follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 10-11-2021, 06:20 AM   #1
oBradyG

Drives: 2020 Subaru BRZ AT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stg 2 tune feels stock

So I first flashed to the base stg 2 v4.03 tune and I felt the power upgrade.. but I missed cold starts, so I edited the tune file to get cold starts back by editing the Ignition Timing Post start, MAF Correction After Start (Neutral) and (Ingear), and idle speed target A-F, and when I reflashed I noticed it didnít have the low throttle response like it normally does after reflashing, and I can definitely feel the power is gone? Did I do something wrong to lose the power? It just feels like itís stock with no tune
oBradyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 08:05 AM   #2
Thetafour

Drives: 2017 CWP BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re for the flash as intended by the tunee, pull your batteryz drive 100km and report back?

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Thetafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 10:26 AM   #3
Espi

Drives: 17 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I flashed from stg1 to stg2 recently and it took a good week for stg2 to settle. Flash, turn off and idle for 60 sec. then go for a drive. It will take a few drive cycles for the ecu to learn everything. Youíll feel the power come back after about 20 drive cycles.
Espi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 11:47 AM   #4
DarkSunrise

Drives: 13 FR-S
Thanked 3,935 Times in 2,087 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oBradyG View Post
So I first flashed to the base stg 2 v4.03 tune and I felt the power upgrade.. but I missed cold starts, so I edited the tune file to get cold starts back by editing the Ignition Timing Post start, MAF Correction After Start (Neutral) and (Ingear), and idle speed target A-F, and when I reflashed I noticed it didnít have the low throttle response like it normally does after reflashing, and I can definitely feel the power is gone? Did I do something wrong to lose the power? It just feels like itís stock with no tune
After reflashing, the throttle will feel sluggish for a while. To speed up the throttle position learning process, try the following. Put the car into accessory mode, press the throttle pedal to the floor 20 times, turn off the car. Do this twice. Then start the car and your throttle response should be normal.
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSunrise For This Useful Post:
Celica00 (10-11-2021)