follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Arizona

User Tag List
JonMotoring

Old 11-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #17795
martin86
Rabble Rabble Rabble

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross View Post

WTF They post in here regularly and no response to this? While I have my own feelings from dealing with Vivid directly (and they are not good) I just find this very disturbing and I swore I read about it happening multiple times with different clients.

Hope you get it all sorted out, you can look into reporting them since there seems to be a pattern of this happening.

Sorry to hear that but I think there is some confusion. I was not going to the Pav's thats over a 100 miles one way for me to go to and on weeks I have my son its not something I like to do.

However regarding Saturday I have the prototype of my new over pipe ready to go on my vehicle and Jack has his DC Sports one to put on.
I will be putting on my old exhaust as I said for video and pictures to sell online as well. I will also be installing some new garage goodies and the Lift should be ready if anyone needs to use it.

Stop on by if you like were starting at about 9am.

As for Halloween I changed from my work Costume of Future Trunks to Master Chief when we went out to Nightfall last night with Jack and the ladies. Nightfall was well... disappointing this year but we had fun. That Master Chief Costume gets attention every time and I just threw something together this time just because I didn't completely like the way my other costume turned out.

Alright time to get to work!
Damn wish I had seen this earlier haven't been on in a few days I would've come over and helped you guys out.
martin86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #17796
SpyderMS

Drives: 2014 BRZ - Crystal Black Silica
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Completely random video I found that looks like it may have been taken last Sunday on Highway 88... no idea whose car it is

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbNR1sFFw3I"]Highway 88 - 10/27/2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Please ignore the insane rattling/static sound
Old 11-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #17797
Flight86

Drives: Scion Frs
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Just ordered my tomei exhaust 60s getting all my parts together can't wait to put them in the day before the big meet
Flight86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flight86 For This Useful Post:
jeffsides (11-02-2013)
Old 11-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #17798
Boblhead

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderMS View Post
Completely random video I found that looks like it may have been taken last Sunday on Highway 88... no idea whose car it is

Please ignore the insane rattling/static sound
those damned highway speeders thinking they are racecar drivers
Boblhead is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boblhead For This Useful Post:
SpyderMS (11-02-2013)
Old 11-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #17799
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsides View Post
I don't disagree with you on most topics. I just get tired of reading slander type statements about companies in general. Nothing is perfect and asking as his issue was handled that's all that matters. I've had problems with companies in the past, as long as it's corrected I don't put them on blast. And I'll continue to use them. I won't just cut them off because of a mistake. Now the restocking fee you mentioned, is outrageous. But as long as they waived it for jack. I hope anyway. After my meeting with @vividracing last month, they know they have had bad press in the past and they are working very hard to gain the trusted name back. I'm all for doing business with local companies if possible and I truly like to support them. I just hope in jacks case, his issue was 100% resolved.

Sent from ARIZONA86 HQ
I can understand that and to be honest I would like to see Vivid come back, I am all for local business especially when they make products here in the USA. I will always buy made in the USA even if its a little more because I believe in doing so.
I wish them the best, its going to be hard but if they persevere they can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin86 View Post
Damn wish I had seen this earlier haven't been on in a few days I would've come over and helped you guys out.
We are still going and then hitting Bostons later you are welcome to join. The gentleman from Phoenix came down and got the exhaust, we found some modifications to make to the prototype up pipe.

Why don't you join us?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cross For This Useful Post:
jeffsides (11-02-2013), vividracing (11-03-2013)
Old 11-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #17800
SMOKETREES
Lowered Lifestyle

Drives: Scion Fr-S
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsides View Post
Sounded like he got his issue with vivid figured out, this post looks like all you are trying to do is start something.
For example.

Or this link....

How about this one.....

Where do you work cross? I bet I'll find just as much bad press online as well.

I know how all this works first hand. I work for a car dealership I've been in the business for 15 years. People are all such pansies! They act like buying a car is the worst thing that has ever happens to them in their life.

Cross. You are doing the same thing as mentioned earlier, have a good experience you tell 1 or 2 people. Have a bad one you tell everyone. It's not needed for you guys to bash other people and companies.

I'm just sick and tired of seeing certain posts by a select number of people that are either always being negative or always trying to stir things up.

Sent from ARIZONA86 HQ
Agreed! It's kinda stupid to bash on a company who is trying to fix their mistakes and who is trying to get good rep within the state lines and even nationwide. They are a shop who ships internationally! How many shops do you know who have that kind of traffic within their walls? Everything or everyone has a mistake. You of all people who deal with software should understand that some things go wrong with credit cards or debit cards. Companies all over the world have this issue, are you gonna go and talk bad about every company who had a mistake or has bad rep.... People are crazy and will say the most craziest things to get what they want and if they don't they do anything and will say anything to make them feel better. Trust me I know this for being in the fast food industry and dealing with customers for the past 7-8 yrs. It's retarded to gossip about a company who is actually going out of their way and supporting our group with the event this month. Some things need to just stay in your head especially on the forum cause quite frankly it's getting retarded and pushing me away from the forum by these discussions on the forum tbat don't even involve our cars. If you'd like to gossip then start a Facebook page and do it there...... I don't need to fish thru 2 pages on the forum tbat just deal with gossip and bad talk local companies..... Lets chit chat about our cars and what's the next mod we will be doing, the good conversations like in the past....

Sent from my HTC One
SMOKETREES is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SMOKETREES For This Useful Post:
vividracing (11-03-2013)
Old 11-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #17801
redsuns03

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Boosted w/ JDL v2.1
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKETREES View Post
Agreed! It's kinda stupid to bash on a company who is trying to fix their mistakes and who is trying to get good rep within the state lines and even nationwide. They are a shop who ships internationally! How many shops do you know who have that kind of traffic within their walls? Everything or everyone has a mistake. You of all people who deal with software should understand that some things go wrong with credit cards or debit cards. Companies all over the world have this issue, are you gonna go and talk bad about every company who had a mistake or has bad rep.... People are crazy and will say the most craziest things to get what they want and if they don't they do anything and will say anything to make them feel better. Trust me I know this for being in the fast food industry and dealing with customers for the past 7-8 yrs. It's retarded to gossip about a company who is actually going out of their way and supporting our group with the event this month. Some things need to just stay in your head especially on the forum cause quite frankly it's getting retarded and pushing me away from the forum by these discussions on the forum tbat don't even involve our cars. If you'd like to gossip then start a Facebook page and do it there...... I don't need to fish thru 2 pages on the forum tbat just deal with gossip and bad talk local companies..... Lets chit chat about our cars and what's the next mod we will be doing, the good conversations like in the past....

Sent from my HTC One
Like @Raceseng will be making rear top hats that's 1 inch higher so you don't sacrifice suspension travel on the rear? Tbh I might just build a suspension setup if I don't catch a free coil over from the sky

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Old 11-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #17802
Pscylo

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Anyone do hoodpins on a CF hood for these yet? It's my weekend project this week.
Pscylo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pscylo For This Useful Post:
redsuns03 (11-02-2013)
Old 11-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #17803
SMOKETREES
Lowered Lifestyle

Drives: Scion Fr-S
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Garage
Yes I do LIKE VERY MUCH their camber plates they are releasing! Love the color scheme they are going with! Their rears are suppose to increase travel by 2"

Sent from my HTC One
SMOKETREES is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SMOKETREES For This Useful Post:
redsuns03 (11-02-2013)
Old 11-02-2013, 10:27 PM   #17804
redsuns03

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Boosted w/ JDL v2.1
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKETREES View Post
Yes I do LIKE VERY MUCH their camber plates they are releasing! Love the color scheme they are going with! Their rears are suppose to increase travel by 2"

Sent from my HTC One
Hmm now I have to rethink things as I was planning to get stance LCAs. Funny thing is my ideal suspension setup won't require a lot of drop and the mod parts I'm planning to get kind of encourages you to drop. Lol

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Old 11-02-2013, 10:52 PM   #17805
40flash
John 1:12

Drives: Pearl white BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
I have not yet had an opportunity to deal with Vivid racing so I have no opinion of them and am not taking sides. I do want to say a few words about how we treat each other on this forum.
A month or two ago everybody and his brother was jumping on the tuner guy who had caught someones FR-S on fire and was shipping out kits that were potentially dangerous. The guy isn't local. I don't recall anyone jumping in to defend him. Many were piling on and having fun with the whole thing but the main deal with the talk about his shop on this forum was to put out a warning so others wouldn't be taken advantage of by an unreliable company selling a bad product. If someone on this forum has an issue with a company do we plan to sensor them so they cannot warn others because the company is local?
If I have an issue with vendor X, I would want to warn all of you. That is no reason to make personal attacks on me. If you had a hundred positive dealings with vendor X, you have every right to say so but I also would feel I have the right to warn you all.
If this forum is going to remain the fun place it has always been, we need to respect the opinions of others. The forum is similar to being married. If you are married now or you have ever been married you will understand this. Even in the best of marriages you don't agree on everything. If your marriage is going to survive you need to learn to fight fair in those disagreements. That means never make personal attacks on your spouse. It's fair to discuss the actions of the other but never demean the character of the other. That shows a total lack of respect for your spouse and the marriage will not survive that for long. It's an easy difference to comprehend. Like a marriage, people will leave and not come back if we don't fix this. The right way: 40flash, I disagree with you. I think you are wrong about X. The wrong way: 40flash, I disagree with you and you are an idiot for even having that opinion.
Treating people with respect even if you disagree with their opinion isn't rocket science guys. If I disagree with you I may speak up about it but I'll guarantee you, I won't be calling you names.
40flash is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 40flash For This Useful Post:
bignrichlll (11-03-2013), brenesk91 (11-02-2013), captain_jack (11-03-2013), Cross (11-03-2013), jeffsides (11-02-2013), Ninjin (11-03-2013), redsuns03 (11-02-2013), SpyderMS (11-03-2013)
Old 11-02-2013, 10:57 PM   #17806
brenesk91

Drives: 2013 SS BRZ
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Garage
So next mod I'll be going with will be open flash tablet went over @Cross house today and he showed me the ins & outs of the program and how to set everything up looks simple, very effective and also works with MacBooks! Thanks Elliott!
brenesk91 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brenesk91 For This Useful Post:
Cross (11-03-2013), redsuns03 (11-02-2013)
Old 11-02-2013, 11:17 PM   #17807
Pizzman
Crap another obsession.

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
One of the reasons I joined an internet forum of local people who enjoyed dorkin out on their cars as much as I, was for first hand reviews of parts, companies, and so on.

Keep in mind when you go on a forum rant, to use paragraphs (you know who you are) as it makes your rant very hard to follow.

I really want "first hand "accounts of ANY issues ANYONE has regarding ANY part, ANY companies, or ANYTHING related to our amazing vehicles. Any and all feedback is welcome. If and only if it is your own issue you have had. I don't need a 400 word essay on why, when, and whatever. Short and sweet with facts, PLEASE!

I have seen people get upset at others posts, welcome to the internets. GET OVER IT! You are all free to write as much as you want, but I for one will only laugh at all the "drama".

I think we have a group of pretty good people here. I have learned a lot, and had some fun. The info I have received has saved me hundreds of dollars. Keep it up guys, and thanks to all those who's wisdom does not go unnoticed (again you know who you are)

EDIT. Saw 3 BRZs on my way to ride today. White on Lake Pleasant Parkway, DGM at Fresh and Easy on Thomas and 107th and another DGM on Mcdowell and Crystal Gardens. I don't usually post spotted, but holy cow that's a lot of Zeds

Last edited by Pizzman; 11-02-2013 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Spotted!!
Pizzman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pizzman For This Useful Post:
Cross (11-03-2013), Ninjin (11-03-2013)
Old 11-02-2013, 11:47 PM   #17808
jeffsides
AZ FRS 86

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to jeffsides
Next year we need to put a convoy together for SEMA. I've never been. And just need to take the time to go.

Sent from ARIZONA86 HQ
redsuns03 (11-02-2013), SMOKETREES (11-03-2013)

Tags
arizona, fr-s, mesa, phoenix, scion, tucson, we need a subforum