follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 02-12-2015, 12:43 PM   #43
scottxnizzle

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
JDM side markers, a drop with 20mm and 25mm spacers. Clean look.
scottxnizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scottxnizzle For This Useful Post:
BRZ86_ (02-12-2015)
Old 02-12-2015, 01:28 PM   #44
BRZ86_

Drives: 2014 WR Blue Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottxnizzle View Post
JDM side markers, a drop with 20mm and 25mm spacers. Clean look.
Do you have any pictures with the spacers on? I was really considering getting some.
BRZ86_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 01:54 PM   #45
RobertPaulson
Hisnamewasrobertpaulson

Drives: 2017 Golf R
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZ86_ View Post
Do you have any pictures with the spacers on? I was really considering getting some.
quick google search came up with this

Old 02-12-2015, 02:44 PM   #46
Fender0122

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited SWP 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I've had my car for a little over a year now and here's the order of stuff I've done:

-Paint tail lights red, wheels bronze, and debadged it
-WeatherTech mats,
-Lamin-X yellow fog light covers
-HKS drop in filter (removed sound tube and resonator on airbox [left the one on the bend of the intake pipe])
-Delrin shift knob
-Eibach Pro-kit Springs, Koni Yellow struts
-STi replica front lip (will get rest of kit eventually)
-Used Borla UEL Header (initially bought a stock manifold and gutted the primary cat. That definitely helped the torque dip and increased fuel efficiency, but I wanted that rumble of the UEL and found one for a good price)
-Nameless Cam Plate to fix oil leak

I raced the car at all 12 local SCCA Solo events last year. Started out in CS (now in STX) with a bone stock car and slowly did what I could throughout the year. I'm moving this summer, so my spring budget is tight, but this is what I'm thinking I want to have done by the end of this next season:

-Tires. I want wheels and tires, but I think I'm just going to put some 225/40/17 Rivals on the stock wheels for now.
-Pads. Stock ones with sticky tires are decent for autocross, but I would love to get the car prepped for a HPDE at Mid Ohio. Possibly get SS brake lines, too.
-Sway bars.
-Crash bolts.
-Muffler, or Muffler Delete.

My overall goal for the car is to race it and budget build it for the 5 years I have left on the loan. I mostly want to do suspension and safety stuff for the time being. Once I pay it off, I will look at either turbo or 2jz swap, but I have no real plans for opening up the motor quite yet. Plus, I want to see what racing series are available for the car in 5 years because I would really love to race it in a spec series like the old e30s, Miatas, and FR500 Mustangs, and that would require a mostly stock engine.

You really don't need a bunch done to the car to really enjoy it. There was a guy in my region who spent a good $10k wheels/tires, coilovers, exhaust, seats, etc. My goal this year is to get my times down to his with 1/5th the budget. I also really wanted to get the fundamentals down with stock tires at first, because sticky tires are forgiving and can cover up mistakes. Part of me isn't bothered if I make these stock tires last another season (somehow, I didn't burn them all up!)

Good luck with the car and keep us posted on what all you do!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fender0122 For This Useful Post:
BRZ86_ (02-12-2015)
Old 02-12-2015, 03:16 PM   #47
BRZ86_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender0122 View Post
I've had my car for a little over a year now and here's the order of stuff I've done:

-Paint tail lights red, wheels bronze, and debadged it
-WeatherTech mats,
-Lamin-X yellow fog light covers
-HKS drop in filter (removed sound tube and resonator on airbox [left the one on the bend of the intake pipe])
-Delrin shift knob
-Eibach Pro-kit Springs, Koni Yellow struts
-STi replica front lip (will get rest of kit eventually)
-Used Borla UEL Header (initially bought a stock manifold and gutted the primary cat. That definitely helped the torque dip and increased fuel efficiency, but I wanted that rumble of the UEL and found one for a good price)
-Nameless Cam Plate to fix oil leak

I raced the car at all 12 local SCCA Solo events last year. Started out in CS (now in STX) with a bone stock car and slowly did what I could throughout the year. I'm moving this summer, so my spring budget is tight, but this is what I'm thinking I want to have done by the end of this next season:

-Tires. I want wheels and tires, but I think I'm just going to put some 225/40/17 Rivals on the stock wheels for now.
-Pads. Stock ones with sticky tires are decent for autocross, but I would love to get the car prepped for a HPDE at Mid Ohio. Possibly get SS brake lines, too.
-Sway bars.
-Crash bolts.
-Muffler, or Muffler Delete.

My overall goal for the car is to race it and budget build it for the 5 years I have left on the loan. I mostly want to do suspension and safety stuff for the time being. Once I pay it off, I will look at either turbo or 2jz swap, but I have no real plans for opening up the motor quite yet. Plus, I want to see what racing series are available for the car in 5 years because I would really love to race it in a spec series like the old e30s, Miatas, and FR500 Mustangs, and that would require a mostly stock engine.

You really don't need a bunch done to the car to really enjoy it. There was a guy in my region who spent a good $10k wheels/tires, coilovers, exhaust, seats, etc. My goal this year is to get my times down to his with 1/5th the budget. I also really wanted to get the fundamentals down with stock tires at first, because sticky tires are forgiving and can cover up mistakes. Part of me isn't bothered if I make these stock tires last another season (somehow, I didn't burn them all up!)

Good luck with the car and keep us posted on what all you do!

Niccccceeeee, keep me posted when you get the new tires and everything.
The Following User Says Thank You to BRZ86_ For This Useful Post:
Fender0122 (02-13-2015)
Old 02-14-2015, 02:05 PM   #48
BRZ86_

Just put in my order for my OFT and coils will be at the house on the 18th!!