follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 07-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #15
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Whiteout is the best color on the FR-S......then Asphalt....then raven......

If you want to be adventurous then go with the firestorm or hot lava...

The argento and that blue color are weak....
The silver is a flat silver, or is it metallic silver?
tripjammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #16
Kayeri

Drives: FR-S hot lava MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2wings View Post
Alright, hi guys, I'm new here. I live in Canada, Québec. (Yeah main language here is french, so I might sound a little weird with my second language).

So here's the deal, Ive been looking at FR-S pictures and videos for over 2-3 weeks now. I still can't decide what color to take.

A few day ago, I ended up my choice on the firestorm, but then.. they called me saying "they have no red fr-s". If I want a red FR-S, I'll have to wait months. If I take a black one, I could have it in the next few days.

Black is nice, but I don't want to wash it every 2 days, I'd hate that. White is kinda the same, it looks dirty after 2 days. Blue is too dark, lava is nice, but I fear I might get bored of it. So this leave red right?

But then.. I never saw it in real life. I only saw the black and blue one (which both looked awesome of course, but they were both clean).

What to do! I know you can't really help me out on this, but I guess I'm just going crazy lol. I don't want to wait 3 months, but then, I don't want to spend 30 000$ on a color I might regret taking.

What would you do?
Salut! T'es pas le seul du Québec ici :happy0180:
Depending on where you live, I bought my hot lava from Guillaume at Park Avenue Toyota in Brossard. They have a red one right now, been sitting in the lot for a week so I guess it's unsold as of now. I saw it when I went to pick my hot lava (wich you need to see in full sunlight in order for it to share the full glory of the sun, it's magestic looking) Try giving the Brossard dealership a call, and I do recommend Guillaume, he managed to fing a hot lava for me even though all manual hot lavas in Canada were already sold.

Tell him Philippe sent you
Kayeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #17
b1pkkf26

Drives: 2005 civic, FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I was on the same boat as you, but I only need to decide on red or white, I end up with white and damn is it a beauty. As for dirty, I had it opticoat and I clean it once a week, during the weekday, unless it rains looks very good imho.
b1pkkf26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #18
K2wings

Drives: Scion Fr-S (soon)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayeri View Post
Salut! T'es pas le seul du Québec ici :happy0180:
Depending on where you live, I bought my hot lava from Guillaume at Park Avenue Toyota in Brossard. They have a red one right now, been sitting in the lot for a week so I guess it's unsold as of now. I saw it when I went to pick my hot lava (wich you need to see in full sunlight in order for it to share the full glory of the sun, it's magestic looking) Try giving the Brossard dealership a call, and I do recommend Guillaume, he managed to fing a hot lava for me even though all manual hot lavas in Canada were already sold.

Tell him Philippe sent you
Hey salut

The thing is, I want an AT, not manual. Somehow, I felt in love with the manual mode on the AT. And it looks like theres none AT around.. (red)
K2wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #19
SilentMike

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT Asphalt
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I feel your pain, o' brother to the north. I am going in to place a deposit on an FR-S tomorrow. I have seen all the colors in person except black, which I don't want anyway. Ultramarine is stunning! I am hesitant to pull the trigger on Ultramarine because (a) it will be difficult to keep clean, and (b) if the paint is as soft as it sounds (like my old 2.5 RS Subie), the nose will be quickly festooned with rock chips with light colored primer visible (I live in metro Atlanta). Asphalt too is gorgeous, but will probably not get the nod for the same reasons as Ultramarine. My two remaining choices are Argento and Whiteout. I owned a silver Miata and a silver S-2000, and have fond memories of how easy it was to keep both looking clean. The white 85' MR-2 was just as easy.

Now to decide?
SilentMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #20
m.box.design

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FRS
Thanked 1,662 Times in 933 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
If you really want a specific color, you should wait for one. I wanted white, and like you've experienced, dealerships told me I'd have to pre-order and wait for them to get me one (via inter-dealership trading).
I placed a deposit and they told me to wait 2-3 months. But I did my own hunting (at all local dealerships) and eventually found a white car (within a month).
If you're going to dump 25k+ of your hard earned money into something, might as well make sure it's the right color you want.
m.box.design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #21
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,057 Times in 8,329 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Go w Firestorm. Raven is great, but if you gonna spent $30k mind as well spent on car color that you like. Few month waiting isn't that bad.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #22
moniz

Drives: 2010 Mazda5 GT,2012 Honda Fit Sport
Quote:
Black is nice, but I don't want to wash it every 2 days, I'd hate that. White is kinda the same, it looks dirty after 2 days.

What would you do?
Actually no it doesn't. Speaking as a owner of a white Mazda 5, from a distance, white appears cleaner much longer than most other colours. Sure it will reveal itself as dirty when you get close up, but from a reasonable distance it will appear cleaner. Ever notice why almost ALL municipal vehicles are white? For that reason, considering the abuse and time between washings since they are in service a lot, they can go between washes longer without it looking like your city never washes their vehicles.
Past-'89 Civic Si ('93-'99)-'94 Civic Si ('99-'07)-'07 GTI(Lease)('07-'10)'98 Acura EL ('03-'13)Current-'12 Honda Fit Sport'10 Mazda5 ('10- Family car)No FR-S for me Kids in car seats still and just wouldn't work in an FR-S especially in winter.
moniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:37 PM   #23
Raven86

Drives: 2013 Raven FR-S
I have the Raven and i love it. The nicest color IMO. My second choice was asphalt. If you really want the firestorm though wait for it or you'll probably end up regretting it when you see one on the road
Raven86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #24
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,943 Times in 11,378 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:

A few day ago, I ended up my choice on the firestorm, but then.. they called me saying "they have no red fr-s". If I want a red FR-S, I'll have to wait months. If I take a black one, I could have it in the next few days.

Black is nice, but I don't want to wash it every 2 days, I'd hate that. White is kinda the same, it looks dirty after 2 days. Blue is too dark, lava is nice, but I fear I might get bored of it. So this leave red right?

But then.. I never saw it in real life. I only saw the black and blue one (which both looked awesome of course, but they were both clean).

What to do! I know you can't really help me out on this, but I guess I'm just going crazy lol. I don't want to wait 3 months, but then, I don't want to spend 30 000$ on a color I might regret taking.

What would you do?
I'm obviously biased and admit it. I will tell you though that the Firestorm just doesn't seem to show dirt at all. Case in point, look at this picture of mine from Southrnfresh.com. When they took that picture, I had driven it almost 1000 miles in commuter traffic and rain since it was last washed. It hadn't been waxed yet and has no coating on it. When I did wash it, it got a shade brighter. As far as I know, this is not photoshopped, although I suppose it could be for lighting. More photos at the link above.

Bottom line, never settle, get what you want. I would have been happy with Hot Lava or Asphalt but I LOVE the FireStorm.
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
Texas BRZ (07-27-2012), WS12888 (07-26-2012)
Old 07-26-2012, 09:05 PM   #25
yormaX
Rage your Dream

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S
You're not even part of Canada...
yormaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:55 AM   #26
K2wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by yormaX View Post
You're not even part of Canada...
Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to K2wings For This Useful Post:
ngabdala (08-01-2012)
Old 07-27-2012, 12:58 AM   #27
K2wings

@Dadhawk: Yeah it looks great. I just gotta at least see it in person. Pictures and videos can be misleading sometime. I never had a red car, but I guess this one would look awesome red.

Black is nice.. if only it could stay clean without having to wash it every weekend.

Sigh.. oh well I guess I will have to wait a couple months
Old 07-27-2012, 12:59 AM   #28
tnt

Drives: argento frs at
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
raven looks so good with five axis kit
tnt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tnt For This Useful Post:
Sall (07-27-2012)