follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 12-18-2022, 04:54 AM   #29
ravenwrx

Drives: 2018 brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I have a '22 BRZ with camber plates, RLCA's and brakes - otherwise stock.

Im currently running with -3 camber in front and -2 in rear as I *think* that was the recommended setup from some fairly respectable drivers - i could be wrong here.

I've been getting LOADS of push mid-corner. It's extremely hard to get the car rotated for exit. Initial turn-in is basically fine though, so it's not like the rear is too soft or anything so I don't really understand it.

The issue is more or less the same running on the stock 18" rims + tires and also with Toyo RR's 225/45/17s (semi-slicks).

Do others experience this? What are my options to dial it out (cheaply)?
I have a 2022 BRZ and here is what i did to help the car rotate. I left the front suspension alone and bought take off suspension from a GR86 and the rear sway bar (which is just a 2017-2020 BRZ stock bar). The car definitely rotates better now, did 2 track days so far. One track day stock and one with swapping the rear parts over. Here is a video, as you can see the car rotates easily now, I am very happy with this setup! Hope this helps you out and I am running camber bolts up front -2.

ravenwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ravenwrx For This Useful Post:
Icecreamtruk (12-20-2022), SCFD (12-18-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 09:09 PM   #30
Icecreamtruk

Drives: Track preped NA FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenwrx View Post
I have a 2022 BRZ and here is what i did to help the car rotate. I left the front suspension alone and bought take off suspension from a GR86 and the rear sway bar (which is just a 2017-2020 BRZ stock bar). The car definitely rotates better now, did 2 track days so far. One track day stock and one with swapping the rear parts over. Here is a video, as you can see the car rotates easily now, I am very happy with this setup! Hope this helps you out and I am running camber bolts up front -2.

That looks like a lot of driving actually I cant tell for sure because of no data but it looks to me like you are trailing properly and not getting too early on the gas. Good stuff.
Icecreamtruk is offline   Reply With Quote