follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 02-10-2017, 03:37 PM   #10305
-Willis-86touge

Drives: Stock
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
This is purely a guess, but I would think a significantly larger compressor would take more power (IE more batteries) to match this level of boost, then increase it, and sustaining that boost for as long as the current compressor. I would also think this would increase the recharge rate. All of which are things that make this an attractive package. Having said that, if I am completely wrong then it would be cool to see someone do that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Your prob right but just as turbos are different in size so does Jackson make multiple diffent sizes. But all in all this is prob why it was developed the way it was. Still I'm an idea guy, and things just cross my mind and I figured it's better to share then not. Maybe one day I'll come up with something that helps!! And maybe I already have and nobody has tested my theory's!! Lol
-Willis-86touge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to -Willis-86touge For This Useful Post:
Reamer (02-10-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 10:47 PM   #10306
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Just want to inform everyone that Shiv finalized the flex fuel tune for the Phantom.

I have to say I really love not worrying about what fuel to use and just filling up where I please.

I recommend the flex setup... Not very expensive and easy to install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 05:24 AM   #10307
machineica

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S firestorm
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Is there updated pricing information available?
machineica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:05 AM   #10308
swarb

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,271 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by machineica View Post
Is there updated pricing information available?
It is around 2k. Besides the price, you need to be on the waiting list. Around 5 kits released per month and a long list means 12+ months of waiting. I'd say its closer to 18months.
swarb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to swarb For This Useful Post:
machineica (02-17-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 11:56 AM   #10309
fenton

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,614 Times in 726 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarb View Post
It is around 2k. Besides the price, you need to be on the waiting list. Around 5 kits released per month and a long list means 12+ months of waiting. I'd say its closer to 18months.
We have found the bottom of the list to be quite stale from the recent two kits that went out. I went through about 40 names so the list moved up quite a bit. I had two people pass on this one but are still interested.

Looking forward to seeing the two new kits installed, if all goes well hopefully more kits will come down the pipe
fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fenton For This Useful Post:
machineica (02-17-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 12:29 PM   #10310
Andrew025

Drives: Neptune GR86
Thanked 3,505 Times in 1,806 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post
We have found the bottom of the list to be quite stale from the recent two kits that went out. I went through about 40 names so the list moved up quite a bit. I had two people pass on this one but are still interested.

Looking forward to seeing the two new kits installed, if all goes well hopefully more kits will come down the pipe
I'm assuming most people lost interest/went a different route or don't even have the car any more.

It was about 2 years by the time I got the PM, possibly longer
Old 02-15-2017, 12:34 PM   #10311
fenton

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,614 Times in 726 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew025 View Post
I'm assuming most people lost interest/went a different route or don't even have the car any more.

It was about 2 years by the time I got the PM, possibly longer
Yes unfortunately not many kits were able to go out last year, hopefully this year will be different
fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:20 PM   #10312
pancake

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post
Yes unfortunately not many kits were able to go out last year, hopefully this year will be different
Hey fenton, sorry if this gets annoying - but can you post an updated list?
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:27 PM   #10313
GsxrMe

Drives: Late 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Whats the excuse for slow releases?
FBM Turbokit: GTX3076R - ECUTEK HRI FlexFuel tune - FBM 3" Turboback Exhaust - 550cc Injectors - Walbro 485 Fuel Pump - 4bar Map Sensor - FBM Oil Pan - ACT SB7-XTSS - AMSOIL all fluids - Forester XT Oil Cooler - Cusco engine, trans mounts - Whiteline rear differential bushings - Perrin shifter bushing - Firehawk 235/45/17 - AEM Failsafe
GsxrMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:34 PM   #10314
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GsxrMe View Post
Whats the excuse for slow releases?
Excuse? Really?

Rob isn't a marketer. He's an engineer that has never promised any specific timelines to manufacture anything. He builds, tests, and improves the kit at as he sees fit and releases them as he builds them (partially by hand). He takes no money up front, ever.

Don't know if this point is not driven home regularly enough. If that's not ok for a potential buyer, then they probably should be looking for a mass produced item of some other ilk.

Legit question. I see you're already FI, so is this a real concern of yours or just a sh*tpost?
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DAEMANO For This Useful Post:
Sosa (02-16-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 07:02 PM   #10315
GsxrMe

Drives: Late 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
Excuse? Really?

Rob isn't a marketer. He's an engineer that has never promised any specific timelines to manufacture anything. He builds, tests, and improves the kit at as he sees fit and releases them as he builds them (partially by hand). He takes no money up front, ever.

Don't know if this point is not driven home regularly enough. If that's not ok for a potential buyer, then they probably should be looking for a mass produced item of some other ilk.

Legit question. I see you're already FI, so is this a real concern of yours or just a sh*tpost?
Just a legit question, I could of sugar coated the question with sweet teriyaki sause next time but mostly intrested in production based on a thread with 700+ pages.

No pun intended.
FBM Turbokit: GTX3076R - ECUTEK HRI FlexFuel tune - FBM 3" Turboback Exhaust - 550cc Injectors - Walbro 485 Fuel Pump - 4bar Map Sensor - FBM Oil Pan - ACT SB7-XTSS - AMSOIL all fluids - Forester XT Oil Cooler - Cusco engine, trans mounts - Whiteline rear differential bushings - Perrin shifter bushing - Firehawk 235/45/17 - AEM Failsafe

Last edited by GsxrMe; 02-15-2017 at 07:12 PM.
GsxrMe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GsxrMe For This Useful Post:
FingR-S (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 07:50 PM   #10316
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GsxrMe View Post
Just a legit question, I could of sugar coated the question with sweet teriyaki sause next time but mostly intrested in production based on a thread with 700+ pages.

No pun intended.
There's a difference between sugar coating and basic civility.

In any case, the thread has 700 pages mostly because it's a pretty awesome new way of doing something that actually works.

Not to speak too much for him (Rob) at all, but instead to answer your question further than I did previously... essentially Rob isn't trying to sell a million kits. Instead to engineer a reliable and focused product. So his lower production numbers mean fewer kits to sell and longer wait times. He's ok with that. Some buyers are, and some are not. @fenton has hinted that more will be available this year, but didn't say how many. So I wouldn't imagine a huge upswing in production unless it's actually announced by @fenton or @Robftss .
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DAEMANO For This Useful Post:
Sosa (02-16-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 02:15 AM   #10317
Sosa
[||]--(86)--[||]

Drives: 2015 Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thank you @DAEMANO, there have been a lot of "take my money" & "make more" posts lately.

I've always viewed the Phantom project as a WIP/development story.

I admire the contributions @Robftss, @fenton, and yourself have made.

Keep up the great work, I cannot wait to have the funds so that I may add myself to the list!
Old 02-16-2017, 11:09 AM   #10318
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
Thank you @DAEMANO, there have been a lot of "take my money" & "make more" posts lately.

I've always viewed the Phantom project as a WIP/development story.

I admire the contributions @Robftss, @fenton, and yourself have made.

Keep up the great work, I cannot wait to have the funds so that I may add myself to the list!

Honestly add yourself to the list no matter what. You can always pass if you don't have the funds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sojhinn For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (02-16-2017), Sosa (02-17-2017)

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive