follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northwest

Northwest AK, ID, OR, WA

User Tag List

Old 12-11-2015, 11:42 AM   #43
Pete156
I like to eat!

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Got my 86 in 2012. Insisted the dealer not drill the bumper. The Perrin relocation bracket has done the job well for 3+ years. I prefer air to actually cross my intercooler rather than block it with a license plate.
Those of you who are complaining, just be glad you don't live in a state where the authorities inspect every inch of your vehicle each year. They make you fix little things that people in WA State run around with all the time (cracked windows, mis-adjusted headlamps, warn tires, minor exhaust leaks, bent wheels, worn brakes, dark tints, riding too low, exhaust noise, warn seat belts, warn wipers, etc.). It is a royal pain in the ass! And costly.
For those of you placing the front plate on the dash - PLEASE STOP! Why? As a first responder for more than three decades I have been first to arrive at literally hundreds of auto collisions. I have witnessed drivers and passengers seriously injured by objects driven into their faces and heads by the force of explosive airbags propelling these objects rearward at high rates of speed. If you read your owners manual carefully you will find these precautions.
My two cents. Rant over
Pete156 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pete156 For This Useful Post:
RobertPaulson (12-11-2015), Side (01-21-2016), Ultramaroon (01-16-2016)
Old 01-16-2016, 04:54 PM   #44
JL_FRS

Drives: 2014 Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Someone hit my front plates and it broke the holder. Took it off ever since. Just have not made time to go get it replaced. Been over 9 month and I get paranoid around the law so maybe I should drop by the dealership to get it corrected.
JL_FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 05:29 PM   #45
15limited

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL_FRS View Post
Someone hit my front plates and it broke the holder. Took it off ever since. Just have not made time to go get it replaced. Been over 9 month and I get paranoid around the law so maybe I should drop by the dealership to get it corrected.
Your licence plate frame broke? Please don't tell me you're going to the dealer to get a new licence plate frame "installed". :o:o:o

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk
Perrin Transmission Bolt, Drift Button,Intake Tube, Radiator Hoses, Engine Mounts, Gurney Flap Diode Dynamics Always On Module OLM 3k HID Foglights GCS Smoked Side Markers Motul Gear 300/300 V OE Acantara arm rest Password JDM Dry Carbon rear diffuser Rally Armour Mud flaps H.I.C side & rear visor Gruppe-S UEL header/OP HKS Front Pipe Leg Sport Cat Back Koyorad aluminum radiator Wheelhaus CF low pro 3rd brake light Toms JDM Clear Tail Lamps
15limited is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 15limited For This Useful Post:
gtslow (01-16-2016)
Old 01-18-2016, 11:12 PM   #46
JL_FRS

Drives: 2014 Firestorm FR-S
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15limited View Post
Your licence plate frame broke? Please don't tell me you're going to the dealer to get a new licence plate frame "installed". :o:o:o

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk
I plan on going to the dealership to purchase a replacement license plate holder since the one I had was broken. I do not expect to have them to install it unless it was free.
JL_FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:44 AM   #47
Shaisters
Resident Wookie

Drives: 2013 SWP Limited BRZ
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Hmm, I've been running without a front plate since I bought this car. I've only been pulled over once specifically for the plate and that was about 4 months after I got it. The officer was really nice and kind of just wanted to know more about the car. I remember him asking me, "Is it fun?" To which I replied, "I don't know how to answer that question for you, sir." He didn't even write me a warning, just said to get it on there relatively soon. I've passed/been passed by many police cars since then with zero issues.
Shaisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 01:06 PM   #48
stockysnail
Just the tip

Drives: 2013 Lightning Red Subaru BRZ Mt Lt
Thanked 1,004 Times in 665 Posts
Mentioned: 176 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL_FRS View Post
I plan on going to the dealership to purchase a replacement license plate holder since the one I had was broken. I do not expect to have them to install it unless it was free.
I have a stock license plate frame you can have for free if you need a replacement. I bought a Grimmspeed one instead of drilling holes in my bumper, but if you already have the holes and need it, you're welcome to it.
stockysnail is offline   Reply With Quote