follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 04-15-2014, 06:08 PM   #99
diirk

Drives: 4Runner
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
http://www.fteightysix.com has the new ones

waiting on a Neptune Premium MT
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:34 PM   #100
Howardwei

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Spyder has some terrible services; I bought the lights from phastek. Both sides have wrong wiring as the signal light and running light were mismatched. Passenger side did not sit flush, cause condensation. The lights were sent back for warranty work. However one of the side was damaged by UPS carrier with the return label they provided by either phastek or spyder. It has been more than a month since I purchased and send back the following week after I got the delivery. I was told that UPS has not approved the claim so could not send me a new set?
What I do not understand is they have the side that is defected and that should be all that is needed to file through their broken warranty system. The customer service is not professional at all, and rude on response when being called by customer directly. I do not know if it is just me who happened to have to go through their warranty system, but the service I have received from them so far is disrespectful and unprofessional.
Howardwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:43 PM   #101
Frs32907

Drives: Asphalt grey, manual Fr-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howardwei View Post
Spyder has some terrible services; I bought the lights from phastek. Both sides have wrong wiring as the signal light and running light were mismatched. Passenger side did not sit flush, cause condensation. The lights were sent back for warranty work. However one of the side was damaged by UPS carrier with the return label they provided by either phastek or spyder. It has been more than a month since I purchased and send back the following week after I got the delivery. I was told that UPS has not approved the claim so could not send me a new set?
What I do not understand is they have the side that is defected and that should be all that is needed to file through their broken warranty system. The customer service is not professional at all, and rude on response when being called by customer directly. I do not know if it is just me who happened to have to go through their warranty system, but the service I have received from them so far is disrespectful and unprofessional.
Def agree... I bought mine from phastek and they have only been on my car for about 5 months and i have condensation. Spyder nor phastek want to address it. For what we spend they should attempt to help someway. Especially less than 6 months old
Frs32907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:00 PM   #102
dunnr
Boston WhiteOut

Drives: 2013 FR-S white-out, 2015 MB C300W4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frs32907 View Post
Def agree... I bought mine from phastek and they have only been on my car for about 5 months and i have condensation. Spyder nor phastek want to address it. For what we spend they should attempt to help someway. Especially less than 6 months old
Well that fu*king sucks,big time. I bought the black headlight and tail light last June and have not had any problems with them. Just lucky I guess.
dunnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:30 AM   #103
Howardwei

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
SPyder tails

I am starting to realize why they sell their product cheap. I am not even sure if the products sold actually passed quality control or they got them cheap because it is under spec. Got respond today saying that spyder would only do a full warranty on the whole set because they repair the ones customer sent back. So pretty much it means the tails are refurbished, and put back on market I assume. I wonder why. Some off specs are just meant to be discarded because it is not fixable. the curvature of the plastic cover etc...
Howardwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:43 PM   #104
yaguphire

Drives: white-out FR-S
Any pics with white chrome on whiteout fr-s?
yaguphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:44 PM   #105
yaguphire

Meant to say clear chrome
Old 01-22-2015, 01:42 PM   #106
FR-Z STI

Drives: FR-S
Garage
Just a question to anyone that has these installed. Do you guys have this gap that leaves the top of the headlight almost exposed? The top plastic cover isn't the same length as the OEM. I live in Vancouver and it rains a decent amount here and was worried about water leaking into my trunk or even condensation. Please see pictures.
Thanks.

FR-Z STI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:02 AM   #107
yaguphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-Z STI View Post
Just a question to anyone that has these installed. Do you guys have this gap that leaves the top of the headlight almost exposed? The top plastic cover isn't the same length as the OEM. I live in Vancouver and it rains a decent amount here and was worried about water leaking into my trunk or even condensation. Please see pictures.
Thanks.

Do u have condensation? I had two pairs that had condensation.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:31 PM   #108
FR-Z STI

Garage
I haven't had any condensation. I replaced the gaskets turns out when I bought them I didn't have a good look a the gaskets...They were the original OEM ones that were thin, so I changed them to the updated gaskets and seems to hold up fine. My bad nooby mistake.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:01 PM   #109
FR-Z STI

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howardwei View Post

After replacing my gasket I came to realize they were still having condensation issues. I tried calling Spyder direct and you are right. THEY ARE THE RUDEST PEOPLE I have ever dealt with. Not only do they sound grouchy or pissed when they answer the phone the wait time on call transfers is crazy. Im having condensation issues and the black on the housing is bubbling. All I got was a "go back to your vendor and discuss warranty and returns" Basically a fuck yourself and take your problem else where. I will never buy spyder products again nor recommend them to anyone. They look great but I wouldn't support a company that doesn't care about their customers.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:23 AM   #110
yaguphire

Mine had condensation and silicones that gasket on very well. Lots of defects with Spyder.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:09 PM   #111
yaguphire

I like the tail where are u guys getting your tail lights for spyder v1? Any condensation?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2019, 07:32 PM   #112
HaXx

Drives: jrsc_brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
sorry to gravedig, but i didnt feel this justifies making a new thread:
HOW CAN I MAKE THEM SEQUENTIAL?
i have a pre owned brz came with spyder v1 tails
they are supposedly sequential according to everything i see from vendors
mine are not sequential at the moment, any way i can set it to sequential? is there a switch or something?
im not sure if i have a very old model that were not made to be sequential or something
HaXx is offline   Reply With Quote