follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 10-07-2020, 02:11 PM   #15
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,253 Times in 7,346 Posts
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I am running the C1's and like them a lot. Something to note is that they eat up rotors if they are not in operating temp, so if you are in cooler weather swap them out when you are not on track for something streetable. The pad compounds are fairly consistent through the temp range and the material doesn't seem very compressible so they have good feel at the limit. My only complaint is price.

I would do a nut and bolt check to find your noise. It seems like every 6 months or so I find something on my car that has backed off, top hat, swaybar link, ect. Retighten CV axle nuts too. I had one click and it just needed snugged up again though I don't recall if I noticed the noise during any instance except for when I would back up and then take off forward again.

If you look in @rice_classic's SCCA T4 build thread, he tried an autozone CV axle and it didn't last at all.
slowmow (10-07-2020)
Old 10-07-2020, 05:36 PM   #16
slowmow

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post

I would do a nut and bolt check to find your noise. It seems like every 6 months or so I find something on my car that has backed off, top hat, swaybar link, ect. Retighten CV axle nuts too. I had one click and it just needed snugged up again though I don't recall if I noticed the noise during any instance except for when I would back up and then take off forward again.
Excellent, thanks. That is a good idea... wise to check everything rather than presume it is one thing. I just did a test drive and couldn't reproduce the noise on the street... perhaps unsurprisingly.

Do you feel like the C1 pads last long enough (or outperform) to make up for the price difference?
slowmow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 05:46 PM   #17
NoHaveMSG

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmow View Post

Do you feel like the C1 pads last long enough (or outperform) to make up for the price difference?
Compared to the XP10's, hell yeah, gladly pay the price difference. I have around 8+ track days on mine and 20K miles and they are only about a 1/3 gone or so.

I just plan to try a few different compounds from a few other companies this next year.
Old 10-07-2020, 06:17 PM   #18
slowmow

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
Compared to the XP10's, hell yeah, gladly pay the price difference. I have around 8+ track days on mine and 20K miles and they are only about a 1/3 gone or so.

I just plan to try a few different compounds from a few other companies this next year.
Have you tried Raybestos?
slowmow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 06:21 PM   #19
NoHaveMSG

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmow View Post
Have you tried Raybestos?
No, I went from PMU, to the XP10's, to the C1's.
slowmow (10-07-2020)