follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 10-14-2020, 09:16 PM   #29
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
@evomike What's your preferred solution to badly hazed headlights?
best solution is headlamp replacement.

some of the buffing kits any auto parts store sells do work, for about 6mo-3years depending on the quality of the job and the conditions the lights are subjected to.
Old 10-15-2020, 12:21 PM   #30
gravitylover

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT White
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
best solution is headlamp replacement.

some of the buffing kits any auto parts store sells do work, for about 6mo-3years depending on the quality of the job and the conditions the lights are subjected to.
I prefer not to spend $800 or more for 2 headlights so I'd like to try getting them buffed first. I'd be fine if they last a year and I have to do it again.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:00 AM   #31
gravitylover

After all the well wishes and sound advice about buying a used Range Rover I think I'm going to get vanity plates that say- L POD. Then possibly put this sticker next to the license plates https://images.app.goo.gl/3R74y4kPhW9hfaD39
Old 10-26-2020, 10:14 AM   #32
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
After all the well wishes and sound advice about buying a used Range Rover I think I'm going to get vanity plates that say- L POD. Then possibly put this sticker next to the license plates https://images.app.goo.gl/3R74y4kPhW9hfaD39
He fears the light
He fears the truth
He fears what's going to be
He spits on life
He spits on God
He spits up death for you and me
gravitylover (10-26-2020)
Old 10-26-2020, 01:42 PM   #33
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,240 Times in 8,609 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My oldest son once came home with a Rover. "Nightmare" doesn't even begin to describe our experience with the brand. I wouldn't take one if you gave it to me.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 03:46 PM   #34
gravitylover

It's all good, my skin is getting thicker

Never trust a mechanic, right? This is actually the first time in over 20 years that I will be. It's at my friends Euro service shop and he assures me that it's good to go. He has been all through it, it has new brakes all around, new tires, fresh fluids including new tranny filter, replaced the right rear pressure sensor, fixed a vacuum leak, cleared the roof drains and solved a couple of little things that didn't really matter. These things have WAY TOO MANY sensors haha I have it in the plan to replace the unnecessarily troublesome air suspension with a coil setup if anything goes wrong. I figure while it may have a nice ride it can't be worth the bother, I've never had it, haven't missed it or wanted for it so I don't think I'll care if it's not there.

Mechanically they seem pretty robust, other than maybe the control arm bushings, and not bad to work on so if I think of it as the cheap truck it's turning out to be and not get emotionally attached all should end well (as long as it doesn't strand me somewhere in a rain/snow/you name it terrible storm) I don't care that the body is NY metro area abused.

@Tcoat and it's Alice Cooper so it's doubly good.
Old 11-01-2020, 04:51 PM   #35
gravitylover

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bDKyhrejv6yAp1CNA

Acres of leather and maple wood. The paint and body needs some tlc for sure but knowing me I'll ony do the absolute basics because the outside is just gonna get beat up again. It's a fuggin beast at WOT The noise from the supercharger and exhaust is intoxicating, gonna have to open up the exhaust a bit and let that throaty ass Jag motor roar. From everything I'm hearing the motor is the one thing I don't have to worry about too much in this thing, everything else is in that - LR? Yeah maybe... - zone so we'll see.

IMO those Brembos are luxobarge soft and need to be firmed up, gotta figure out how to do that. If the air shocks can't be firmed up they're going away. Soon. I'm not into that 6,000 pound truck dive going into a turn thing at all and with 50/50 toque split and nearly limitless torque that's probably the first thing I'm dialing out. I really don't need the plush ride these things are known for anyway. There are also surprisingly inexpensive tunes to give it another 85lb of torque and make it scary

Hopefully my buddy is right about the mechanical aspect and this turns out to be worth the effort and emotion going into it. He went all through it and it had a full dealer service with new supercharger belt and all other belts just a few k ago. In addition to electronic stuff and fixing an intake leak at the supercharger he did pads and rotors all around, new AT Winter tires and full fluid change. I'll exterminate a few bugs, chase some gremlins out and dial in body/sunroof stuff and then drive the shit out of it

Hey @evomike I need your help with a few things. Hit me up and lets schedule it.
Old 11-04-2020, 05:45 PM   #36
gravitylover

I had to start my car to move it in the driveway today because the power company is trimming trees around the line and it was 3 feet from one that's coming down before the week is over. Holy crap it sounds terrible Thwap BANG bam rattle rattle knock knok knok and a ratta tat tat

A few more because I like looking at it https://photos.app.goo.gl/zDczAm7ftjSakeWTA and in case you were wondering, superchargers are the shizzle