follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-27-2016, 09:16 PM   #15
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Well, that's a shame, Devante ........

If you were parked along the curb in a street, in order for the other car to hit the right front of your car, it would have had to have been moving on the "wrong" (ref flow of traffic) side of the street ... right .. ??

Or, did the neighbor's car back into your car .. ??

humfrz
From the description the neighbour was coming up beside the car and turned in too soon. That is why the bumper is pulled forward not pushed back.

mdm (06-27-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 09:34 PM   #16
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
From the description the neighbour was coming up beside the car and turned in too soon. That is why the bumper is pulled forward not pushed back.

Oh, thanks, Tcoat for "drawing me a picture".........

In that case, the neighbor just screwed up big time. Maybe he/she was "impaired" ??.........

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:47 PM   #17
Jayzl

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzie View Post

Sigh...Asian driver huh?
Jayzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:49 PM   #18
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayzl View Post
Sigh...Asian driver huh?
In Vancouver? Not likely.
krayzie (06-27-2016), NWFRS (06-28-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 09:50 PM   #19
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,513 Times in 18,917 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Wow. It just kept going on and on... Unbelievable.

Quote:
Vancouver unlicensed teen was trying to hide from a hit and drive.
*UPDATE*
Video of one of the worst parking jobs in human history has helped police nab a teenage driver suspected in a Vancouver hit and run accident.

On June 16, Vancouver police were called to an accident on West 36th Avenue, between Granville and Oak Streets.

VPD spokesperson Const. Brian Montague says a white Porsche Cayenne SUV had struck a parked vehicle and fled the scene.

“We didn’t have a whole lot to go on in the hit-and-run investigation … but a few days later we received a video which really helped us connect the dots,” he said.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:53 PM   #20
Dake

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacob View Post
Pretty sure I read the whole post, even read it more than once. It still comes across like your insinuating his more than legal parking job caused the problem.

Yeah, OP if you would have parked in the garage none of this would have happened. For shame!
No. I pretty clearly stated it shouldn't have happened. His idiot neighbor hit a non-moving obstacle.

That doesn't change the fact that he was parked over a foot away from the curb. Just because something is "legal" doesn't mean it's a good idea; it's legal for me to sit in the house and drink two bottles of whiskey every night, that doesn't mean I should (I try to keep it to one ). Likewise on a narrow street, regardless of being allowed to be up to 18" away from the curb, maybe it's a better idea to park closer to the curb - especially in something as low as our car.

I'll repeat just to be safe, he's not at fault. It may not have made any difference at all in the end either, but in the words of the NTSB his decision to park in that manner would be considered a "contributing factor".
Dake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:53 PM   #21
Devante
Crescent fresh at best.

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S - Asphalt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Yeah Tcoat's image is pretty much it. Except that my neighbor parks a good 50 feet away. Don't know why he decided to make it so close so far away from his spot ha.
Devante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:00 PM   #22
krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I mean if it was that Porsche kid, it could have been worse.

At least this neighbor of yours hung around and try to blame your FRS for being in the way.

One time my friend's teenage neighbor was driving to school with her Merc and managed to smash into the tree in front of his house. The driver just got out of the car and proceed to walk the rest of the way to school and abandoned the car. When the cops caught up with the kid at school, she thought she could just dump it there and garbage pickup would deal with it, and that her parents would just buy her a new one to replace the next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayzl View Post
Sigh...Asian driver huh?
In Toronto you would have to deal with these kids driving supercars in everyday traffic, just don't park near them.
krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:08 PM   #23
aegisdrgn

Drives: Scion FR-S 10 Series #2263
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
I mean if it was that Porsche kid, it could have been worse.

At least this neighbor of yours hung around and try to blame your FRS for being in the way.

One time my friend's teenage neighbor was driving to school with her Merc and managed to smash into the tree in front of his house. The driver just got out of the car and proceed to walk the rest of the way to school and abandoned the car. When the cops caught up with the kid at school, she thought she could just dump it there and garbage pickup would deal with it, and that her parents would just buy her a new one to replace the next day.

In Toronto you would have to deal with these kids in supercars everyday, just don't park near them.
...affluenza...?
aegisdrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aegisdrgn For This Useful Post:
krayzie (06-27-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 10:15 PM   #24
Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Drives: No twin now.
Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
I dont think many people would look at 15 inches away from a curb and think "oh shit... that is way more than the foot away i was taught" seriously, its three effing inches and it was a parked car. Ass clown shouldn't have hit it.
Summerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summerwolf For This Useful Post:
NWFRS (06-28-2016), Tcoat (06-28-2016)
Old 06-27-2016, 10:31 PM   #25
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dake View Post
........................it's legal for me to sit in the house and drink two bottles of whiskey every night, that doesn't mean I should.........
Hey, @Dake, I know that was over 20 years ago ..... but, just don't be peeking in my window no more ......

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Dake (06-28-2016)
Old 06-28-2016, 01:21 AM   #26
NWFRS

Drives: ‘13 FRS
Thanked 1,502 Times in 634 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Where do we draw the line here, though? Am I liable because I bought a car that is the same color as the road if someone can't see me? Local authorities have drawn the line at 18 inches. That's the line. It's like bitching about a speeding ticket for five over sixty. They've drawn the line at sixty. And 18 inches. (I also thought it was 12 inches though)

Too bad it happened I say. Neighbor sounds silly.
NWFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NWFRS For This Useful Post:
mdm (06-28-2016)
Old 06-28-2016, 01:47 AM   #27
LLYNCES

Drives: 13 Firestorm/UltramarineRIP/15 Halo
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
When I totaled my first red FRS somebody ran a stop sign and smashed into me. I was knocked out, got whiplash, concussion etc their vehicle rolled over top of mine - both vehicles were write offs. They tried to make the argument that I was speeding and the accident was my fault - despite the fact they completely blew a stop sign.

The conclusion of it was, whether I was speeding or not was irrelevant. They ran a stop sign into my vehicle. The insurance company paid me out plus some for injuries (never got the full pay out till a year later had to go through a lawyer for the injuries) but the police and insurance company immediately sided with me for who was at fault and never questioned my speed because to them it would have made no difference - you don't blow a stop sign.

It's similar in this case, it doesn't matter where your car was parked - if they have a problem with it they can call bylaw and try to get it towed- but even if you parked and blocked the guys driveway and he decided to hit you he should still be at fault for hitting your vehicle.

So him getting out and measuring some BS and going on about laws doesn't matter, none of it does, if he had a problem with your vehicles location he should have contacted bylaw, the police or went and talked to you. Part of driving is being aware of your surroundings, whether that's a 3 year old toddler walking down the sidewalk into your driveway where they should not be, or a car parked where it should not be. He should not have hit your vehicle period. If I were you I would have told him right off instantly.
LLYNCES is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LLYNCES For This Useful Post:
Jayzl (06-28-2016), NWFRS (06-28-2016)
Old 06-28-2016, 12:31 PM   #28
Imrac

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Prem
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
That neighbor reminds me of an employee at my old work.

There was a parking spot with a very large cement planter about 6 inches from the line of a parking space.

I am talking like 300 pounds, 3 foot high with a 5 foot plant growing out of the thing.

One morning she comes blazing into the parking lot, and goes straight into the spot... except this time about 6 inches over the line (No car was parked on the other side).

She side swiped the planter, when she backed out it pulled the planter closer.

She tried blaming the employer for moving the planter and her evidence was pictures of the ground were you can see the color difference of where the planter use to be. We also happened to have a security camera to witness the whole event.

The employer basically told her... You hit a stationary object, your fault, call your insurance company, tell them you ran into something and need repairs done. Thanks for playing...