet into my BRZ's OBDII port and the "Read" button is grey out. I tried to write a tune and I am receiving an error code that displays "ECU number mismatching ECU Write Denied". This in retrospect shouldn't have been done.

The previous owner's VIN is still logged and unfortunately the previous owner no longer has the car.

I have tried to take on some self resolution for my issue by updating the tablet to the latest version of software.

I tried to use the Erase Data function in the Open Flash Manager desktop app was not able erase the data unfortunately.

A suggestion to resolve this error would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your time!
hachigoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:22 AM   #1208
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hachigoku View Post
Hi,

I am looking for some advice about the OFT v2.

I have plugged the tablet into my BRZ's OBDII port and the "Read" button is grey out. I tried to write a tune and I am receiving an error code that displays "ECU number mismatching ECU Write Denied". This in retrospect shouldn't have been done.

The previous owner's VIN is still logged and unfortunately the previous owner no longer has the car.

I have tried to take on some self resolution for my issue by updating the tablet to the latest version of software.

I tried to use the Erase Data function in the Open Flash Manager desktop app was not able erase the data unfortunately.

A suggestion to resolve this error would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your time!

So ds like tablet still married to other guys car

If he hasnt written back stock tune beforeche sold it to you is basicly a brick

See first post in this post about un marying tablet
Old 07-23-2018, 01:20 AM   #1209
hachigoku

Drives: BRZ, E90 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
So ds like tablet still married to other guys car

If he hasnt written back stock tune beforeche sold it to you is basicly a brick

See first post in this post about un marying tablet

We're good to go. The car wasn't sold yet by the dealership and was able to write back to stock. The tablet is now married to my car.

Thank you for the response!
hachigoku is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hachigoku For This Useful Post:
steve99 (07-23-2018)
Old 07-25-2018, 08:25 AM   #1210
lc300

Drives: 2014 BRZ Sport Tech
Anyone have the tablet mounted in the car somewhere to datalog? I can’t figure out where to put it and the cable supplied is too short and gets in the way of driving.
lc300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:50 AM   #1211
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,895 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Open Flash Tablet - OFT TIPS Trick’s & FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc300 View Post
Anyone have the tablet mounted in the car somewhere to datalog? I can’t figure out where to put it and the cable supplied is too short and gets in the way of driving.

You can find a $10 OBD extension cord at Amazon. I have that snaked behind my dash so the cable comes out by the A pillar. Then a suction cup to the windshield.

You can also wire a switch on the power wire of the extension, that way you can turn the tablet off if you're leaving he car parked for a few days.
Yoshoobaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:59 PM   #1212
martinas
Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Question

hi!

how important is the secondary O2 sensor?
i've got 1320 performance uel manifold ant the hole for second O2 sensor is positioned so it's very hard to put sensor in properly, it hits the frame. so i'm using provided extension which is bended 90 degrees (and usually is used for tricking the sensor), but i'm afraid that now oft tune will not get proper readings from it.

thanks!
martinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:14 PM   #1213
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinas View Post
hi!

i've got 1320 performance uel manifold ant the hole for second O2 sensor is positioned so it's very hard to put sensor in properly, it hits the frame. so i'm using provided extension which is bended 90 degrees (and usually is used for tricking the sensor), but i'm afraid that now oft tune will not get proper readings from it.

thanks!

It should be ok as the rear o2 is not primary fueling sensor. The rear is only ised for cat efficiency check ( disabled in most tumes) and cruise fueling. Monotor AF#3 correction if you see anything over a couple of percent then you may need to disable AF#3 corrections. But spacer in REAR 02 sensor is generally ok
Old 07-26-2018, 09:03 PM   #1214
bryan86tx

Drives: raven widebody
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinas View Post
hi!

thanks!
Yea the rear o2 isnt detrimental, i routed my gauge o2 sensor into that hole and unplugged the sensor completely. I just got a error code for voltage check or something, i cant remember but i had it bypassed in the oft tune. You will be okay without a defouler as long as you have an oft tune.
bryan86tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:56 PM   #1215
PAKC

Drives: BRZ
Hi, would like to know if anyone bought OFT and uses in Asia country like Singapore?
PAKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:28 PM   #1216
thornad

Drives: 2016 GT86 N/A
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
My car was totaled. Can I use OFT on other car without unmarring it?

My car was totaled / written off by insurance. I don't have access to it anymore.. Can I use OFT on other car without having access to the car's ECU it was married to? Is there any other way to reset it to 'unmarried' ?
Thank you.
thornad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:08 PM   #1217
foxx

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannytkp View Post
Ok now that explains. I think you are right, its just the tablet problem. Thanks for the explanation.

I've probably sent Shiv 6 emails already but yet to get any reply. My cellphone can't reach America so i can only contact him with email.

Thanks again Steven, you are way more helpful.
Was this ever resolved? My brand new OFTv2 is having the same behavior with my 2016 Subaru BRZ. Was stock, got nearly new from CarMax, and the first time I plugged in the tablet it claimed it "read" everything okay.

However now it behaves exactly as described. You click "tuning" and it gives the mismatch error, you plug it into OpenFlash Manager and it claims it's not married to anything. Properly communicates with the ECU, pulls the version and whatnot just fine, but refuses to either be updated or to give access to the Tuning menu.

I've opened a ticket with openflashtuning but it sounds like that may not be the right way to get ahold of the company?
foxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 01:37 PM   #1218
Qwimby1

Drives: 14 FRS Monogram, 05 Mazdasped Miata
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Getting a non-compliant error

BIN files won't load into OFT. Error says file is non complaint. I've had little success reading their FAQs. I'm waiting for an email reply from OFT tech but they tell me it could be two days at least. No phone support is a bummer.
Qwimby1 is offline   Reply With Quote